PDA

View Full Version : If someone asked "Why does the media hate Ron Paul?"...

Napolitanic Wars
12-31-2011, 08:35 AM
How would you answer? It's easy to say because "the establishment is afraid of him." But what is the establishment? Why does the media care? How are thousands of diverse shows with different anchors connected to the "establishment?" It's hard not to sound kookoo when explaining this to brain-dead couch potato family and friends.

hazek
12-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Say it with me: FOLLOW THE MONEY

It's that fking simple. Look who owns the major media outlets and it should be pretty clear why they do what they do.

http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart/main

sofia
12-31-2011, 08:47 AM
How would you answer? It's easy to say because "the establishment is afraid of him." But what is the establishment? Why does the media care? How are thousands of diverse shows with different anchors connected to the "establishment?" It's hard not to sound kookoo when explaining this to brain-dead couch potato family and friends.

The media is very consolidated. Tell them how the big shots of media and politics network together. It's not necessarily a conspiracy tell them (even though it is)...but it's like a social club....the col kids in school are in....the rest of us aint.

Tell the story of Eugene Meyer...who was a bigtime FDR backer and the Fed Chairman in the early 30's....then he stepped down to buy the Washington Post, which his grandson runs today.

Or Clint Bollinger...who serves on Board of both the Fed and the washington Post and is President of Columbia University.

Or George Stephanopulus and Chris Matthews.....Democrat hacks who r now "journalists"...Or Andrea Mitchell...TV reporter married to Alan Greenspan

Describe it as a status quo bunch of elites who benefit from the old system and hate the idea of openess and liberty.

vita3
12-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Big $$ & war own the mass media.

arkana
12-31-2011, 08:51 AM
I would just say that people in positions of power on both sides of the isle know the gravy train will stop if Ron Paul gets elected. Tell them that lobbyists don't even stop by his office anymore because he can't be corrupted. The good ol' boy system will stop if he gets elected and the people in power position in both parties and the media shills for both parties don't want that.

Travlyr
12-31-2011, 08:53 AM
$Millions$, $Billions$, and $Trillions$

Superfly
12-31-2011, 08:54 AM
The various media outlets are owned by the largest corporations that benefit the most from the private-public nature of our government and ron paul represents the antithesis of their status quo.

Kevin Smyth
12-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Big $$ & war own the mass media.

Yes. It isn't enough to say that a few individuals are in charge of a few companies who control what we see and hear, we have to prove that those individuals and companies are actively pro-war and thus oppose Ron Paul for that reason. If I was going to simplify it for a person who asked me I would say that the media is in favor of imperialistic war so this is why they dislike Ron Paul.

hazek
12-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Yes. It isn't enough to say that a few individuals are in charge of a few companies who control what we see and hear, we have to prove that those individuals and companies are actively pro-war and thus oppose Ron Paul for that reason.

Does it get any clearer than GE, a weapons and energy/oil manufacturer, owning 26 TV stations? Did you even click on the link in my first post in this thread?

Kevin Smyth
12-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Does it get any clearer than GE, a weapons and energy/oil manufacturer, owning 26 TV stations? Did you even click on the link in my first post in this thread?

No need to be offended, I knew what you were getting at, but GE appears to be the only one of those who supplies weapons.

anewvoice
12-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Because Ron Paul is not willing to play the Republicans/Democrats are evil story line that the media relies upon. He does not fit the story, and he is not willing to change himself to fit their model. The R and D sides of the media are representative of the worst of each party, highly partisan, and have nothing to do with journalism. I recommend you read your local newspaper instead.

sofia
U might not want to go there witha newbie.....but virtually all of the big media and Hollywood moguls are Zionists...

Auditing the Fed, making peace with Muslim nations, and ending the cash cow for Israel DOES NOT sit well these powerful people.....

NY Times...owned by Sulzberger family
Wash PO...the Meyer-Graham family
CBS founded by William Paley (Paloff)
NBC - founded by Robert Sarnoff (his daughter married a Warburg girl)
ABC - founded by Leonard Sorenson

LA Times and Chicago Tribune..George Zell.....
GE owns ABC today...CEO is Jeff Immelt
Viacom own CBS today, as well as MTV....run by Sumner Redstone
USA Today..owned by Gannet...(CEO is Craig Dubow (Duboff) )

Newsweek...owned by the Harmans (recently purchased from Wash Po)
CNN....News President is Walt Isaacson

Rueters founded by Israel Reuters.............and on and on it goes.

Napolitanic Wars
No need to be offended, I knew what you were getting at, but GE appears to be the only one of those who supplies weapons.

I think this goes to the heart of what I mean. I remember years ago finding out that GE owns NBC. My next thought was "thank God for CBS!" (facepalm)

Travlyr
12-31-2011, 09:14 AM
U might not want to go there witha newbie.....but virtually all of the big media and Hollywood moguls are Zionists...

Auditing the Fed, making peace with Muslim nations, and ending the cash cow for Israel DOES NOT sit well these powerful people.....

USA Today..owned by Gannet...(CEO is Craig Dubow Duboff)

This ^^^ is why TV sucks so bad right now. It's horrible. Totally controlled market. Beat em up - blow em up - kill em. Monsters.

Kevin Smyth
12-31-2011, 09:15 AM

USA Today..owned by Gannet...(CEO is Craig Dubow Duboff)

You are right but the average person (who are definitely newbies) would just call you an anti-Semite for bringing it up. We have to be very careful with the Israel/Jewish issues because the mainstream voters (especially Republicans) have been made excessively vigilant against even the slightest criticism of Israel.

hazek
12-31-2011, 09:16 AM

:rolleyes: Don't just look at the names, look at who owns the shares to these companies i.e. who, as in which human being controls them. For example News Corp. is owned by Rupert Murdoch (http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2004/07/b122948.html)..

Like I said Follow the Money and it should be a pretty clear picture..

Paulite
12-31-2011, 09:29 AM
:rolleyes: Don't just look at the names, look at who owns the shares to these companies i.e. who, as in which human being controls them. For example News Corp. is owned by Rupert Murdoch (http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2004/07/b122948.html)..

Like I said Follow the Money and it should be a pretty clear picture..by that logic then the biggest shareholder of News Corp is a saudi prince.

Danke
01-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Sofia banned? How long?

KingNothing
01-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Because the media is stuck on the Left-Right, Republicans Vs Democrats paradigm, and is too lazy/stupid to adequately cover someone who shatters it.