PDA

View Full Version : DMR Poll is AWESOME News.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 07:26 PM
We are in the position we wanted to be in. We are exceeding every expectation any of us had about where we would be at this point.

Dr. Paul is basically tied with Romney for 1st place on the weekend prior to the Caucus. He has held his own against an unprecedented onslaught of criticism from all five of his opponents, PLUS the cable news outlets and the networks.

The "Santorum Surge" is no big deal for SEVERAL reasons:

1. He will draw fire away from Dr. Paul in the last 72 hours. All of the also-rans (Gingrich, Perry and Bachmann) will focus their attacks on Santorum down the stretch to try to get the 3rd ticket out of Iowa.

2. Santorum has very little in the way of a ground game.

3. Santorum has no money and nowhere to go after Iowa.

SO, our goals are still the same -- donate, phone from home, turn out our people on Caucus night.

NO MATTER WHAT the exact count on Caucus night, We are 1 of 2 campaigns with the ability to go the distance.

THIS BATTLE WILL GO ON FOR SOME TIME -- PLEASE STOP FLIPPING OUT OVER EVERY LITTLE THING AND FOCUS ON WHAT WE'RE DOING.

Jtorsella
12-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Listen. It's great to be optimistic but there is no way this poll is good news.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 07:28 PM
I've been running political campaigns for 25 years. This poll is very good news.

pauliticalfan
12-31-2011, 07:29 PM
WE need to be going after Santorum. The CAMPAIGN needs to be going after Santorum. The other candidates don't have the money or resources. If we finish behind him we're screwed. This is red alert time.

kah13176
12-31-2011, 07:29 PM
So what about the final 2 days, which show Paul almost 6 points behind first? I'm being realistic, not trying to be negative.

Sola_Fide
12-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Agree. If we go to war in 3 days, we can win this.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 07:30 PM
The other candidates will be making 60 or so appearances over the next 72 hours. They will also be giving their people instructions... We just need to keep doing what we're doing. This is NOT red-alert time. This is keep doing what we're doing time.

Jtorsella
12-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Agree. If we go to war in 3 days, we can win this.
We need a neg ad out tomorrow as bad as serial hypocrisy.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-31-2011, 07:31 PM
The ground game thing is what's going to be the media's narrative on January 4th.

"How could surging Santorum have done so poorly? Oh right, he was broke."

RileyE104
12-31-2011, 07:33 PM
To be fair, Santorum has almost $250,000... Took him 4 days to raise it, but that's still decent for HIM because it will allow him to barely make it out of Iowa and into either New Hampshire or South Carolina.

My bet is he will go right to South Carolina where he actually has a chance to get votes.

ANYWAYS, I see Santorum getting 3rd with no more than 20% of the vote.
If he gets higher, I will be shocked and pretty pissed off.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 07:33 PM
There won't be a negative ad. Get a grip on reality. Luckily the campaign is too smart to overreact.

Chester Copperpot
12-31-2011, 07:34 PM
WE need to be going after Santorum. The CAMPAIGN needs to be going after Santorum. The other candidates don't have the money or resources. If we finish behind him we're screwed. This is red alert time.

Hey if we finish behind santorum, then so does the rest of the pack, and that means that nobody can say shit about us without saying shit about gingrich and perry too

RonPaulFanInGA
12-31-2011, 07:35 PM
To be fair, Santorum has almost $250,000... Took him 4 days to raise it, but that's still decent for HIM because it will allow him to barely make it out of Iowa and into either New Hampshire or South Carolina.

That's the amount Bill Johnson donated to his campaign to show its viability. :rolleyes:

You need millions. Not a quarter of a million that's raised too late to spend in Iowa.

LibertyEagle
12-31-2011, 07:35 PM
The other candidates will be making 60 or so appearances over the next 72 hours. They will also be giving their people instructions... We just need to keep doing what we're doing. This is NOT red-alert time. This is keep doing what we're doing time.

I agree.

