PDA

View Full Version : I still can't get to teaparty07.com site. What is going on?

dfalken
11-09-2007, 07:41 AM
We are loosing people that have seen us mentioned on CNN and other MSM outlets.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 08:06 AM
We are loosing people that have seen us mentioned on CNN and other MSM outlets.

What's going on is someone without a lot of web knowhow got the domain, and now we are experiencing the issues.

But we got the domain, that was far more important.

Beerhall Agitator
11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
I AGREE! This is ridiculous! Throw something up, anything, just don't have a dead page. Someone's really dropping the ball here. A simple a graphic would be plenty for now, and much better than nothing. I know nothing about website creation, but I could figure out how to put up a simple page and even an email subscription script in minutes. Get something up then work on making it pretty!

JordanL
11-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I AGREE! This is ridiculous! Throw something up, anything, just don't have a dead page. Someone's really dropping the ball here. A simple a graphic would be plenty for now, and much better than nothing. I know nothing about website creation, but I could figure out how to put up a simple page and even an email subscription script in minutes. Get something up then work on making it pretty!

Like I've said, until it's up, my site is there:

http://ondecember16th.com/

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
it is up (I can see it finally), its just that alot of people cant see it yet for some strange reason.

max
11-09-2007, 08:29 AM
why didnt we just delegate this thing to the same folks that handled Nov 5th?...

JordanL
11-09-2007, 08:30 AM
why didnt we just delegate this thing to the same folks that handled Nov 5th?...

Well... we did... kind of... actually, that whole transfer process is WHY it's taking this long.

dfalken
11-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Jordan your efforts are appreciated but I sense you are trying to compete with the people creating the teaparty site. I know you said you will redirect your sites once the main is working but I also sense your attitude is pretty confrontational. Let's focus on the goal and stay united. I for one think the Guy Fawkes idea was very risky and it is not appealing to the mainstream voters which are ultimately the one's that will decide the election but it worked so i haven't criticized it and instead I am trying to focus positive energies in contributing ideas moving forward. We are going mainstream at this point so we have to redirect our focus. For example your huge revolution sign on your page is not really appealing to the mainstream in my opinion and it also gives the media more ammo to portray Ron Paul and his supporters as a bunch of whackos. Let's stay focused, united and grow with the campaign. We have the support of all of us non-conformists, now we need to sell the message to the average person out there.

Green Mountain Boy
11-09-2007, 08:36 AM

It has been delegated to Trevor, who did nov. 5th. You will see the site shortly if you don't already.

qwerty
11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
I really donīt understand what īs taking so long ?

TIME IS MONEY!

We need to start spreding it!

JordanL
11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Jordan your efforts are appreciated but I sense you are trying to compete with the people creating the teaparty site. I know you said you will redirect your sites once the main is working but I also sense your attitude is pretty confrontational.

Not at all. Confrontational would be if I didn't include links to teaparty07.com in all the promotional material I've done so far, with the exception of one YouTube video.

I have actively been promoting the message, not necessarily one site or the other.

Green Mountain Boy
11-09-2007, 08:38 AM
We have 37 days till Dec. 16 so everyone relax. We have plenty of time.

At least twice as much time as we had for nov. 5th

Wayne Hammond
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Things are okay. The reason for the waiting time period on www.teaparty07.com is that once Trevor and/or Nathaniel made changes to the DNS records, (which I'm assuming was yesterday sometime), it can sometimes take more 48 hours to propagate to all the various servers worldwide. I've even heard of it taking up to 72 hours in extreme cases.

As for Jordan's site, he is honorable and is a part of the community here. We don't need to question his motives, he has proven himself here, in my opinion and contributed greatly to the cause.

I believe Jordan has agreed to either forward folks to the teaparty07.com site, or at least provide a major link to that site from his site at ondecember16th.com site.

tonyr1988
11-09-2007, 09:40 AM
I really donīt understand what īs taking so long ?

TIME IS MONEY!

We need to start spreding it!

Trust me, there's absolutely nothing they can do to speed up the DNS changes.

You know that every computer on the Internet (or any network, for that matter) has an IP address? Something like 123.52.62.13. Well, you would hate to have to keep a list of all of those just to get to web pages (Google has one, RPForums has one, etc.). So, they use URLs. When you type in a URL, it just redirects to the IP address of the server. So, when you type in Google, it's just a codeword for some IP address. These codewords are determined by your ISP.

The teaparty07.com site was directed towards the original owner's IP address. They changed the DNS so that teaparty07.com would go to the new owner's IP address (computer). The problem is, this change has to go to every ISP in the country - this can take a while.

It's out of their hands. Even if they put a "filler" page on their server, it won't show up, because teaparty07.com doesn't know which computer is theirs.

All we can do is wait - web forces higher than ourselves control it now. :P