PDA

View Full Version : MSM Just Handed Iowa to Ron Paul - Thank You!

Created4
01-01-2012, 10:36 AM
I have now watched all three appearances of Ron Paul on the MSM Sunday "News" shows, and every single one of them were premeditated hit pieces. There was no honest attempt at all, except for a small part of Chris Wallace's interview in the beginning, to cover Dr. Paul's positions. It was all attack mode. People might be naive on certain things, or uniformed, but generally adults are not too stupid, because they have to deal with people in the real world. Everyone will see from these interviews today, that Ron Paul is obviously making people worried, and that they are trying to stop him. With the current mood of distrust in this country, these attack interviews are going to push undecideds to further research Dr. Paul, and that is where he shines. Thank you MSM. I believe you just handed Dr. Paul a victory in Iowa.

Created4
01-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't see the ABC interview floating around here yet, but here it is. The worse of the bunch, but probably the best in effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PZkXS9qgv-Q

Fermli
01-01-2012, 10:40 AM
yes I agree that these interviews can only help Paul. I wouldn't go so far as to say that these interviews will give Paul a win in Iowa, but I do feel that the interviews help to get people to research him on the internet. I wish I had seen any type of Ron Paul interview on a Sunday show 10 years ago.

unknown
01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I've stopped watching them. Its almost akin to watching a crime in progress.

Just gonna keep calling, giving and praying (though I'm a Deist).

airborne373
01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I have now watched all three appearances of Ron Paul on the MSM Sunday "News" shows, and every single one of them were premeditated hit pieces. There was no honest attempt at all, except for a small part of Chris Wallace's interview in the beginning, to cover Dr. Paul's positions. It was all attack mode. People might be naive on certain things, or uniformed, but generally adults are not too stupid, because they have to deal with people in the real world. Everyone will see from these interviews today, that Ron Paul is obviously making people worried, and that they are trying to stop him. With the current mood of distrust in this country, these attack interviews are going to push undecideds to further research Dr. Paul, and that is where he shines. Thank you MSM. I believe you just handed Dr. Paul a victory in Iowa.

I concur. Those interviews were clownish in their attempt to manipulate "mind space." IMO even the most faithful viewer of these programs must know it is a Soviet style smear job, not only on Ron Paul but all pro-Constitution Liberty loving Americans. As a veteran I am very offended by ABC, CBS, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, CNN.

Okie RP fan
01-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Well, spread the videos.

Muwahid
01-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I don't see the ABC interview floating around here yet, but here it is. The worse of the bunch, but probably the best in effect.

Haha.. Ron yelled at him!

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-01-2012, 10:48 AM
That ABC interview was fantastic. Never truer words have been spoken in humanity, in regards to the things that Ron Paul talks about.

klamath
01-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Hit pieces are not going to help. It is a horrible falacy to say that they are good.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Here's what George Carlin has to say about the MSM. If he were alive today, I think he would have been a RP supporter.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI&feature=related

steph3n
01-01-2012, 10:53 AM

This is all that matters now. Ignore the polls, ignore the predictions. Call, Give, Pray/Vibrate/Shake/Meditate, whatever you want, but do these things to get a win.

vechorik
01-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Well, I don't consider them so much as "hit interviews" -- they are giving Dr. Paul a chance to speak out against attacks. Nothing wrong with that.

jsem
01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Ron Paul just owned that ABC interview.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Hope you have a great 2012? The man was about as gutless as he could be. And then he closes with "Hope you have a great 2012?"

PhineasFinn
01-01-2012, 11:07 AM

I'm a Deist as well! It's hard to find fellow Deists... Yeah the attacks are quite desperate by the news networks. After a strong finish in Iowa, the attacks will step up and the next debate will be interesting.