Panicking isn't going to do one dang thing positive. We can still win this if we pour on the steam. It's all going to come down to GOTV.

Keep calling...

Stay focused, folks!!!

asurfaholic
12-31-2011, 07:37 PM
What is this GOTV thing everyone keeps talking about???

LibertyEagle

Get out the vote.

ItsTime
So what about the final 2 days, which show Paul almost 6 points behind first? I'm being realistic, not trying to be negative.

The margin of error was 6% so it was a three way tie.

Aratus
12-31-2011, 07:39 PM
thah kyngefysh was once a political demi~urge!
hueylong's quarter century of big easy savvy is
sitting okay with moi. he is talking horse sense.
we must keep morale up & then we are in tampa.

merrimac
12-31-2011, 07:39 PM
If Ron squeaks out a win THEN I will think this poll was good news. Till then I'm cautiously hoping.

JulioForPaul
12-31-2011, 07:40 PM
As long as Romney doesn't gain on us we don't have to worry about Santorum. We need as many people as possible to stay in the race. If this is what keeps Santorum in then so be it.

I can remember in 07-08 we were ecstatic when RP polled over 10% or came in the top 3. Seeing him within reach of first place in the first state in awesome in comparison. We also thought the polls would not reflect RP's true numbers but were proven wrong. RP has come a long way.

kill the banks
12-31-2011, 07:42 PM
frankly I view mitt's poll with a discount ... I just do not see a guy who did not campaign there until last minute having hard support ... frankly I see it as soft ... let's see if they come to vote ... no way IMO ... push on

LeJimster
12-31-2011, 07:44 PM

He's an annoying pest sure, but no I don't agree the campaign has to go after him. They need to continue doing what they've been doing and we need to continue to Phone from home, donate and canvass for Ron. The most important thing Iowa supporters can do is to get as many Democrats who are disenchanted with Obama to come out and vote for Ron Paul. Even those who like Obama can be convinced to vote for Ron Paul as he is in favor of ending all the wars.

If the independents and democrats turn out in BIG numbers for Ron. We can walk away with the win. If they sit at home because they refuse to vote for a GOP candidate, it's over.

Guitarzan
12-31-2011, 07:44 PM

"You must spread some Negative Reputation around before giving it to Jtorsella again."

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't disagree -- the best thing to come out here is an anticomplacency headwhack. Let Paulers on the ground in IA know for 10000% certainty we gotta fight!

Jtorsella
12-31-2011, 07:46 PM
"You must spread some Negative Reputation around before giving it to Jtorsella again."
You neg repped me because I said what I thought the campaign should do, and because I think this poll is bad news?

Created4
12-31-2011, 07:47 PM
That's the amount Bill Johnson donated to his campaign to show its viability. :rolleyes:

You need millions. Not a quarter of a million that's raised too late to spend in Iowa.

Bill Johnson? Which Bill Johnson was that??

lx43
12-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Channel the anger you feel about the poll results into making calls, donating, or spreading the message of liberty that Dr. Paul has been preaching for 30 years. What if with your efforts the next few days we can get Dr. Paul a home-run in IA?????? Or What if you become despondent and quit and Dr. Paul comes in 4th place???? I'd rather bust my butt the next few days to say I did something that mattered. That I made a difference. When your an old person looking back on your life, don't you want to say that I helped to save America like the brave people that rebelled against Britain? At least we won't be hanged for committing treason, atleast not yet.

BucksforPaul
12-31-2011, 07:50 PM
+rep for the OP

If anyone has been closely listening to Dr. Paul in the last few days then they should know that he has awakened the people who do not belong to either party and thus are never polled. Dr. Paul has never lied to me so I would stick to believing him rather than the negative nancies. Apathetic people are coming out of the woodwork to support him and if we focus on GOTV we will win this by a comfortable margin. Everyone please take a chill pill and continue to do what we have been doing and stop the negativity. The sky is not falling and the Mayan calendar still has some time left so relax.

pauladin
12-31-2011, 07:50 PM
It might be better that we're slightly behind in the polls rather than slightly ahead because it will encourage people to fight really hard and gotv rather than be complacent.

