PDA

View Full Version : Southern States

AreteCourage
12-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Hello fellow Ron Paul supporters,

I am obviously a new guy to the forums, but I have supported Ron Paul since I first heard the infamous "What If" speech. I believe this man is our best chance at restoring our country and protecting our civil liberties. My concern is the support base in the south where I live.

People around here need to hear the message loud and clear. They need to understand a lot of misconceptions about Ron Paul such as his foreign policy of Non-Interventionism, his stance on Israel, and I really believe that if he concentrated on his Christianity that it would miles down here.

I want to see if there is going to be a support base down here. I live in Alabama and it is Newt Gingrich land (ugh). Romney isn't popular at all here, and even though Newt has the support; it isn't loyal at all. People still understand who he is and what kind of person he is.

After Iowa and New Hampshire, the focus will be on South Carolina which I believe to be a very key state as South Carolina usually represents most southern states (minus Florida). If we can pull support from people down here then I know it will be the fast track to a nomination.

It would great to have town hall meetings throughout the south as it will be Ron Paul directly speaking to the people and not through ads or media scrutiny.

What would you guys think about an established southern base to sway the voters here?