PDA

View Full Version : GUYS I found a FREE way to leverage unlimited mass text massaging to GOTV

AlexAmore
12-31-2011, 05:17 AM
Edit: Fixed my little goof up. Works now.

Ok this is too late for IOWA and NH, but for South Carolina, Florida and beyond this is HUGE!

This is an extremely clever way to bypass the normal fees and complex BS associated with typical SMS marketing companies.

Here's how this works:

1. Sign up a separate account on Twitter for this GOTV campaign. The Username should be related to Ron Paul, liberty...whatever.

2. Make signs/flyers that say "To End the Wars! Text: Follow (username) to 40404"...be creative with the sign, but use the 40404 code. That's Twitter's code for the U.S.

3. Market this campaign heavily to young voters, in colleges, cafes...etc

4. Log on to Twitter and send messages to everyone's cellphone who signed up, anytime, instantly. I just tested this and it works flawlessly.

Two things to know:

1. This is totally LEGIT. Twitter promotes it within their website.

2. Followers DO NOT need a Twitter account to use this. It works 100% with everyone.

Start building up your lists! Ask any marketer the most effective tool is a list!

If anyone needs more specific advice about anything regarding text marketing let me know.

Also note that whatever last tweet you sent will be sent automatically when people sign up. So you can have a default tweet that people will always get upon signing up and then when you send another tweet you just need to delete it afterwards or else that will be the default tweet. Just keep it organized like that.

Working Poor
12-31-2011, 06:45 AM
bump

european
12-31-2011, 06:56 AM
With my background in direct marketing it sounds interesting enough, can you explain a bit more how it works? I mean, people have to put in their cellphone number?
Guess the creativity here will get more people to come up with new possibilities.

anyways, this deserves another bump

walt
12-31-2011, 07:01 AM
That's spam (and an invasion of someone's private property rights on their mobile phone). I doubt Ron Paul would support this activity

AlexAmore
12-31-2011, 07:19 AM
No it's not spam at all. People are voluntarily signing up.

They would send a text so they could get updates to whatever the sign said. For example say my Twitter username is ForLiberty the sign could say something like:

End the Wars. Bring The Troops home.
To sign up for activism updates and support the troops
Text "Follow ForLiberty" to 40404

Now you have them in your database and can promote activism activities and on the day of elections remind them to vote and what to do. They don't actually input their cell phone number. They send a specific text to a specific number "40404". Very simple. This type of marketing is used by major companies all over. It's proven, effective and super simple. Not immoral at all. Obviously my example sign has a lot to desire but I'm just trying to convey the idea and how it works.

You can even add in incentives if you know of a Ron Paul supporting business around a college campus or within a reasonable distance. Then you can add in an incentive to the sign that when they sign up they simply show the text you automatically receive and get half off an appetizer or whatever.

Also note that whatever last tweet you sent will be sent automatically when people sign up. So you can have a default tweet that people will always get upon signing up and then when you send another tweet you just need to delete it afterwards or else that will be the default tweet. Just keep it organized like that.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2011, 07:21 AM
Made new Twitter account, @RPNC12

text 40404 to username? What does that mean? You are texting something to 40404, not texting 40404 to something.

So I texted RPNC12 to 40404 but all that did was print RPNC12 to my main Twitter account that is attached to the phone.

Nothing showed up on the RPNC12 account.

A whole lot seems missing from the middle here. :(

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Anybody who already has twitter on that number will just be populating their own feed.

AlexAmore
12-31-2011, 07:24 AM
You text:

To: 40404

without the quotes

EDIT: Sorry I wrote it backwards up in OP and missed "Follow"

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Interesting. Applications for a certain state senate campaign too

AlexAmore
12-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Bump for the young folks who don't wake up until 1PM.