Guitarzan
12-31-2011, 07:51 PM
You neg repped me because I said what I thought the campaign should do, and because I think this poll is bad news?

No. I neg repped you (finally) after much consideration of all your posts over the last month.

This consideration, and your most recent couple posts, have led me to believe that you're a troll.

Now back to the thread, my apologies for derailing.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Just please keep in mind how astounding it is that Dr. Paul is STILL basically tied for 1st place AFTER being TORCHED for 2 weeks by cable news, the MSM and his five opponents.

Also, please remember that the "last 2 days of results" are not necessarily meaningful:

1. It's half the sample, so nearly double margin of error.

2. It is only meaningful if they polled the state in a perfectly homogeneous fashion -- otherwise, we could just be looking at geographic variation. (that's why nobody releases 'half a poll')

3. It doesn't make any difference -- we STILL need to do all the things we need to do, to win.

misterx
12-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Santorum has no money and organization until he places top 3 in iowa, then the establishment will coalesce around him and the big corporate money will start rolling in. there is no silver lining to this one., a santorum surge is what I have been afraid of this whole time.

asurfaholic
12-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Just please keep in mind how astounding it is that Dr. Paul is STILL basically tied for 1st place AFTER being TORCHED for 2 weeks by cable news, the MSM and his five opponents.

This, it is incredible how hard the media has been trashing Dr Paul, and yet he still remains a major force in Iowa.

Badger Paul
12-31-2011, 07:57 PM
"Santorum has very little in the way of a ground game."

Which is critical because it's one thing to be the flavor of the month it's another to get people out to caucus for you. As we found out in 2008, ethusiasm is nice but it's not a substitute for organization. Remember the whole crashed data disks fiasco four years ago? Activists sitting around until 4:30 p.m. waiting for their get-of-the-vote info? Too late as turns out to do any good. Even still we got more than we polled although we finished fifth. Better organization could have put us into third place and then it's a different ballgame. Hopefully better organization pulls us even higher this time around.

John of Des Moines
12-31-2011, 07:57 PM
What's better news is the poll only surveyed active Republicans and no party registered voters.

Interviewers contacted individuals randomly selected from the Iowa voter registration list by telephone, stratifying contact by age and sex. The full sample of 2,527 respondents was adjusted for age and sex based on distribution among active Republican and no party registered voters.

I know some unactive Republicans getting active again and Cross-over Democrats.

RickyJ
12-31-2011, 07:58 PM
I've been running political campaigns for 25 years. This poll is very good news.

Really?

OK that sounds good then. But it looks like without the democrats turning out we are in trouble.

Boss
12-31-2011, 08:03 PM
IMO

this poll is good insofar as it should motivate RP voters. better to be motivated and fighting for the lead than complacent with a lead (honestly, some RP supporters got a little complacent with all the polls coming out showing RP in 1st)

michaelwise
12-31-2011, 08:11 PM
A+ assessment of the situation.

XNavyNuke
12-31-2011, 08:11 PM

I couldn't agree more. A Santorum surge has the potential to help the Paul campaign against Romney. If you look at the political geography of the state, there is very little overlap between the strongly evangelical counties (as illustrated by Robertson in '88 and Huckabee in '08) and Paul's strongest counties in '08. The exception being Jefferson county in the SE corner of the state. According to erowe1, the mere presence of the Maharishi School of Enlightenment means that Jefferson county will remain a lock for Paul.

XNN

lx43
12-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Santorum has no money and organization until he places top 3 in iowa, then the establishment will coalesce around him and the big corporate money will start rolling in. there is no silver lining to this one., a santorum surge is what I have been afraid of this whole time.

Actually that might be good for us to have Santorum and Romney as our only two competitors, if the old saying goes, there are only 3 roads out of IA. You have two big govt liberal Republicans stealing each others votes, while we can get the Libertarian and Conservative vote.

vechorik
12-31-2011, 08:16 PM

SO, our goals are still the same -- donate, phone from home, turn out our people on Caucus night.

