PDA

View Full Version : RP excluded from AP/Ipsos poll

WillInMiami
11-09-2007, 06:14 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/republican_primaries.html

And here's an article in today's USA Today:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/11/iowa-gop-inunda.html

Electrostatic
11-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Here is the source for that poll... He wasn't even a choice and it was on/after the 5th!!!!!!!

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/client/act_dsp_pdf.cfm?name=mr071108-2topline1.pdf&id=3711

There is NO excuse for that.

WillInMiami
11-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Here is the source for that poll... He wasn't even a choice and it was on/after the 5th!!!!!!!

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/client/act_dsp_pdf.cfm?name=mr071108-2topline1.pdf&id=3711

Sure there is an excuse: The AP disn't want to anyone to see the bump is support for Ron Paul leading up to the Iowa debate. It could have a positive affect on his polling in Iowa (and other states)...

Electrostatic
11-09-2007, 06:23 AM
I didn't say ther wasn't a reason, I said there wasn't an excuse.. that's beyond assinine.

freelance
11-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Note that Sam Brownbeck and New Gingrich are included in the poll!

And, on the Democratic side, both Biden and Dodd were included. They're polling lower than Ron Paul and they raised less money in Q3.

This is outrageous.

Electrostatic
11-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Offices -
Contact Ipsos at 1.888.210.7425 or email: info@ipsos-na.com

jesshwarren
11-09-2007, 06:30 AM
USA today sux I will not buy any of there papers. :(

fedup100
11-09-2007, 06:31 AM
we need to pick a Tancreado in all of these and flood it

SwooshOU
11-09-2007, 06:36 AM
we need to pick a Tancreado in all of these and flood it

Heh heh. That's not a bad idea...

Of course, then he'll be polling at 3.7%.

gagnonstudio
11-09-2007, 06:37 AM
I emailed them... we better email them a lot, let them know we are quite unhappy.

freelance
11-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Is there not something inherently wrong with the fact that Ron Paul must average 5% in national polls when he's not even included in them?

I'm SURE that this will not be lost on the IA and national campaign folks.

walt
11-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Sure there is an excuse: The AP disn't want to anyone to see the bump is support for Ron Paul leading up to the Iowa debate. It could have a positive affect on his polling in Iowa (and other states)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press understand thy enemy.

Mark
11-09-2007, 06:46 AM

AP didn't even mention Dr Paul in a front page Yahoo article
about the last debate.. they mentioned Brownback dropping out..

but no Ron Paul..

Who's running that news service? Or.. service.. cause it sure ain't 'NEWS'..

Search Term "Paul" NOT FOUND

http://godmark.com/images/nfc.jpg

Thurston Howell III
11-09-2007, 06:55 AM
To the lady who said we should knock on doors rather then call the gop, I ask what good will that do if his name is not on the poll? I could take this question to any elementary school in Iowa and find a sixth grader who could tell you the problem with this.

Why can't we get any national exposure as to how the polls are operated? I mean, to leave his name off the list and then say he isn't polling high enough, such deception should be exposed for what it is. When a poll result is announced it should be stated that Paul's name was not among the choices

Mortikhi
11-09-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm telling you...this kind of stuff will keep happening until the addresses of these people are made public.

Once that happens, they will KNOW that they are accountable for their actions.

Henry
11-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Emailed them!!!!!

margomaps
11-09-2007, 07:01 AM

One possible excuse is that this survey was likely designed before the 5th. Pollsters don't just wake up one day and say, "I think I'll do a survey today!" It takes planning, and believe it or not, there's someting of a science -- albeit a very imperfect one -- to designing surveys; figuring out the desired sample, coming up with a selection methodology, designing the questions, and so on.

My guess is that IPSOS lumped Dr. Paul in with Hunter and Tancredo and left them all out for the same reason. Not sure what that reason is though, since as others pointed out, Brownback and Gingrich were included.

WillInMiami
11-09-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm telling you...this kind of stuff will keep happening until the addresses of these people are made public.

Unfortunately, they know that they are accountable. However, they are accountable not to the voters/citizens but to the people that own the media outlets - the same companies that control all of the politicians (except for a few like Ron Paul)...

Chester Copperpot
11-09-2007, 07:02 AM

I like that idea.. how do we know who made the poll?

Mortikhi
11-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Unfortunately, they know that they are accountable. However, they are accountable not to the voters/citizens but to the people that own the media outlets - the same companies that control all of the politicians (except for a few like Ron Paul)...
You're talking job.
I'm talking well-being.

I have yet to see a swarm of people go to some journalists house to show their displeasure.

transistor
11-09-2007, 07:06 AM
This makes me physically ill

Electrostatic
11-09-2007, 07:07 AM
One possible excuse is that this survey was likely designed before the 5th. Pollsters don't just wake up one day and say, "I think I'll do a survey today!" It takes planning, and believe it or not, there's someting of a science -- albeit a very imperfect one -- to designing surveys; figuring out the desired sample, coming up with a selection methodology, designing the questions, and so on.

My guess is that IPSOS lumped Dr. Paul in with Hunter and Tancredo and left them all out for the same reason. Not sure what that reason is though, since as others pointed out, Brownback and Gingrich were included.

