PDA

View Full Version : Des Moines Poll for first 2 days

rp2012win
12-31-2011, 07:23 PM
First 2 days of Des Moines Poll:

Paul: 26%
Mitt: 24%
Santorum: 9%

The first two days of the poll, Paul had an average of 26% compared to 9% for Santorum. The gamechanger was the CNN poll that came out on Wednesday which the media said gave Santorum momentum. Therefore, the polling on thursday and friday showed the most dramatic surge I have ever seen for anyone in single digits. The power of the media is breathtaking.

pauliticalfan
12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
So an outlier poll of JUST REPUBLICANS led to another poll showing a surge. Absolutely ridiculous. Fuck CNN. They've done everything they can to bring Ron down since day 1.

Jtorsella
12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm done. Screw this, screw everything we've worked for. I'm done. No more. I can't keep trying after this.

WD-NY
12-31-2011, 07:30 PM

The first two days of the poll, Paul had an average of 26% compared to 9% for Santorum. The gamechanger was the CNN poll that came out on Wednesday which the media said gave Santorum momentum. Therefore, the polling on thursday and friday showed the most dramatic surge I have ever seen for anyone in single digits. The power of the media is breathtaking.

And the CNN poll was panned by EVERYONE as being completely BS... and yet... AMAZING how that happens =/

doronster195
12-31-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm done. Screw this, screw everything we've worked for. I'm done. No more. I can't keep trying after this.

What kind of attitude is that? Awfully immature of you to say such things based off of mere polls.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 07:32 PM
It wasn't the CNN poll as much as the continued collapse of Gingrich, and THEN the colossal collapse of Bachmann.

kah13176
12-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Get your heads out of the sand! Poll does, and always has, included Independents.

unknown
12-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Which was the CNN poll? I just made a $25 contribution. :)

unknown
12-31-2011, 07:38 PM

Hahahahahah. I kinda know how you feel but as soon as I start to feel this way, the desperation sets in knowing what our country will become if Ron Paul doesn't win.

That just gives me a surge. I donate more and phonebank more so I'm actually glad for these minor set backs.

rp2012win
12-31-2011, 07:47 PM
From a Des Moines Register article today:

"A smiling Rick Santorum, his crowds growing as his poll numbers rise, said Saturday night his presidential campaign in Iowa is gaining momentum because Iowans are ignorig national pundits and making decisions for themselves."

Guitarzan
12-31-2011, 07:48 PM

Goodbye troll.

Jtorsella
12-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Goodbye troll.
Seriously? We've just had a bit of bad campaign news and I feel bad about the state of the world. How am I a troll?

BucksforPaul
12-31-2011, 08:05 PM

Then what the fuck are you still doing here. If you are done then leave so we do not have to put up with your constant negativity. You only goal here is to discourage others but it will not work so you need to employ better tactics. We will never quit so save your effort.

Jtorsella
12-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Then what the fuck are you still doing here. If you are done then leave so we do not have to put up with your constant negativity. You only goal here is to discourage others but it will not work so you need to employ better tactics. We will never quit so save your effort.
I don't mean to discourage people, I'm just angry that the system could do this after so much work.

AngryCanadian
12-31-2011, 08:08 PM

"A smiling Rick Santorum, his crowds growing as his poll numbers rise, said Saturday night his presidential campaign in Iowa is gaining momentum because Iowans are ignorig national pundits and making decisions for themselves."

Oh really Des Moines Register

because Iowans are ignorig national pundits and making decisions for themselves
Yeah thats why they will vote for paul.

anewvoice
12-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Seriously? We've just had a bit of bad campaign news and I feel bad about the state of the world. How am I a troll?

There tend to be overreactions at bad news, often times from folks just stirring shit up. Don't feel bad, send another $20.12 if you can and let the campaign do their job.

MRoCkEd
12-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Concern trolling, much?

Student Of Paulism
12-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Lol this is a fing joke. Sanitarium is going to go to 2nd place in 2 fing days? REALLY? Yea..sure he is :rolleyes:

Again, lets get this right. 26% > 18% in TWO DAYS for RP. Frothy goes from 9% to 2nd place at 21%. LOL and with a base of 300 voters sampled?...uh huh. This is truly the biggest steaming pile of crap ive seen so far this year. Anyone buying into that, should definitely vote for Sanf'ingtorum then, because if they believe this, then they would easily believe in his bs too.

Sublyminal
12-31-2011, 08:10 PM

"He said to all 12 of his supporters"... 10 of which were eating lunch and getting ready to go back onto the clock.

skytoucher
12-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Lol this is a fing joke. Sanitarium is going to go to 2nd place in 2 fing days? REALLY? Yea..sure he is :rolleyes:

Again, lets get this right. 26% > 18% in TWO DAYS for RP. Frothy goes from 9% to 2nd place at 21%. LOL and with a base of 300 voters sampled?...uh huh. This is truly the biggest steaming pile of crap ive seen so far this year. Anyone buying into that, should definitely vote for Sanf'ingtorum then, because if they believe this, then they would easily believe in his bs too.