NO MATTER WHAT the exact count on Caucus night, We are 1 of 2 campaigns with the ability to go the distance.

THIS BATTLE WILL GO ON FOR SOME TIME -- PLEASE STOP FLIPPING OUT OVER EVERY LITTLE THING AND FOCUS ON WHAT WE'RE DOING.

I believe you. I'm calling from home for NH and NV to lay the ground work. Nothing will slow me down --

Badger Paul
12-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Eastern Iowa will be the key the whole state. I believe we will win southern Iowa and west will be split among several candidates.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Focus in the last 72 hours is SO incredibly important. Big props to everyone who is working so hard to make it happen in Iowa and all across the nation!

brandon
12-31-2011, 08:27 PM
+rep for the often maligned hueylong

Corey
12-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Have to admit, these polls are a perfect setup for a SHOCK win. This is exactly what we would want coming out of Iowa, and it could very well happen. At this point demoralization is the enemy. We've been at this for years now. This is our Valley Forge.

Andrew Ryan
12-31-2011, 08:33 PM
GAHHH this is so stressful!

TheDriver
12-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Genrally, the media goes quiet and tame a few days before the election. I don't expect them to get the knives out after Ricky, in other words.

Created4
12-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Genrally, the media goes quiet and tame a few days before the election. I don't expect them to get the knives out after Ricky, in other words.

I believe he is on Meet the Press tomorrow morning, so don't count on it.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 08:39 PM
The media won't get their knives out... Gingrich, Perry and Bachmann will have THEIR knives out.

The Gold Standard
12-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Money is of no concern to Santorum. After he wins Iowa the bankers will fill his pockets with money to continue and his SuperPAC will get tens of millions of freshly printed dollars to smear Ron in TV ads. Don't waste your time looking at how much money he has raised. They can create money from nothing.

Aratus
12-31-2011, 08:48 PM
duckies... this is where it gets interesting.
we know polls easily have a 3% or 4% margin
of error. i can live with the idea that this is
this weeks results and the next 72 hours will
be a whirlwind of activity. we have to galvanize
our people to draw all & any fence sitters to our
side. there is time to win this. it is pure binary as
2nd place feels like its going to be a half percent
away from first place. the delegates are acquired
by a "pie slice" system but a win is psychological.

InTradePro
12-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Focus in the last 72 hours is SO incredibly important. Big props to everyone who is working so hard to make it happen in Iowa and all across the nation!

Yep! Work hard, make it happen!

mconder
12-31-2011, 08:55 PM
There are far more clips of Romney being a two faced liar than the Grinch. The campaign is stupid not to go all out Neg on Romney right now.

Carole
12-31-2011, 08:58 PM
@HueyLong:

I like your post. Makes a lot of sense. It is true that Perry, Bachmann, must attack Santorum, but is there time and only Perry has the money? In Iowa I mean.

I know Sanitarium will be gone after Iowa basically and I know the media and GOP know that, too. Non-existent in NH and he has "hopes" for SC, but really....They picked him now for a reason and that reason is that they know he will go nowhere.

However, I still agree fairly strongly with your post as it is rational and just makes sense. The DMR poll has been very accurate in the past, but this year is a totally different ball game and I am hoping they have underestimated certain aspects of it. :)

Carole
12-31-2011, 09:01 PM

Yes, it rather seems as though they went out of their way to strike some fear into the Paul crowd with their additional two-day polling results. :)

Carole
12-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Really?

OK that sounds good then. But it looks like without the democrats turning out we are in trouble.

I think that was always the case. :)

Carole
12-31-2011, 09:08 PM

Perry has the money. He will have to do it in order to pull up to third if he can.

