PDA

View Full Version : Help Chipin to Drive Iowans to the Polls

Qdog
01-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Hello my friends. I am ashamed to come with my hat in hand. As many of you know, Gage and I are on the ground here in Iowa helping in every way that we can. I am in nursing school, and am supposed to be doing an intensive 4 week Pathophysiology class right now... so I crammed all the work into 2 weeks, and then drove up from Dallas to help Ron! Gage is a talented young photographer who is taking pictures at all the Ron Paul speeches. (he took the picture of Ron that is on the campaign website)

I have gotten to help in a lot of fun ways since coming up almost a week ago... from working at tables, to assembling over 1000 yard signs and handing them out, talking to reporters, and undecideds. Also, at one huge and crowded event, someone on the campaign learned that I am a former cop, and asked me to help with security to protect Ron from the aggressive media swarming, and badgering him as he was shaking hands and to then keep the exit clear so his bodyguards could him get him out safely from the event. I dont think I have ever been more proud than at that moment.

One of the coordinators called me last night and asked if I would be able to drive families to to the polls on the 3rd. I agreed enthusiastically!

This is where I am humbly asking for help from you guys if you can. The fuel expenses for this trip has been over DOUBLE what I anticipated. In a way that is very good, because we have been able to make a very large impact at a lot of events, and I have a big car so I will be able to drive many people to the polls on the 3rd. Its bad because I am exhausted from all the driving, (Gage cant drive) and I wasn't expecting to have to pay for this much gas.

I am really kicking myself because if I hadn't given to the last money bomb, I might not have had to ask for help right now. My total fuel expenses for just the Iowa driving, not including the trip up here will be about $300. I know we are all tapped out from all the money bombs, but if 20 people gave 5 or 10 bucks, that would help me out a lot.

I dont have a chipin account, so Gage, who is traveling with me, and is much better known in the forums, has graciously offered the use of his account.

Thank you so much,
Q. Williams

EDIT: we raised $786!!! thank you so much. That more than covers all the gas, plus hotel and everything. God Bless everyone that donated. I am taking down the chipin link, because you are all too generous! :)

Gage
01-01-2012, 10:22 AM
This guy is the real deal. He has spent the past three days helping me traverse Iowa. If you can contribute towards this effort, please do.

PursuePeace
01-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Of course. Money well spent.
Thank you so much for all of your efforts!

1/1/2012
Receipt ID 26d964e969c7f93a
Paid By: me
For: Iowa for Ron Paul 2012
Method: PayPal
Total: $30.00

ventron
01-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Sent $30 :D

Could you ask the people you pick up to bring their families as well, since they can register at the caucus? (I think that's how it works, right?)

Qdog
01-01-2012, 10:36 AM
+Rep to you folks! I am going to take as many people to the polls as I can fit, and as many trips as possible till the polls close... as long as they vote for Ron :)

sailingaway
01-01-2012, 10:39 AM
+Rep to you folks! I am going to take as many people to the polls as I can fit, and as many trips as possible till the polls close... as long as they vote for Ron :)

It isn't a matter of polls closing, the caucus starts at a certain time, so you will be setting up car pools, drop off and pick up or else you'll have to wait for them there.

unknown
01-01-2012, 10:39 AM
It ends January 10th?

Badger for Paul
01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
It's not much, but I just donated enough for 2 gallons. All I can do right now. Many people giving small amounts will get this taken care of quickly. Thanks for the good work.

ChipIn Event Title: Iowa for Ron Paul 2012
ChipIn Event Organizer: Gage Skidmore (gtskidmore@hotmail.com)
Transaction ID: e269d45c78df2472
Contribution Amount: $5.00
Contribution Date: January 1, 2012 4:37 PM UTC

unknown
01-01-2012, 10:42 AM
It's not much, but I just donated enough for 2 gallons. All I can do right now. Many people giving small amounts will get this taken care of quickly. Thanks for the good work.

ChipIn Event Title: Iowa for Ron Paul 2012
ChipIn Event Organizer: Gage Skidmore (gtskidmore@hotmail.com)
Transaction ID: e269d45c78df2472
Contribution Amount: $5.00
Contribution Date: January 1, 2012 4:37 PM UTC

Every penny counts, literally.

Bergie Bergeron
01-01-2012, 10:45 AM
10$
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4ST90222X5448313P.

Qdog
01-01-2012, 10:48 AM
It isn't a matter of polls closing, the caucus starts at a certain time, so you will be setting up car pools, drop off and pick up or else you'll have to wait for them there.

Yes, I guess I said it wrong... but the campaign already has families lined up, and they will tell me who to pick up/where. They are doing a great job up here. Thanks for helping out everyone. I am praying all the time all our hard work and sacrifice will pay off.

brandon
01-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I sent $10

Qdog
01-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I sent $10
+rep!!!