/agreed

TomtheTinker
12-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Everything is good..we are tied going into the final couple days.wasn't this what we have hoped for?

AlexAmore
12-31-2011, 08:18 PM

LOL well put.

Liberty Shark
12-31-2011, 08:19 PM
We will see what the PPP poll says tomorrow. From what PPP tweeted today, I am not panicking. The only thing that has me a little worried is if all the social conservatives move to Santorum in a strategic move. It's not over yet. Also the democrat crossover will be key.

Jtorsella
12-31-2011, 08:29 PM
We will see what the PPP poll says tomorrow. From what PPP tweeted today, I am not panicking. The only thing that has me a little worried is if all the social conservatives move to Santorum in a strategic move. It's not over yet. Also the democrat crossover will be key.
This. The biggest consolation is that DMR did NOT poll dems, only indies. If the ppp poll has us in first, we can win.

dbill27
12-31-2011, 08:29 PM
The only thing more insane than a santorum surge is us believing it or wasting time thinking of it. Mark my words, he comes in 5th, this is a complete media fabrication. I mean seriously, santorum? I hope he does surge though, it will be fun if he beats Gingrich or Perry or Bachman, let that fun thought sit in your head for a moment.

rp2012win
12-31-2011, 08:32 PM
We will see what the PPP poll says tomorrow. From what PPP tweeted today, I am not panicking. The only thing that has me a little worried is if all the social conservatives move to Santorum in a strategic move. It's not over yet. Also the democrat crossover will be key.The PPP also gives me hope. With the Des Moines Poll, the last two days were conducted at a time of non stop positive news of a surge for Santorum. Thus, it's expected people would give him their support if contacted by telephone to participate in the survey after having watched the TV coverage. It's a whole different ballgame for their to be a media blackout over new years weekend and then having to go caucus on Tuesday for Santorum. The "freshness" of the Santorum surge will no long be in their minds as it was when they were answering the telephone survey.

RickyJ
12-31-2011, 08:34 PM

It is just a poll, not the vote. Definitely not time to give up.

bbartlog
12-31-2011, 08:39 PM
The big swings from the first to the second half are extremely likely to be mostly random variation (sampling error). I don't doubt some Santorum improvement based on the web search data we have, but when you consider that both the first and second number are (individually) each +/-6%, the most likely explanation is that the overall improvement was less than was measured, that the first reading was a little low and the second a little high. 13 (measured as 9) to 18 (measured as 21) rather than (actually) 9 to 21 makes a lot more sense. I would tend to discount any analysis that placed disproportionate weight on the second-half numbers (only) for that reason.

misterx
12-31-2011, 08:44 PM
It is just a poll, not the vote. Definitely not time to give up.

This we should all be able to agree on.

enoch150
12-31-2011, 09:36 PM

PPP Tweets are hardly reassuring.

http://i41.tinypic.com/25qaequ.jpg

RonPaulFanInGA
12-31-2011, 09:46 PM

So what would this look like if not for the BS CNN poll creating a false narrative of a Santorum surge?

Santorum is done even if he wins.

TheDrakeMan
12-31-2011, 09:51 PM

"Still looks very close between Paul and Romney"

The last poll showed Paul with 5 points over Romney. If it still looks similar to that then it's good news.

EuRa
12-31-2011, 09:53 PM
We're having this discussion because of 63 total people who voted Santorum in a 2-day span.

Not hard to skew the numbers, call an area on the map that Santorum visited where nobody else did. Plenty of those places you know.

63 people is hardly anyone. And while the margin of error was 5.6%, for the second half of the polling, it was much MUCH higher.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-31-2011, 09:54 PM

"Very close between Paul and Romney" and "some chance" Santorum wins sounds fine to me.

RickyJ
12-31-2011, 09:56 PM
We're having this discussion because of 63 total people who voted Santorum in a 2-day span.

Not hard to skew the numbers, call an area on the map that Santorum visited where nobody else did. Plenty of those places you know.

63 people is hardly anyone. And while the margin of error was 5.6%, for the second half of the polling, it was much MUCH higher.

They don't even have to do that much, they can just totally fudge the numbers. Their reputation is not on the line cause the elite don't care, they know the poll is for them to give them the opportunity to get away with voter fraud.

Adrock
12-31-2011, 10:25 PM

I would suggest at least waiting for the PPP poll tomorrow before bailing. That will tell us what kind of shape we are actually in.