PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Why has Romney not been attacked on this?

Expatriate
12-31-2011, 05:21 AM
So, I'm hoping someone can explain to me why this is not an issue, I haven't seen it brought up anywhere.

Seems like everyone in the GOP should be concerned about this, since it could be used to hand Obama a second term if Romney ends up as the nominee.

Just imagine what would happen if the media started harping 24/7 on the "racist past" of Mormonism, and how Romney was perfectly okay with being a member of it even when they did not permit black priests. Another thing they could mention; Romney actually went on missions for the Mormon church in 1966, BEFORE they lifted the ban on black priests in 1978.

So he was actively and knowingly trying to spread a system which asserted black people were allied with the devil because of the color of their skin, and did not permit them to become members of clergy.

Now think about this. When the media attacks Ron Paul over the newsletter BS, they say things like "He wants to be the president, this scrutiny should be expected" At the same time, they say Ron Paul has NO CHANCE of being the nominee, much less being elected president. They say Romney is vastly more likely to be the nominee than Ron Paul.

So shouldn't the media be attacking Romney? Every time he comes on TV he should be asked "Why did you try to spread a religion which did not allow black priests and asserted that black people were allied with the devil" until he gives a straight answer. After all, this man wants to be president, and he has much more of a chance of actually succeeding than that kooky old crank with 2 first names, right? Or is the plan to make Romney the nominee THEN broadside him with a smear campaign based on this?

timb2
12-31-2011, 06:50 AM
Romney grew up watching cartoons like this

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6brMrFw0E

FreeTraveler
12-31-2011, 07:01 AM
So we should use activities that go back even farther than those Dr. Paul is accused of and attack a religion that's since changed its position? Answer ridiculous intolerance with even more intolerance of our own?

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

WWRPD?

Expatriate
12-31-2011, 07:03 AM
So we should use activities that go back even farther than those Dr. Paul is accused of and attack a religion that's since changed its position? Answer ridiculous intolerance with even more intolerance of our own?

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

WWRPD?

Not saying it's the right thing to do, I'm asking if the media would do it if Romney gets the nomination.

timb2
12-31-2011, 10:25 AM
The Media wants the status quo and really don't care if Obama or Romney wins,they just do not want Ron Paul to win because Paul is going to expose all the corruption