LibertyIn08
12-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Huey knows his stuff - this is no reason to be frustrated.

pen_thief
12-31-2011, 09:10 PM
I concur with your assessment, OP. All this poll has done has distracted people and got them arguing. One of my friends from the UK is threatening to stop following American politics because it has demoralized him so bad (he loves RP but thinks it's all fixed). I will be going to bed tonight, sending out positive intentions to this campaign and all the boots on the ground who will be going from door to door and working their tails off. I am staying positive. Having worked at a market research company myself, I know how people are on the phone. They want you to pick for them, they can't make up their mind, they pick the one with the best hair. I don't think a random sampling is going to accurately predict the turnout this time.

Aratus
12-31-2011, 09:15 PM
tuesday is going to be total chaos inside a media feeding frenzy inside an exotic five ring circus

NYgs23
12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
I just want to go to sleep and wake up on Thursday or, better yet, February 2013.

Qdog
12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
duckies... this is where it gets interesting.
we know polls easily have a 3% or 4% margin
of error. i can live with the idea that this is
this weeks results and the next 72 hours will
be a whirlwind of activity. we have to galvanize
our people to draw all & any fence sitters to our
side. there is time to win this. it is pure binary as
2nd place feels like its going to be a half percent
away from first place. the delegates are acquired
by a "pie slice" system but a win is psychological.

You are correct, but that psychological factor that you speak of cannot be underestimated. I think we need a win to get psychological and media momentum going into NH... that 1% that will separate 1st and 2nd is a HUGE factor in what spin the media will be able to throw on us.... even though it makes prettty much no difference as far as delegates go.

One more thing. I think we will either win or lose by 1%, or blow this thing totally out of the water. Its very difficult to predict just how good turnout will be, and how many dems will come over.

eleganz
12-31-2011, 09:20 PM

People need to understand what he just said here.

GOOD OP.

Peace&Freedom
12-31-2011, 09:20 PM
The release of this half poll indicates DMR did not have integrity to wait to release results based on a full sample, and is putting its thumb on the scale. We can still win this thing (margin of error, independent turnout etc), but the pundits will exploit the results for the next 72 hours to give them the excuse to push Romney non-stop, using it as their figleaf of legitimacy. On CNN and FOX today, it was non-stop Mitt pushing even before the poll was released, with the narrative being "once Mitt wins both IA and NH, he's almost a shoe-in to win SC," the-race-is-over drumbeat. We have no leverage to reverse their cover for saying this, unless Paul wins IA. The situation is grave, let us deal with it honestly, and strive to get Paul to win.

pauladin
12-31-2011, 09:21 PM
why doesn't the campaign release some internal polls to assuage our disenchantment?

cdc482
12-31-2011, 09:21 PM
We lost Ames by .9%.
No one said a word, and people still don't bring it up even when they talk about Ames.

Donate to the campaign right now!

Carole
12-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Actually, he says he has a thousand captains in place for the caucuses. :) Not sure if he has soldiers. :) Maybe just captains.

Seriously though, he has lived there for a year and says he has ground game. He must know a lot of people then in Iowa. :)

jacmicwag
12-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Agree with several posters that Frothy surge is very unpalitable but not necessary a problem for us. May well be a bigger issue for Mitt if Frothy finishes strong. If Rick S. is destined to beat us, it would also be good for him to take out Mitt. Then we're back to 2008 with a Huck scenario. Who plays McCain at this point? Might it be Paul or Huntsman if Mitt is derailed in Iowa. Or does the Grinch make a comeback in the south?

Plus points - the media finally gets off our ass focusing on Frothy/Mitt battle. We know Frothy will get it where he doesn't like it in NH (excuse the pun). This leaves an opening for someone if Mitt can be derailed a second time in NH or barely survives with a dimishing win. It may take a Hail Mary but at least we're in the game (for the moment).

hueylong
12-31-2011, 09:27 PM
P&F -- they DID release the whole poll. The analysis in the DMR was from the paper, not the pollster, who would have likely cautioned against the risks of analyzing half the poll for trends -- that half poll has a MOE of 5.6+/-... Meaning, Santorum could be anywhere from 26 to 16, Dr. Paul anywhere from 23 to 13 -- so, not all that meaningful.

