PDA

View Full Version : Highly Targeted GOTV advertising on Facebook

Thomasjefferson69
01-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I saw the other thread regarding advertising on facebook. But it seemed rather broad. How about something like this:

Create a large number of ad campaigns, that focus on people with a single interest in individual campaigns. Then tailor the ad to that interest. For example, middle aged Grateful Dead fans: Picture of Jerry Garcia, titled: Help Ron Paul go FURTHER; text: Everyone from all parties can vote in the Iowa Caucuses. Click for more info.

Then have a click through to the iowa gop website.

The possiblities here are endless. You target based on one interest, and tailor the ad to hit it perfectly. This also allows you to use humor better because you can use a pun or joke that everyone in the targeted group will understand.

Another example: Iowans aged 18-40 who like "The most Interesting Man in the world" or "Dos Equis" -- Have the ad picture be as follows: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35m9kb/

Title it: The most interesting Politician ; have a similar text as the above ad.

Thoughts?

mmadness
01-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Hmm, great idea.

I think the taglines should be issue-based though.

"Want to lower your taxes? Click here."
"STOP the government from invading your privacy. Click here."
"Stop the bureaucrats on Wall Street from bringing down our economy and shipping jobs overseas. Click here."
etc.

General to specific, general to specific. Then it will link to a page talking about how the general tagline - applies to getting Ron Paul elected, and then into caucus instructions, etc.

anewvoice
01-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Ought the campaign not be doing this? :) Glad to see grassroots is plugging this gap!!

anewvoice
01-01-2012, 08:59 AM
One of the issues should be "Want Obama our of office" and then link to a page with Ron Paul's popularity with Independents and crossover, and polling results.

Thomasjefferson69
01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Hmm yeah. One JUST for Occupy supporters would work well, too.

Hmm, great idea.

"Stop the bureaucrats on Wall Street from bringing down our economy and shipping jobs overseas. Click here."
etc.

General to specific, general to specific. Then it will link to a page talking about how the general tagline - applies to getting Ron Paul elected, and then into caucus instructions, etc.

InTradePro
01-01-2012, 09:07 AM
For Occupy supporters, the word with most impact is corruption. Something with wording about End corruption, end bank baulouts.

parocks
01-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Do you really want people clicking through? Isn't there a way to give them all the info they need about

Iowa Caucus Tuesday 7pm. 17+. Bring driver's license and get there early if not registered.

I'm not sure if that's applicable to the same thread. Clever targeted ads will increase click through rate, I presume, which is ordinarily what you'd want someone to do, but really, you just want them to know the details of the caucus. If you want them to get caucus information, give them the information. If you want to do something else, that's cool. But if we're talking about now, for Iowa, and we're talking about young people, we need to tell them THEY CAN VOTE. SAME DAY REGISTRATION AT IOWA CAUCUS TUESDAY 7PM. YOU CAN VOTE. click for more info, click for caucus details whatever.

Hmm, great idea.

etc.