Then they should have canned it and run another... They would have had to have realized the magnitude of the "Mistake" before they published it.

WillInMiami
11-09-2007, 07:09 AM
You're talking job.
I'm talking well-being.

I have yet to see a swarm of people go to some journalists house to show their displeasure.

Hmmm.. that's a different story all together. I can see the news now: "Angry mob of Ron Paul zealots showing what he REALLY stands for - ANARCHY, HATE and anti-semitism! Some supporters reportedly seen with nooses and fully automatic weapons. Others seen attacking gay couple while one group burned down several schools. Reports from elderly that social security checks were taken by force. More as the news comes in..."

Electrostatic
11-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Hmmm.. that's a different story all together. I can see the news now: "Angry mob of Ron Paul zealots showing what he REALLY stands for - ANARCHY, HATE and anti-semitism! Some supporters reportedly seen with nooses and fully automatic weapons. Others seen attacking gay couple while one group burned down several schools. Reports from elderly that social security checks were taken by force. More as the news comes in..."

Yes, that would be BAD. :eek:

WillInMiami
11-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Yes, that would be BAD. :eek:

LOL - You know that's the kind of story they WANT to tell...

Mortikhi
11-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Yeh, let's blow this out of proportion cuz its kool!

I'm talking about making their lives a bit uncomfortable, kinda like celebrities are made uncomfortable by popparozzi.

Every time they leave their house, remind them that their "reporting" isn't acceptable.

evadmurd
11-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Offices -
Contact Ipsos at 1.888.210.7425 or email: info@ipsos-na.com

This phone number needs to be flooded. No one else should be able to get through about anything!

WillInMiami
11-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Yeh, let's blow this out of proportion cuz its kool!

I'm talking about making their lives a bit uncomfortable, kinda like celebrities are made uncomfortable by popparozzi.

Every time they leave their house, remind them that their "reporting" isn't acceptable.

Oh relax! I'm having fun with it. I started the thread - I can make a damn joke...

Sematary
11-09-2007, 07:24 AM
What needs to be happening, rather than bitching about how the polls are conducted, etc... etc... blah blah blah blah blah is that the Iowa grassroots needs to be canvassing, hitting the streets, bringing up his name recognition. The polls are useless and we already know the establishment is going to do everything they can to keep RP down but we're not going to let them.

me3
11-09-2007, 07:35 AM
To the lady who said we should knock on doors rather then call the gop, I ask what good will that do if his name is not on the poll?
If you knock on enough doors, he might get elected.

If you call the GOP repeatedly, you will probably anger the party we need to get elected.

Bradley in DC
11-09-2007, 07:37 AM

They don't need to make excuses to you or anyone else. It's their poll, and we still have some vestiges of it being a free country. If a poll does not include Dr. Paul or anyone else, it is not claiming to represent the support for that candidate. That's it. Grow up already. :(

margomaps
11-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Then they should have canned it and run another... They would have had to have realized the magnitude of the "Mistake" before they published it.

IPSOS may have spent the entire week before Nov 5th designing and preparing for this poll. They very well could have had a contractual agreement with a calling center to handle the phone calls. Life isn't so simple sometimes. :)

Adamsa
11-09-2007, 07:43 AM
How the hell does Sam Brownback make it onto the list when he's dropped out and a candidate who has raised 4.2 million in a day with a growing media presence not?

Electrostatic
11-09-2007, 07:46 AM
They don't need to make excuses to you or anyone else. It's their poll, and we still have some vestiges of it being a free country. If a poll does not include Dr. Paul or anyone else, it is not claiming to represent the support for that candidate. That's it. Grow up already. :(

This was the AP/Ipsos poll... Last time I checked the Associated Press was a monopoly. I didn't say that the government should intervene, but it sure as hell is our business.

I mean, seriously, you think we should just bat our eyes at the AP after this??? Come on man. This isn't a random newspaper or radio station.

steph3n
11-09-2007, 07:49 AM

Bradley,

If thy chose to exclude, since it is a their poll, they include their number, can we not call and question their accuracy if they don't put him there? Seems to be a market response to a problem.

I am not saying people should call irate and curse them, but a questioning of why could be in order?

freelance
11-09-2007, 07:51 AM

I respectfully disagree. IF FOX uses polls that do not include Ron Paul in their "average," how can Ron Paul possibly meet the threshold? Banging on doors isn't gonna do anything to get him into the debates. I realize that the caucuses are important, but so is exposure in a national debate. WHAT will people think if he's not there? That he's not a viable candidate? That he's dropped out?

And what if all of the polls exclude Ron Paul between now and the debate? How do we counter that?

Polls influence people's choices as much as they reflect people's choices, but that's another whole can of worms.

hillertexas
11-09-2007, 07:54 AM
What if we vote for Duncan Hunter this time?

Ncturnal
11-09-2007, 08:01 AM
The article said the campaign has not objected. How could that be true? Is there any way to get an official statement from the campaign?

kylejack
11-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Bradley,
Us bombarding them with e-mails is our way of exercising our free speech rights. A free speech market correction, if you will. ;)