PDA

View Full Version : thisdecember16th.com harming the campaign?

GHoeberX
11-09-2007, 07:41 AM
New Ron Paul Fund Raiser Put Anarchy Image Up Front?
Friday, November 09, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

FMNN NEWS ANALYSIS/OPINION

A new donation day seems to be in the works for the presidential campaign of Jeffersonian conservative Ron Paul (R-Tex). It will likely take place on December 16th, the day of the US "Boston Tea Party," and a web-page at “www.thisdecember16th.com” (http://www.thisdecember16th.com) apparently provides a glimpse as to a possible presentation of the message that is to be delivered by the fund-raising effort.

The tagline itself is seemingly wonderfully evocative "No taxation through inflation." But the imagery itself does not draw from the "Boston Tea Party." Instead, it places the "Anarchist" flower-throwing iconic figure front and center, ensuring a continued dialogue over the meaning of Ron Paul's Constitutionalist message.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=51238&fb=1

kylejack
11-09-2007, 07:43 AM
That's BANKSY, not anarchy. FMNN is retarded and not a credible media source. Remember the Q2 fiasco?

dfalken
11-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Who is the idiot that put up that site with that picture on it? Seriously people what is going on here, the real site is not accessible to everyone yet these competing sites are popping up all over the place threatening to damage the campaign. Thankfully the grass roots for other candidates are not well organized because otherwise they could be damaging our efforts more than we are damaging them ourselves already.

kylejack
11-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Who is the idiot that put up that site with that picture on it? Seriously people what is going on here, the real site is not accessible to everyone yet these competing sites are popping up all over the place threatening to damage the campaign. Thankfully the grass roots for other candidates are not well organized because otherwise they could be damaging our efforts more than we are damaging them ourselves already.

Relax. Banksy is not a threat.

kylejack
11-09-2007, 07:50 AM
http://www.banksy.co.uk/indoors/index2.html

micahnelson
11-09-2007, 07:52 AM
I think its funny, it counters the idea that we are some crazies by juxtaposing our message of revolution, with our message of peace. Thus the protester chucking flowers instead of Molotov's. lol.

TruckinMike
11-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Relax... TruckinMike is here, every things a-ok, :)

I still remember the "V for vendetta is destroying the campaign" propagandists.

TM

kylejack
11-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Relax... TruckinMike is here, every things a-ok, :)

I still remember the "V for vendetta is destroying the campaign" propagandists.

TM

Yes, they'll be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

max
11-09-2007, 08:26 AM
that site sucks...

the theme is the BOSTON TEA PARTY....We need images of the actual event from 230 years ago....not this flower throwing bullshit...

..I really hate it when different people start putting their hands in shit...

lets just stick with the original gang that handled Nov 5th

kylejack
11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
that site sucks...

the theme is the BOSTON TEA PARTY....We need images of the actual event from 230 years ago....not this flower throwing bullshit...

..I really hate it when different people start putting their hands in shit...

lets just stick with the original gang that handled Nov 5th

Surely you don't mean that we should use those people who damaged other people's property and later overthrew the government with violence!

;)

micahnelson
11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah we should get some Original Tea Party stuff up there too... but I have no problem with this picture.

Marceline88
11-09-2007, 09:58 AM
http://www.thisdecember16th.com/ This the page ya'll are talking about right?? I don't see the Banksy thing your talking about, I see a composition book on top of a map of the middle-east with a photo of Ron and some Big Brother is coming sticker.

I dunno....why can't it be all about Revolutionary War imagery? Tri-corn hats and leggings, brass buckles on the shoes, white powdered wigs and crates of tea chucked into the harbor???

kylejack
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Its been changed.

GHoeberX
11-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Its been changed.

I think the webmaster made a good decision to replace that.

Gimme Some Truth
11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Erm, we want the media to cover the proper websites .

PS. The rally is on the 15th.

HarryTuttle
11-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Not to step on any toes, but the teaparty07 seems like it will be more effective. It's more in-theme, maybe have thisdecember16th point to it?