PDA

View Full Version : Check out this article...

WillInMiami
11-09-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm not familiiar with the writer but it struck me that she did a pretty good job of articulating and summing up much of what we have all thought and talked about here.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Betty/Freauf109.htm

I sincerely hope that, after this election is over, win-loose-or draw, that we, the people that have come tohether and forged this strong bond to support the ideas and positions of Dr. Paul, will continue our push for returning America and the control of America back to the hands of the people guided, of course, by the Constitution.

Although I have, over the years contemplated running for public office, I always laugh at myself and end up thinking that there was no way I could ever get elected. Dr. Paul and all of you have made me start thinking more seriously about it. As I am a resident of Miami, I am considering a run against Senator Mel Martinez. Even though I doubt I would have any chance of beating him, I would love the opportunity to try to show people what kind of a dirt-bag he really is. I hope that, if I decide to go on this adventure I could get a fraction of the support that Dr. Paul has earned. I'm not a lawyer. I don't come from a priviledged background. I didn't go to an ivy-league school. By current standards, I've not gotten a single punch in my ticket that the "establishment" demands. None-the-less, I think we have begun to show the "establishment" and the voters that their idea of who is allowed to be elected is all wrong and we're going to change it.

Sorry for the ramble. It's early in the morning and all of the BS normally encountered during the day (news, blogs, politicians, etc) has not yet had the ooportunity to deprive me of my hope and optimism for America and my own ability to effect positive change.