PDA

View Full Version : New CNN meme : Iowa story, winner will be the one who exceeds expectations

Bruno
12-31-2011, 09:37 AM
The actual winner won't be the winner, the winner will be whoever the media decides exceeded the expectations most.

Since Romney is in first in many polls, even is he wins, according to that logic, he won't be the winner.

Since Ron Paul is in 2nd in many polls they are touting now, he could be the big story. Ron Paul 1st or 2nd SHOULD be the story.

But watch for them to make Santorum the "winner" if he exceeds prior predictions and possibly comes in 3rd. He is among the most unelectable of all the candidates, and has a make-or-break it strategy for Iowa.

Philhelm
12-31-2011, 09:47 AM
Ron Paul becoming president would be a huge statement indeed, but whether he wins or not doesn't dictate the course of the war we wage. Conservative, libertarian, paleoconservative, anarcho-capitalist, old right, classical liberal...call us what you will, but we are on the rise and aren't going to back down. I'm as cynical as they come, but even I feel that we really are winning at the moment.

Johnnybags
12-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Plant the seed for masses of asses, if RP wins it was expected, if he comes in second, Paul falling and if he comes in 3rd a disaster. Romney wins, its a sweep to nomination, second, does not matter did not spend time in Iowa, 3rd, Iowa caucus outlived its usefulness a disgrace. Santorum win, Noone will know what to say, Holy Shed!

Philhelm
12-31-2011, 10:00 AM
On the other hand, Romney winning Iowa may cause his voters in other states to become lax, while we will become even more galvanized. Who knows though? It's hard to predict the actions of idiots.

Agorism
12-31-2011, 10:11 AM
I essentially agree. Iowa has never been won by less than 26%.

Someone is going to exceed expectations and at least get high 20's.