PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul suit Virginia?

colbyhowell
12-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Should Paul counter-suit Virgina if they allow the others to be on the ballot. Will they let them on the ballot? Is it worth it for the RP camp to suit? Would Romney join Paul?

To change the rules after the deadline to appease candidates who aren't worthy in the eyes of Virginia law seems wrong, unfair and perhaps illegal. If Paul was left off would they do the same? Heck no, so he may as well fight it and prolong the court process. Just like the Trump debate, I think Romney following Paul's actions only makes Paul look like the true leader.

Sublyminal
12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Should Paul counter-suit Virgina if they allow the others to be on the ballot. Will they let them on the ballot? Is it worth it for the RP camp to suit? Would Romney join Paul?

To change the rules after the deadline to appease candidates who aren't worthy in the eyes of Virginia law seems wrong, unfair and perhaps illegal. If Paul was left off would they do the same? Heck no, so he may as well fight it and prolong the court process. Just like the Trump debate, I think Romney following Paul's actions only makes Paul look like the true leader.

I believe that Virginia's court will toss out whatever the AG has in store. I can't wait till he's out of office.

bluesc
12-31-2011, 05:05 PM
I believe that Virginia's court will toss out whatever the AG has in store. I can't wait till he's out of office.

Shame, everyone around here loved the AG a week ago. Ron endorsed him when he was running.

Sublyminal
Shame, everyone around here loved the AG a week ago. Ron endorsed him when he was running.

I voted for him, I thought he had great ideals. He has proven that he is an establishment shill like the rest of them.

ItsTime
We actually want Newt in. That way no one gets 50% of the vote and the delegates are split. If someone gets 50%+ of the vote they take all the delegates. (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

bluesc
Also, Bachmann, Santorum, Huntsman and Gingrich signed on to Perry's lawsuit.

RickyJ
12-31-2011, 05:06 PM
No, suing does not look good at all. Perry suing over this looks really bad. Ron Paul isn't going to sue over something like this.

bluesc
12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
I voted for him, I thought he had great ideals. He has proven that he is an establishment shill like the rest of them.

Absolutely. A lot of the people Ron stood up for are showing their true colors now.

lucent
12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
We actually want Newt in. That way no one gets 50% of the vote and the delegates are split. If someone gets 50%+ of the vote they take all the delegates. (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

You want him to help split the anti-Romney vote? If he is going to get 51%, he will get 51% regardless.

hueylong
12-31-2011, 05:15 PM
We WANT these other candidates on the ballot. No, Romney will not get 50% if there are 3 or more candidates. If there are 2 -- his chances are good.

Maximus
12-31-2011, 05:17 PM
You want him to help split the anti-Romney vote? If he is going to get 51%, he will get 51% regardless.

Some people won't vote for Ron no matter the circumstances, the more divided the field, the better.