PDA

View Full Version : We Can Win It, Do The Math!

FreeTraveler
11-09-2007, 06:46 AM
I've had some numbers running around in my head about voter turnout vs. Dr. Paul's "apparent" low survey numbers,but THIS ARTICLE (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/muratore5.html) puts the figures to paper, although it adjusts only for voter turnout, not for survey slant due to cell-phone vs. land-line issues.

Don't get complacent, we need to do even better than this article indicates, but it's obvious that victory is within reach.

jmdrake
11-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Nice article. I personally suspect Ron Paul voter turnout to be higher than 50%. After all this is our only shot. Also the analysis assumes the the "no opinion" voters still vote "no opinion". I would expect they would either pick a candidate and vote for somebody or stay home. My bet would be more would stay home. Finally this only works for one primary. After the first primary some candidates will clearly drop out. And I would expect Giuliani supporters to become less complacent if their man lost to Ron Paul in Iowa and/or New Hampshire. But at least Paul would be getting mega media attention by that time.

BillyDkid
11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
I never thought we couldn't win the general election. The big stumbling block is the GOP primaries. The GOP as an organization as it stands now hates everything Ron Paul stands for and they would rather lose than support Ron Paul.