11-09-2007, 07:40 AM
what shall I do now..
:eek:

kylejack
11-09-2007, 07:46 AM
You know.

jaumen
11-09-2007, 07:47 AM
haha.... don't get yourself into trouble now, don't put money you can't afford to pay on your credit card... all for people supporting Ron Paul, but not at the expense of their personal good.

kylejack
11-09-2007, 07:52 AM
haha.... don't get yourself into trouble now, don't put money you can't afford to pay on your credit card... all for people supporting Ron Paul, but not at the expense of their personal good.
After Ron Paul's election, the elimination of the income tax will allow Ron Paul supporters to clear their debt.

The Dane
11-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Live like a poor man the next month and give the money you spared the 16th of december.

Thats better than borrowing the money now.

kylejack
11-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Live like a poor man the next month and give the money you spared the 16th of december.

Thats better than borrowing the money now.
How much would you be willing to pay in finance charges to never pay income tax again?

ronpaulfan
11-09-2007, 08:02 AM

LET IT NOT BE SAID WE DONATED NOTHING!!!

:D

freedominnumbers
11-09-2007, 08:03 AM
It's OK. Max out all your CCs for Ron Paul.:p

Look at it this way. If he gets elected than you'll save enough on taxes to pay off the CC. If not then the fed will bail you out of your bad debt.

jaumen
11-09-2007, 08:06 AM
LET IT NOT BE SAID WE DONATED NOTHING!!!

:D

Not saying don't donate anything, just advising that you should be financially responsible. Pretending the abolition of the income tax is a for sure thing is not a good part of a plan of getting out of debt. Even in the desired outcome of Ron Paul winning, which is not a sure thing, it is likely to be awhile before such a thing would happen.

In the end, it's your life, if you want to donate a couple thousand dollars you don't have, you can. As long as you're ok with the potential consequences, it's your business... just offering advice, I don't like to see people miserably in debt.

Credit card companies are evil... give them a chance to screw you, and they will.

kylejack
11-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Not saying don't donate anything, just advising that you should be financially responsible. Pretending the abolition of the income tax is a for sure thing is not a good part of a plan of getting out of debt. Even in the desired outcome of Ron Paul winning, which is not a sure thing, it is likely to be awhile before such a thing would happen.

In the end, it's your life, if you want to donate a couple thousand dollars you don't have, you can. As long as you're ok with the potential consequences, it's your business... just offering advice, I don't like to see people miserably in debt.

Credit card companies are evil... give them a chance to screw you, and they will.
I would sacrifice all I currently possess, my credit rating included, to get Ron Paul elected. I am what I believe, not what I own. To betray the former to salvage the latter would be irresponsible of me.

ladyliberty
11-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I would sacrifice all I currently possess, my credit rating included, to get Ron Paul elected. I am what I believe, not what I own. To betray the former to salvage the latter would be irresponsible of me.

Likewise - We can Ramen Noodles and mac and cheese until election time if we have to!

Nefertiti
11-09-2007, 08:17 AM

You certainly aren't what you own if you own nothing and instead spend money you borrowed from others to donate to Ron Paul. But is that right?

kylejack
11-09-2007, 08:23 AM
You certainly aren't what you own if you own nothing and instead spend money you borrowed from others to donate to Ron Paul. But is that right?
Of course its right. Companies give me credit cards so that I'll spend their money and pay them back in finance charges. $2300 on a card with 12% interest can be paid off with $50 payments in 62 months, just in time to finance Ron's re-election campaign. Is $50 a reasonably small amount to budget each month? Yes. Am I willing to pay it for 62 months to cap donations to Ron Paul? Yes.

xqqmytude
11-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi guys. I've been lurking since spring. First post. Whoo hoo!

I have a Discover card as well. How are you using it? Are you taking a cash advance? (I don't have PayPal so I don't know if you can use Discover for that.)

kylejack
11-09-2007, 08:32 AM

I have a Discover card as well. How are you using it? Are you taking a cash advance? (I don't have PayPal so I don't know if you can use Discover for that.)

Ooo, good point, campaign doesn't accept Discover.

sparebulb
11-09-2007, 08:52 AM
No need to go in debt. RP would not want you to do that. Why would he want you to do the very thing that he warns people not to do? There are many, many people who can come up with the money without hurting their futures with needless debt. The last money bomb had an average donation of a little over $100 per person.

There are ways to help without coming out of your financial future. Get with a local group and hand out fliers and hang signs. Put a price on what it would cost to hire someone to do this and it doesn't take long before you have donated the equivalent to the $2300 maximum cash donation. And there is no limit on this!

krott5333
11-09-2007, 08:53 AM

well, you could go to www.ronpaul2008.com/donate on December 16th and donate $2300 :D

or you could buy promotional items as well.

I'll probably buy some slim jims from www.ronpaul2008store.com

I'd like to get about 1000 gun right slim jims and take them to the local shops and ranges.

krott5333
11-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Ooo, good point, campaign doesn't accept Discover.

they dont?

ahhh what the hell

jaumen
11-09-2007, 09:06 AM
according to paypal.com you can pay with discover, so anyone looking to donate with a discover card should be able to through paypal.

10thAmendmentMan
11-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Just remember that credit cards are about THE worst (least advantageous) possible way for you to borrow money.

jake
11-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Yes, you can donate with PayPal via Discover (and you don't actually need a PayPal 'account' - PayPal will just facilitate the transaction)

nayjevin
11-09-2007, 10:05 AM

if i were single i would be operating on that philosophy.

Smiley Gladhands
11-09-2007, 10:26 AM
How much would you be willing to pay in finance charges to never pay income tax again?

I'm with you kylejack. I think we can use their easy credit policies against them.

Personally, I like to hedge with some sort of gold trade, but my GSS call options trade hasn't worked out as I hoped, despite gold's great run. Assuming an intrade payoff would be received with no problems, that might be the best trade to offest a leveraged donation to Ron Paul.

Keep in mind, if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, Hillary and the democrats will likely be in charge. And just like all this talk of bailing out subprime borrowers they might step in and bail out those who default on credit card payments. At the very least you can get government assistance and free healthcare. :)

But seriously...companies try to find their optimal debt levels, to take advantage of the nearly constantly-increasing money supply. If you can borrow at 5% and invest at 10% you can pocket the difference. Granted, credit cards charge much higher than 5%, but what kind of return on investment does Ron Paul represent? Greater than 25% per annum is my guess. And you can get credit card miles to go fly up to the inaguration too! What's not to like?