Aratus
12-31-2011, 09:32 PM
i had made a stupid & basic Three Stooges reference in another thread.
you can't simply look at MOE, you must also look at LARRY and CURLY.
now i feel my other posting is coming back to haunt me. Larry + Curly
may have opted for mister rick santorum on the poll's last two days.

Carole
12-31-2011, 09:32 PM
I just want to go to sleep and wake up on Thursday or, better yet, February 2013.

Do you wish us to tuck you in and read you a nice fairy tale, too. :D

Carole
12-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Probably not a good idea. :)

merrimac
12-31-2011, 09:37 PM
This is not awesome news. It's just not. RP really needs a win just to show that he can win.

UK4Paul
12-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Who would have thought, 4 years ago, that Paul would be in a statistical tie with Romney, and that if the Paul people TURN UP... they could win this thing? :D

The other great thing about these polls is they should MOTIVATE every Paul supporter in Iowa to drag themselves and their friends, family and anyone else they can to get out for Paul.

Joey Wahoo
12-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Your point one is excellent. There is no need for RP to attack Santorum. EVERY OTHER NONROMNEY WILL BE DOING THAT NONSTOP FOR THE NEXT THREE DAYS. They're all jockeying to be the nonRomney, nonPaul candidate. There will be lots of ammo fired at RS. We just need to hope Perry is successful in dragging Santorum down while we shore up our own. I'd be astonished if any Ron Paul supporters are jumping ship. This is all just a reshuffling of the socialcon/neocon vote. Perry has tons of money to spend and can't afford to lose to Santorum. Let them chew each other up and draw fire away from RP.

PismoPam
12-31-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm in the grassroots office everyday.
In come the democrats and independents asking how to caucus.
This isn't about Mitt, it is about Obama.
Buyers remorse, BIG TIME.
If they bother to come find our office, and take our notes on how to caucus ( MANY for the first time) then I'm pretty sure they will show up Tuesday.

Just yesterday I spoke to someone about being a delegate, to go to the county convention and vote again in March.
"You mean vote again for Ron Paul?" She slowly let out her breath.
"I would be honored to cast my vote for Ron Paul"

I agree with the title of this post.
DMR Poll is AWESOME News.
;>)

rich34
12-31-2011, 09:47 PM
I just don't understand why Paul took the weekend off. Sure he'll be on tv tomorrow, but he needs to be on the ground in Iowa firing up the base. At this point we gotta out work these puckers! Independents, bluedogs unite! Surr hope the young people turn out in higher numbers than what the model of these pollsters are showing!

RickyJ
12-31-2011, 09:49 PM
This is not awesome news. It's just not. RP really needs a win just to show that he can win.

Barring voter fraud he will get it, don't worry, just keep on telling people about Ron Paul.

neverseen
12-31-2011, 09:51 PM
I just don't understand why Paul took the weekend off.

76 year old man in the fight of his life 7 days a week...

Come on, your average american bitches if they don't get 2 days off from their difficult cube job which consists of surfing the net all day.

Aratus
12-31-2011, 09:53 PM
mitt romney knows how to pitch an appeal to bay state Democrats. he tended to pick the suburbs ringing boston.
if quite a few of the Democrats are starting to sneak over to where the real activity is, cool! they may do a party
line vote come november of 2012 but are willing to hunour doctor ron paul on many of the issues? coooooooooool!
keep a focus on staying on message and don't worry. the Ds + Is are about to arrive in a big way. expect it thusly.

ross11988
12-31-2011, 09:54 PM
If they bother to come find our office, and take our notes on how to caucus ( MANY for the first time) then I'm pretty sure they will show up Tuesday.

