PDA

View Full Version : !!IMPORTANT!! The Other Half Of The Election!!

JordanL
11-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Alright, so we are well on our way to getting Ron Paul elected. But we seem to be forgetting that this is only HALF of the equation. Ron Paul is a firm believer in the Constitution, as am I, and Constitutionally speaking, Congress will need to be involved in this little reforrendum on the country we are speaking of.

That is why we need to support pro Constitution candidates that will work with Ron Paul in Congress in 2008 as well. I have a domain, thepoliticker.net, which I will be making a website for to help track these candidates for all of us. Obviously Paul is the most important piece here, but let's not forget, we'll need to put different people in Washington as a whole in order to do it.

Any ideas or comments for the site/movement?

The website is up in it's skeleton form!

http://thepoliticker.net

freelance
11-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Jordan, you might want to take a look at this site:

http://www.actblue.com/page/netrootscandidates

These guys were instrumental in getting some of their candidates elected in '06.

P.S. I think what you want to do is a terrific idea, and I think that we just have a "throw all the bums out" mentality, so the timing is perfect.

Isupportliberty
11-09-2007, 05:32 AM
This is a good point. We need to focus on helping Dr. Paul get the nomination but at the same time this is very important as well.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Jordan, you might want to take a look at this site:

http://www.actblue.com/page/netrootscandidates

These guys were instrumental in getting some of their candidates elected in '06.

P.S. I think what you want to do is a terrific idea, and I think that we just have a "throw all the bums out" mentality, so the timing is perfect.

Pretty nifty site, except most of those guys probably wouldn't be a help since they seem kinda big govt. types... though it is a Democrat webroots site.

I'm working on the code right now. Should be up within a day or so.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
The website is up in it's skeleton form!

http://thepoliticker.net

jaumen
11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
excellent idea.

Craig_R
11-09-2007, 10:12 AM
added to my favorites :)

lasenorita
11-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes, we should get the many blood-sucking creatures out of office.

I think we'll be able to devote more of our time to changing Congress for the better after Ron Paul secures the Republican nomination. However, it's always a great idea to get a head start.

Polytick - def. "poly" meaning many and "tick" being blood-sucking creatures. :D

JordanL
11-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Yes, we should get the many blood-sucking creatures out of office.

I think we'll be able to devote more of our time to changing Congress for the better after Ron Paul secures the Republican nomination. However, it's always a great idea to get a head start.

Polytick - def. "poly" meaning many and "tick" being blood-sucking creatures. :D

Yeah, I figure that I'll be perfecting the site for a little while before Paul gets the nomination, so that it's ready to go full scale once he does.

Craig_R
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
even if the unthinkable happens and we somehow (gulp) dont win.

man that was hard to say. Its a great idea to get freedom candidates in congress regardless. I think we RP supporters could become a new coalition a "freedom movement" even.

I for one plan to stick with this for the rest of my life, fighting for liberty is a never ending job. who will join in the fight?

Craig_R
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Lets ignore party labels while we're at it. I've seen plenty of third party guys that would be head and shoulders above my congressman, senator, ect.. that get totally ignored.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Lets ignore party labels while we're at it. I've seen plenty of third party guys that would be head and shoulders above my congressman, senator, ect.. that get totally ignored.

Yeah, we'll be looking at ALL candidates, not just the two parties. But keep in mind, the effort required to elect those third party candidates will be much higher than the effort of electing a constitutionalist leaning Rep or Dem.