No Free Beer
01-01-2012, 11:26 AM
I thought the ABC interview was pretty fair

Tod
01-01-2012, 11:40 AM
That ABC interview can only help him......he handled the obvious bias extremely well AND got in a plug for investigating his record on the web.

jolynna
01-01-2012, 11:53 AM
The interviewer came across as unfair and vicious when he disregarded questions already asked and answered and still kept on jabbing the knife trying to get a "gotcha" moment. The interviewer was like an inquisitor that keeps kicking a fallen soldier in the head trying to get the soldier to admit he is guilty of a crime. When the soldier steadfastly sticks to the truth the torturer uses knives and more painful weapons.

I'm a grandmother that is old enough to get AARP that has gone from being a devoted Bill O'Reilly fan to a watcher of The Young Turks and what I can find on the internet. When even a grandma that has been exposed for decades to media gets jaded and suspicious of how information is presented, the slant and unfairness has to be clear.

The good thing is that anyone who has taken the time to research Ron Paul on the issues and compared his stances, based on fact, to the "sound bites" put out by other candidates isn't going to be swayed. They will just dig in their heels more.

If only there was more time to expose people to the U.K.'s Telegraph and Guardian which don't sugarcoat the world's financial situation the way our American press does. We are all teetering on the brink and the idiot media is blathering on about less than 10 sentences in 30-year-old newsletters Ron Paul says he disavows and didn't personally write. Unless somebody has a video showing Ron Paul writing the words, the situation is a MAYBE and a 30-year-old maybe.

I wish, wish, wish there was more time to expose people to basic economics and the world situation so they could put everything into perspective.

Kevin Smyth
01-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Hit pieces are not going to help. It is a horrible falacy to say that they are good.

Republicans would tend to side with Paul when he's attacked by liberal ABC but the Fox watcher Republicans are not going to be against Chris Wallace, they'll be with him against Ron Paul and they will think his attacks on Paul are well justified.

Created4
01-01-2012, 12:02 PM
The interviewer came across as unfair and vicious when he disregarded questions already asked and answered and still kept on jabbing the knife trying to get a "gotcha" moment. The interviewer was like an inquisitor that keeps kicking a fallen soldier in the head trying to get the soldier to admit he is guilty of a crime. When the soldier steadfastly sticks to the truth the torturer uses knives and more painful weapons.

I'm a grandmother that is old enough to get AARP that has gone from being a devoted Bill O'Reilly fan to a watcher of The Young Turks and what I can find on the internet. When even a grandma that has been exposed for decades to media gets jaded and suspicious of how information is presented, the slant and unfairness has to be clear.

The good thing is that anyone who has taken the time to research Ron Paul on the issues and compared his stances, based on fact, to the "sound bites" put out by other candidates isn't going to be swayed. They will just dig in their heels more.

If only there was more time to expose people to the U.K.'s Telegraph and Guardian which don't sugarcoat the world's financial situation the way our American press does. We are all teetering on the brink and the idiot media is blathering on about less than 10 sentences in 30-year-old newsletters Ron Paul says he disavows and didn't personally write. Unless somebody has a video showing Ron Paul writing the words, the situation is a MAYBE and a 30-year-old maybe.

I wish, wish, wish there was more time to expose people to basic economics and the world situation so they could put everything into perspective.

I hope you can talk to other "grandmas and grandpas" because the senior population is Ron Paul's weakest base right now. Probably because they still get so much of their information from TV, while the younger generations turn to the Internet.

alex_florida
01-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Ron Paul just owned that ABC interview.