Just yesterday I spoke to someone about being a delegate, to go to the county convention and vote again in March.
"You mean vote again for Ron Paul?" She slowly let out her breath.
"I would be honored to cast my vote for Ron Paul"

;>)
What grassroots office?

low preference guy
12-31-2011, 09:55 PM

GOTV means get out the vote

rich34
12-31-2011, 09:55 PM
If they bother to come find our grassroots office, and take our notes on how to caucus for the first time, I'm pretty sure they will show up Tuesday.

;>)

Sweet Jesus, I hope your right! This is the only reason I can think of for Paul to take the weekend off, because they have a solid number of how many democrats they have in their fold. Maybe that is the strategy right, get out of the way while everyone else is going more for your typical voters while the boots on the ground shore up and go after the bluedogs n independents.

rich34
12-31-2011, 09:58 PM
76 year old man in the fight of his life 7 days a week...

Come on, your average american bitches if they don't get 2 days off from their difficult cube job which consists of surfing the net all day.

I understand that, but Rand at least should be making the rounds on Ron's behalf. Not waiting until Monday. Maybe their plan is to make the Tuesday papeers as father n son campaign historically thru Iowa. Hopefully it's written up like that and it's the last thing in voters minds.

low preference guy
12-31-2011, 09:58 PM
The media won't get their knives out... Gingrich, Perry and Bachmann will have THEIR knives out.

Bachmann and Gingrich are impotent, they have no money. Perry might attack, or might give up Iowa and save money for SC.

seeker4sho
12-31-2011, 10:05 PM

No need to panic, we have a super ground game in place. This is not a sprint, we are in a marathon. The polls are only a distorted picture at best. Have faith and plan for the long haul. The other candidates will take Santorum out of the game. We need to concentrate on Newt Gingrich and get him out of the game before South Carolina.

pacu44
12-31-2011, 10:11 PM
I trust the brain trusts of Wead and Paul... They have been around, they know how this works....

Keep working, the media can say what they want, there is no debate, Paul is the front runner...

schiffheadbaby
12-31-2011, 10:14 PM
how many liberals will we actually get to vote for ron paul?

call me skeptical but I welcome them all, do any of you actually know any who will vote for RP in iowa?

Joey Wahoo
12-31-2011, 10:15 PM
No need to panic, we have a super ground game in place. This is not a sprint, we are in a marathon. The polls are only a distorted picture at best. Have faith and plan for the long haul. The other candidates will take Santorum out of the game. We need to concentrate on Newt Gingrich and get him out of the game before South Carolina.

This.

oilboiler
12-31-2011, 10:23 PM
I would not worry about Santorum longer term. He really is a social conservative extremist. We voted him out in PA for a reason. He will never get any support once people find out what he really is.

XNavyNuke
12-31-2011, 10:25 PM
how many liberals will we actually get to vote for ron paul?

call me skeptical but I welcome them all, do any of you actually know any who will vote for RP in iowa?

We will do very well with liberals and independents in IA. They will show up. This is why.

Thread: The Atlantic: Independents went for Obama and... Paul (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?75447-The-Atlantic-Independents-went-for-Obama-and...-Paul&highlight=iowa)

XNN

hueylong
12-31-2011, 11:19 PM
The R3VOLUTION is alive and well in Iowa. We will have a very strong showing on Tuesday Night.

DinahWest
12-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Thank you hueylong!

Really, if you guys flip like this over one poll showing Ron 2 percentage points off the lead when Paul is consistenly under polled, how do any of you expect to make it in a General Election that will be 1000000x more difficult and knock down drag out? You guys need to have some perspective. And know if we flip out over this and continue in such a vein every time things get tight or are difficult the media will pick up on that and spin it.

Calm down take a breathe and adhere to Ron's philosophy that truth will win out in the end.

PaleoPaul
12-31-2011, 11:28 PM
Dinah: The problem is that the final DMR poll four years ago predicted the winner for both the GOP and Dem caucuses

TheDrakeMan
12-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Dinah: The problem is that the final DMR poll four years ago predicted the winner for both the GOP and Dem caucuses

But this time it's closer, the top two candidates are both within the margin of error and Democrats could cross over to vote for Paul. We don't know what's going to happen.