Bergie Bergeron
01-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Not that much left.

vechorik
01-01-2012, 12:04 PM
I won't say how much I donated, but you might need to raise your expectations. ;-)
Thanks for the hard work!

TexMac
01-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I did 20 bucks (1/1/2012
Receipt ID 83e2044d59091d1f )

But it looks like you're WAY over your goal now!

Veteran Citizen
01-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Is there any way to get someone that is not in Iowa to Iowa to help?

RonRules
01-01-2012, 12:55 PM
You just made a payment of $50.00 USD
xxx, you just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 2EU74642U5241623K.
We'll send a confirmation email to xxx@yahoo.com.

Let's make that chip-in blow up like fireworks!

sailingaway
01-01-2012, 12:57 PM
You just made a payment of $50.00 USD
xxx, you just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 2EU74642U5241623K.
We'll send a confirmation email to xxx@yahoo.com.

Let's make that chip-in blow up like fireworks!

the OP should revise it if they need more, excess can go to Gage's photography trips if there is excess. However, there are a bunch of other things like the RevPac Compassion ad to counter the attacks, and someone wants to attach adwords vetting Santorum to Santorum related web pages etc. If this need is fulfilled people might want to look at others.

Paulitics 2011
01-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm glad you met your goal. Don't be ashamed - you should be proud that you're helping out your countrymen by helping Ron Paul win!

RonRules
01-01-2012, 01:01 PM
the OP should revise it if they need more, excess can go to Gage's photography trips if there is excess. However, there are a bunch of other things like the RevPac Compassion ad to counter the attacks, and someone wants to attach adwords vetting Santorum to Santorum related web pages etc. If this need is fulfilled people might want to look at others.

I donated because the "Get Out The Vote" is so important here. Lots of young people don't have transportation and getting these kids to the Caucus on Tuesday is crucial.

Let's get that ChipIn to bust $1,000. I am totally confident it will be used wisely. Let's have enough to rent 10 vans to bring Ron Paul supporters to the Caucus.

brandon
01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
extremely successful chip in is extremely successful. Good timing I guess! BTW if you run into any delays getting the money post here and I could wire you the money if you send it to my paypal. I know sometimes paypal can delay withdrawals several days, but I'm sure Gage is familiar with the process.

sailingaway
01-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I donated because the "Get Out The Vote" is so important here. Lots of young people don't have transportation and getting these kids to the Caucus on Tuesday is crucial.

Let's get that ChipIn to bust $1,000. I am totally confident it will be used wisely. Let's have enough to rent 10 vans to bring Ron Paul supporters to the Caucus.

If that is the plan, I couldn't approve more.

vechorik
01-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post

If that is the plan, I couldn't approve more.

Okay -- let's burst the heck out of the chip-in and have Qdog faint when he sees it! LOL

kusok
01-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Will donate to this now.

Can we get some drivers to retirement homes? I was shocked to learn that many seniors here in my area are registered GOP, but simply don't go vote because there is no transportation. And seniors love 1v1 contact, if some young person comes and talks to them in morning with brochures, there is no doubt a few will be willing to take a drive.

Johnnybags
01-01-2012, 01:32 PM
GET A BUS NOW!

vechorik
01-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Will donate to this now.

Can we get some drivers to retirement homes? I was shocked to learn that many seniors here in my area are registered GOP, but simply don't go vote because there is no transportation. And seniors love 1v1 contact, if some young person comes and talks to them in morning with brochures, there is no doubt a few will be willing to take a drive.

Hopefully, the elders are identified by now. I call from home and found some RP supporters in assisted living, no car, no home, but they can VOTE! I'm sure the elderly voters are on the LISTS FOR A RIDE! LOL

Call from home is great -- I'm finding a lot of elderly in other states as well.

sailingaway
01-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Will donate to this now.

I hit that a lot in calls before Ames too 'we just don't drive too much any more, but we hope it goes well'

RonRules
01-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Someone, a single person, donated $300 bucks to the Chip In. We had 10 donors at $485 and 11 donors at 786!!

Thank you for Qdog!!

vechorik
01-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Well, since Qdog sacrificed so much, they need gas-money home too! Plus, Qdog is hauling around that great photographer -- love all those smiling Ron Paul photos!

Qdog
01-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Wow.... Thank you so much for all of your generosity. Please STOP donating though!!! I will give the extra to Gage to cover his airfare. You are all very wonderful people. I will make sure to +Rep all of you once my stock replenishes. Gage and I will do our best over the next three days, and I know Ron wont let us down!

unknown
01-01-2012, 05:45 PM
EDIT: we raised $786!!! thank you so much. That more than covers all the gas, plus hotel and everything. God Bless everyone that donated. I am taking down the chipin link, because you are all too generous! :)

Please consider donating anything extra back to the campaign. Best of luck and thanks for your service.

european
01-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Well, since Qdog sacrificed so much, they need gas-money home too! Plus, Qdog is hauling around that great photographer -- love all those smiling Ron Paul photos!

+rep :)