No, as for newssletters i don't think so. He should have repeated what he said in the interview with Jan Mickelson on Dec 29th that it had been published more than 10,000 pages in the newssletters in total and they were able to fish only several not politically correct phrases out of 10,000 pages! It would immidiatly show any reasonable person that this newsletter issue is artificially inflated and biased. I do not know why he did not repeat this great argument.

amabala
01-01-2012, 12:21 PM

Class vs. Trash. Class wins every time. Good job handling that lame interviewer Ron Paul.

wgadget
01-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I like how his cold has made his voice deeper and more gruff than usual. :)

libertyguy
01-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes, all of these morning appearances were destined to be hit pieces. Ron Paul would have been naive to believe otherwise especially since it was the last time for the networks to hit Paul and watch for him to trip over something that they could create a sound bite to cover the media thru caucus day. However, I look at his morning shows as being a positive thing. When your positions are twisted and attacked openly, it is a disadvantage.....except if you get a chance to explain them. This was something that RP had a chance to do. Actually, it was like a debate and while his ideas were twisted, it did give him a chance to correct and set the interviewer straight. Thus, I look at his interviews as being very very positive despite the questions and the intent of the program to trip him up! Hopefully a lot of Americans got a chance to see him talk about the issues and see him make his positions clear.

jay_dub
01-01-2012, 12:27 PM
The only thing the media has on RP is the newsletters. If he can weather this, his campaign's in good shape. I wish he would just say something like, "I've already answered this many times on every network and I won't be repeating myself any more. Those newsletter snippets are totally contradicted by my record and my positions. Unless you can find something in my record that suggests otherwise, I won't be responding to these baseless attacks any further."

The strength of his campaign is reducing our global militarism and solving our financial crisis. He needs to make a better effort to link these two issues as you cannot have financial recovery while being the world's policeman. This needs to be hammered at every opportunity. Leave the fringe issues alone, as that only gives the media more chances to do hit pieces. The economy, civil liberty and non-intervention are the central issues.

wgadget
01-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Haha.. Ron yelled at him!

Ron=BOSS

Created4
01-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Yes, this was the first time I can remember Ron actually yelling at a news person. I wonder if that had been decided before hand, should any quotes from Dondero be shown? The anchor seemed taken aback, like he didn't expect a reaction like that.

Darthbrooklyn
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I just watched all 3 of the MSM interviews and I have to say... HE CRUSHED ALL 3... glad he went home to get some rest because hes on his A game now... Bring on Jan 3

Created4
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
In contrast, as I predicted last night Meet the Press did their own vetting of Rick Santorum today. Anybody catch that? Even their Facebook page is not talking about it. He came across as just another flip flopper. Some highlights:

"I look back at some of my votes in Congress and say 'Why in the heck did I do that?'"

He supported Romney as a conservative in 2008, but attacks him today as a moderate.

Campaigning in Pennsylvania in 2006, he tried to portray himself as a moderate.

And the biggest one: He OPPOSES democracy, such as what happened in Egypt, if the results are an Islamic government.

coffeewithgames
01-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Not sure why the campaign isn't more on top of the newsletters issue, and Dondero or whoever he is.
Dondero rebuttal - "The same campaign staffer you're quoting, is the one that is supporting the big government Mitt Romney. It's also the same staffer that ran against me for my congressional seat, and LOST. Why don't you report the whole story?"

phill4paul
01-01-2012, 12:35 PM

Do my ears deceive me or did he start out by saying "...given your prominent PURGE in the polls?"

Fermli
01-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Do my ears deceive me or did he start out by saying "...given your prominent PURGE in the polls?"

Tapper says 'perch' not 'purge'

Created4
01-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Not sure why the campaign isn't more on top of the newsletters issue, and Dondero or whoever he is.
Dondero rebuttal - "The same campaign staffer you're quoting, is the one that is supporting the big government Mitt Romney. It's also the same staffer that ran against me for my congressional seat, and LOST. Why don't you report the whole story?"

I thought the way they handled it today was good: Ron Paul yelled back: "STOP IT" and let them know how ridiculous it was to even bring this guy up.

Veteran Citizen
01-01-2012, 12:50 PM

I'm not so sure that went well. People that are skeptical of him may not have a better opinion after watching that.

Chester Copperpot
01-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Nothing wrong with praying if youre a Deist. So am I. I pray, and He always listens.

wgadget
01-01-2012, 12:53 PM
I wonder how many people watching these three interviews will wonder why they're all attacking Ron Paul from both sides of the so-called spectrum.