DinahWest
12-31-2011, 11:34 PM

Then we have a decision, fight or flight?

If we believe what we say then the decision should be easy. And we have to keep Ron's positivity that the truth will win out in the end. History has never proven a revolution to be easy, especially when fighting a powerful foe.

Aratus
12-31-2011, 11:36 PM
folks... inside our tidy binary,,,

its totally in play... flip a coin.

the other binary is that the guy

with the GOP nod takes on a potus

who has a 50/50 odds of winning again.

Aratus
12-31-2011, 11:38 PM
the DMR poll says ron paul's odds of being our next president are one in four.

hueylong
01-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Look. Each step of the process is just one step. We can't freak out at every turn. We need to focus on what is important, and that is the accumulation of delegates. Yes, winning primaries and caucuses, having momentum, all that good stuff is important -- but the nomination is ours or not ours based on how many delegates we win, or influence to support Dr. Paul.

We are one of two campaigns with the ability to go the distance. Let's not let ourselves get too high or too low. Let's just keep on plugging for the R3VOLUTION.

Thank You.

parocks
01-01-2012, 12:48 AM
He's an annoying pest sure, but no I don't agree the campaign has to go after him. They need to continue doing what they've been doing and we need to continue to Phone from home, donate and canvass for Ron. The most important thing Iowa supporters can do is to get as many Democrats who are disenchanted with Obama to come out and vote for Ron Paul. Even those who like Obama can be convinced to vote for Ron Paul as he is in favor of ending all the wars.

If the independents and democrats turn out in BIG numbers for Ron. We can walk away with the win. If they sit at home because they refuse to vote for a GOP candidate, it's over.

Get first time voters. 17-29, males. They're in bars in des moines right now. Thousands of um. They like Ron Paul, but they don't know when the caucus is exactly, or what a caucus is exactly, or where their caucus location is.

Unless I'm wrong about this, there are 500 youths for Ron Paul acting like saints, asleep in their beds, getting ready to wake up and go door to door. I have no information about what they're doing, but I'm guessing they didn't say. Here's money. Go into bars and make sure the people there know that they can register at the caucus and it's at 7 on Tuesday. Here are a bunch of flyers that say that. Here's money for the bar owners if they would prefer you didn't do that. I'm guessing that nothing like that is happening. I think they're probably walking around every day, with slim jims with holes punched in them and rubber bands strung through them, going from empty house to empty house putting them on door handles. Which is conventional wisdom, and it typically does work.

Created4
01-01-2012, 01:08 AM
I understand that, but Rand at least should be making the rounds on Ron's behalf. Not waiting until Monday. Maybe their plan is to make the Tuesday papeers as father n son campaign historically thru Iowa. Hopefully it's written up like that and it's the last thing in voters minds.

They are both doing TV appearances tomorrow which will reach tens of thousands, rather than hundreds in local events on a holiday weekend. They made the right decision.

The Free Hornet
01-01-2012, 01:47 AM

Most problems have a solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HRcNgAhn2E

You could amuse yourself with the full episodes from that clip for a good hour.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e12-go-god-go
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e13-go-god-go-xii

hueylong
01-01-2012, 01:49 AM
The campaign will close strong. Try not to stress too hard. Let's just focus focus focus. All the way to the nomination.

rich34
01-01-2012, 02:02 AM
They are both doing TV appearances tomorrow which will reach tens of thousands, rather than hundreds in local events on a holiday weekend. They made the right decision.

Yes but the msm hasn't been to kind to us while the local media has been quite fair. I'm hoping that while all the other candidates will be on the local news n papers Sunday, but the Paul's will be on the local news Monday and newspapers on Tuesday with a strong historic father son finish. I pray it turns out that way.

affa
01-01-2012, 03:57 AM
for a bunch of people that watch the media manipulate the masses on a regular basis and ridicule the herd as they jump from ship to ship, we sure have way too many people that freak out on a moments notice over mass media and polls.