PDA

View Full Version : Utilizing Craigslist

Seamaiden
06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
I have begun to go view the politic discussion forums on Craigslist. There are a good number of people who believe in Dr. Paul and our (collective our/we) ideas (I cannot ascribe the idea of moving back towards the Constitution as Dr. Paul's only). This could be a very large untapped contingent. Has anyone else used these forums, and if so, do you think this might be a good venue for gaining more supporters?

So often I'm reading people who say, "Yes, I happen to agree with RP, and I'd support him, IF he had a chance. But he doesn't and I don't want to waste my vote." I wish I could get an accurate count of those numbers, but I believe that it's a bit like roaches in the kitchen -- where there's one there are a hundred.

ThePieSwindler
06-17-2007, 10:46 AM
What i always tell people is its just as much a "waste" of a vote to vote for the frontrunner, because if they are such a shoe in that people are saying they are, then theyll win whether you vote for them or not. Thus, i say, vote on principle, NOT with the pulse of popularity.

I honestly think if everyone person who doesnt want to "waste their vote" voted for Ron Paul, he'd get a 5-6% bump in the polls. Of course then, he wouldn't be a "longshot". So people are making him a longshot by holding to the collective wisdom.

NewEnd
06-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I have left a few "who is ron paul?" threads in the R & R section.

But I don't really use craig's list often.

carla8478
06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm the organizer for my local meetup group and there is something in the help section under promoting your group that talks about how to use Craigslist.

princessredtights
06-18-2007, 08:15 AM
I post an announcement in the "groups" section each week for the meetups :)