Vewy interesting.

wgadget
01-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I also wonder how many "evangelicals" are were in church today during these interviews...

Captain Shays
01-01-2012, 01:08 PM
"There is something exceedingly ridiculous in the compositon of monarchy. It first excludes a man from the means of information and then empowers him to act in cases where the highest judgement is required" Thomas Paine Common Sense

Travlyr
01-01-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm not so sure that went well. People that are skeptical of him may not have a better opinion after watching that.
People that are skeptical are rapidly learning that the coordinated attacks and questions by national media personnel are simply reading from teleprompters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GME5nq_oSR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GME5nq_oSR4

jay_dub
01-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Of the 3 interviews (ABC, Fox and CNN), the ABC was the most blatant hit piece and CNN was the least. It seems that they are realizing that if they continue with this that everyone will see this as badgering and it will have the reverse effect of what they desire. So they have to move on, however reluctantly. RP did very well and shows that he is sharpening his focus on the issues he wants to discuss and is getting his plugs in. Iowa will be what it is. The campaign will survive and will be stronger. There is nothing left to hit him on, so now they have to talk about issues.

Advantage...Ron Paul.

Sublyminal
01-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Of the 3 interviews (ABC, Fox and CNN), the ABC was the most blatant hit piece and CNN was the least. It seems that they are realizing that if they continue with this that everyone will see this as badgering and it will have the reverse effect of what they desire. So they have to move on, however reluctantly. RP did very well and shows that he is sharpening his focus on the issues he wants to discuss and is getting his plugs in. Iowa will be what it is. The campaign will survive and will be stronger. There is nothing left to hit him on, so now they have to talk about issues.

Advantage...Ron Paul.

So you're saying they've blown their load in the last two weeks and have nothing left. So now all they can focus on is the other candidates. GENIUS move by Ron Paul.

jay_dub
01-01-2012, 01:23 PM
So you're saying they've blown their load in the last two weeks and have nothing left. So now all they can focus on is the other candidates. GENIUS move by Ron Paul.

I've scoured the internet for 'dirt' on RP and the newsletters is really the only thing. Chris Wallace mentioned them in prefacing a question about RP's book and it fed right into what RP wanted to say. Same thing with Candy Crowley on CNN. She tried the 'effectiveness' attack and RP turned that around on her. People are realizing the Gov't shouldn't be doing the wrong thing, even for some perceived 'right' reason. There are other ways to effect change without compromising our basic liberties. People are beginning to connect the dots and that can only be a good thing for us.

Sublyminal
01-01-2012, 01:24 PM
I've scoured the internet for 'dirt' on RP and the newsletters is really the only thing. Chris Wallace mentioned them in prefacing a question about RP's book and it fed right into what RP wanted to say. Same thing with Candy Crowley on CNN. She tried the 'effectiveness' attack and RP turned that around on her. People are realizing the Gov't shouldn't be doing the wrong thing, even for some perceived 'right' reason. There are other ways to effect change without compromising our basic liberties. People are beginning to connect the dots and that can only be a good thing for us.

Ron Paul is a mad genius. Straight up. I still think the man may be psychic.. All his predictions are coming true.

Marky
01-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Republicans would tend to side with Paul when he's attacked by liberal ABC but the Fox watcher Republicans are not going to be against Chris Wallace, they'll be with him against Ron Paul and they will think his attacks on Paul are well justified.

Even when he’s attacking him over believing HIV patients are victims of their own behavior? I don’t think your average Fox viewer is going to be offended by that stance…a purely logical one btw.

Darthbrooklyn
01-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Again, Ron Paul owned all 3 interviews.. They can attack all they want.. Hes on his A game going into Tuesday..

abstrusezincate
01-01-2012, 01:35 PM
The thing to remember here is people discount last minute attacks, and also, no one but people who already have a mind to things watch these programs.