PDA

View Full Version : CNN Political Ticker: Ron Paul predicts top two finish in Iowa

jct74
01-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Ron Paul predicts top two finish in Iowa

Posted by CNN's Ashley Killough

(CNN) - Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, who's surged to the top tier in Iowa in recent weeks, said he doesn't expect to finish lower than second place in Tuesday's Iowa caucuses.

"I may come in first. I may come in second. I doubt if I'll come in third or fourth," Paul said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I would say the people are with me on this, and the momentum is going to continue regardless of what happens and what place I am Tuesday night."

According to a new Des Moines Register poll released Saturday night, the latest and final major poll before caucus day, Paul is battling for the top spot with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. Paul came in second with 22% to Romney's 24% support among likely GOP caucus goers, a margin within the sampling error.

Those results mirror a CNN/Time/ORC International poll out Wednesday, which also showed Paul statistically tied with Romney.

read more:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/01/ron-paul-predicts-top-two-finish-in-iowa/

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I trust President Paul's wisdom.

He hasn't failed us yet with his predictions.

SwooshOU
01-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Awesome. This is exciting!

anewvoice
01-01-2012, 08:57 AM
I trust President Paul's wisdom.

He hasn't failed us yet with his predictions.

+rep - That's awesome, he's always on predictions!

sailingaway
01-01-2012, 08:58 AM
That was on Friday from the Bloomberg interview, so the 'santorum surge' wasn't the topic of the day. We have more to do now, but Ron just did some good interviews which should help.

sailingaway
01-01-2012, 08:59 AM
+rep - That's awesome, he's always on predictions!

He wasn't sure. He said he thought top one or two but didn't really know, but he'd be surprised at 4th or 5th. So it was just a little more top heavy 'top three' than previously. I wouldn't push it because you want to beat expectations. We want a win, of course.

anewvoice
01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
He wasn't sure. He said he thought top one or two but didn't really know, but he'd be surprised at 4th or 5th. So it was just a little more top heavy 'top three' than previously. I wouldn't push it because you want to beat expectations. We want a win, of course.

Yeah, but this morning he said 1st or 2nd, would be surprised by 3rd or 4th. A bit more forceful, no absolutes of course. :)

jct74
01-01-2012, 09:03 AM
That was on Friday from the Bloomberg interview, so the 'santorum surge' wasn't the topic of the day. We have more to do now, but Ron just did some good interviews which should help.

quote was from today's CNN interview, it says in article

Badger Paul
01-01-2012, 09:04 AM
"Yeah, but this morning he said 1st or 2nd,"

That's probably what the campaign's internal polls are saying.

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-01-2012, 09:25 AM
I believe Ron Paul is aware that this will be a 1st place victory (if the vote count isn't fraudulent).

I also believe, that the prediction he gave was humbled on purpose. You can clearly read it, and understand that he's not tooting his horn, nor proclaiming a guaranteed victory. He's not going to be arrogant in public.

I have faith in his efforts.

pauladin
01-01-2012, 09:39 AM
I think that campaign probably has a treasure trove of names and numbers from phone from home and campaign events to GOTV with.

slamhead
01-01-2012, 09:45 AM
The sad fact is, if he comes in second and Santorum 3rd all the media will ignore his 2nd place and continue to pump Santorum until NH.

-:Undertaker:-
01-01-2012, 09:55 AM
The sad fact is, if he comes in second and Santorum 3rd all the media will ignore his 2nd place and continue to pump Santorum until NH.

But there's still a good chance of him coming in first, its all about who'll turn up and in what numbers.

anewvoice
01-01-2012, 10:29 AM
The campaign says at least 2nd in both Iowa and NH is what they need, that's what I'm expecting to see. 1st and 2nd, or 2nd and 1st, or 1st and 1st or 2nd and 2nd, all meet my requirements.

Any 3rd place and I'll be upset. Any 1st place and I'll be giddy as all hell.

unknown
01-01-2012, 10:33 AM

In which scenario doesnt this hold true? If we wins Iowa, they'll smear him on something else.

We're doing this without the presstitutes. Phone banking is how we win.

No Free Beer
01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I can one-up Ron here...

HE WILL WIN IOWA!

Agorism
01-01-2012, 10:38 AM
ugg

parocks
01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I think that campaign probably has a treasure trove of names and numbers from phone from home and campaign events to GOTV with.

I agree with this statement. we have id'd a lot of ron paul voters.

rich34
01-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Hopefully they have a list of 20000 democrats coming out to vote that no one knows about.

Raudsarw
01-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I had a dream last night that Paul came in fourth. It was truly a nightmare.

sailingaway
01-01-2012, 02:35 PM
The campaign says at least 2nd in both Iowa and NH is what they need, that's what I'm expecting to see. 1st and 2nd, or 2nd and 1st, or 1st and 1st or 2nd and 2nd, all meet my requirements.

Any 3rd place and I'll be upset. Any 1st place and I'll be giddy as all hell.

they said top 3 was what they needed, but third would depend on what kind of third.