PDA

View Full Version : TeaParty .ORG .NET- clarification

SwordOfShannarah
11-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Hey All-

The owner of the TeaParty.org and .net sites contacted me. He's actually someone heavy in our movement (but wants to remain anonymous for now) and he picked up the domains with good intentions. He sent me an email and said he is willing to forward those two domains over to the .com site. I'll be speaking with him tomorrow so we'll be able to clear it all up. He has some good pull/contacts in the movement as well so I'm sure we'll be helping one another.

http://www.TeaParty07.com should be coming up for more people now, but if you're still not getting it I've been told it will be resolved by tomorrow am.

I'll also be adding the other two sites shortly. (WeekendofLiberty.com and RightsRally07.com, and yes I just picked up the .org's and .net's for each of them!)

We've got a TON of momentum going. The ThisNovember5th.com mailing list is 20,000 (I'll be sending them an email about the new pledge in a day or so) so I imagine half to all of them will sign up for the new drive right away. We've got press contacts in the MSM media now calling up and asking what we're doing next... so talk about publicity!! This is going to be BIG. We should all be very proud of what we have accomplished. And we're set to do so much more!!

Congratulations to everyone. Here we go!!! :D

NewEnd
11-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Whew. Thanks Trevor.

moberley
11-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Will the OnDecember16th.com pledge site also be redirected?

moberley
11-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Are you also going to co-ordinate with ThisDecember16th.com which also appears to be related with regard to the events rather than the pledges?

hard@work
11-09-2007, 02:22 AM
lol someone post this on that digg ... wherever it went if I can find it I will.

moberley
11-09-2007, 02:25 AM
The digg page was here: http://digg.com/politics/Join_the_2007_American_Tea_Party

JordanL
11-09-2007, 02:50 AM

I will redirect them if it becomes a problem. At the moment, I feel that my site appeals more to the tacitly apathetic "college" crowd, so I'd like to work with Trevor, (who I sent a PM but hasn't gotten back to me yet :P ), on syncing up the lists instead of redirecting the site.

EDIT: Trevor, if you could give me an IM or email which isn't flooded with mail that I can get in touch with you at, send it in a PM or something.

moberley
11-09-2007, 02:54 AM

I missed the notes on some of the other threads from the owner of this site that he is working with the TeaParty07 site. I apologize for the redundant question.

I guess I was confused because the OnDecember16th.com has a pledge form submission but no counter like the other money bomb sites. Although, I'm still curious as to whether part of the goal is to encourage use of a single counter for the people who like to sign up for such things.

Jobarra
11-09-2007, 02:56 AM
What about all the people who signed up already at the .net and .org sites?

Any reason he didn't post here AT ALL to coordinate these efforts but just went ahead and made a website that was signing people up?

deronde
11-09-2007, 02:56 AM

moberley
11-09-2007, 02:57 AM
I will redirect them if it becomes a problem. At the moment, I feel that my site appeals more to the tacitly apathetic "college" crowd, so I'd like to work with Trevor ... on syncing up the lists instead of redirecting the site.

As my other comment indicates, I figured most of this out just now by reading in some of the other threads, but thank you for the clarification.

Drknows
11-09-2007, 03:18 AM
Thats Great man! I cant wait till i see the design of this one.

Let me know if you guys need a new flash countdown clock for the 16th or anything else to do with flash/xml/php! :D

SwordOfShannarah
11-09-2007, 03:34 AM
I will redirect them if it becomes a problem. At the moment, I feel that my site appeals more to the tacitly apathetic "college" crowd, so I'd like to work with Trevor, (who I sent a PM but hasn't gotten back to me yet :P ), on syncing up the lists instead of redirecting the site.

EDIT: Trevor, if you could give me an IM or email which isn't flooded with mail that I can get in touch with you at, send it in a PM or something.

As far as what graphics are used/ the look of the site, etc. things are flexible. We can put it out as a poll if need be..

For syncing up mailing lists, etc. I don't see that as the way to go. First off feedburner is good not just for list management, but also for soothing concerns of spam. People recognize the feedburner brand and it brings credibility to the request for sign up.

I don't see having two sets of websites for this as helpful. There are going to be three sites as it is and having other sites out there duplicating these efforts can only detract as I see it. I'd prefer them to forward over but of course that is up to you.

I also feel the date of the day in the domain has been played. To do it again is kind of like telling the same joke twice in a row (best analogy I could think of). I'd really like to have all of these extra domains come point to one project. I think it's the cleanest, clearest and most effective way to go and additionally it most resembles our last effort.

NewEnd
11-09-2007, 03:36 AM
I think the most important thing (besides security concernes), is being sure the numbers signed up are tallied effectively, so we can have somewhat an idea of how many are signed up, and so people will feel they are not alone.

So, if sites are split up, they need to have a cntralized sign up/tally.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 03:37 AM
As far as what graphics are used/ the look of the site, etc. things are flexible. We can put it out as a poll if need be..

For syncing up mailing lists, etc. I don't see that as the way to go. First off feedburner is good not just for list management, but also for soothing concerns of spam. People recognize the feedburner brand and it brings credibility to the request for sign up.

I don't see having two sets of websites for this as helpful. There are going to be three sites as it is and having other sites out there duplicating these efforts can only detract as I see it. I'd prefer them to forward over but of course that is up to you.

I also feel the date of the day in the domain has been played. To do it again is kind of like telling the same joke twice in a row (best analogy I could think of). I'd really like to have all of these extra domains come point to one project. I think it's the cleanest, clearest and most effective way to go and most resembles our last effort.

Alright... I guess if you don't want to collaborate I'll redirect the site, because in the absence of help anythign I did would by definition be hurting it. Kind of disappointing considerign the effort, but that's the way things are I suppose.

It'll redirect within a few hours.

Drknows
11-09-2007, 03:39 AM
I think the most important thing (besides security concernes), is being sure the numbers signed up are tallied effectively, so we can have somewhat an idea of how many are signed up, and so people will feel they are not alone.

So, if sites are split up, they need to have a cntralized sign up/tally.

I agree we need one site with stats like the last one. so the media and others can see the groundswell of support.

Or we could have all the sites share the same data.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 03:41 AM
I agree we need one site with stats like the last one. so the media and others can see the groundswell of support.

Or we could have all the sites share the same data.

That was my idea... but it doesn't look like that's what Trevor wants to do.

Conza88
11-09-2007, 03:46 AM

I also feel the date of the day in the domain has been played. To do it again is kind of like telling the same joke twice in a row (best analogy I could think of). I'd really like to have all of these extra domains come point to one project. I think it's the cleanest, clearest and most effective way to go and additionally it most resembles our last effort.

Agree 100%. All others need to be redirected, to one main site. Make that site the shit. :D And those with the other domains get some kind of respect thrown their way. ;)

Great work on getting the domains locked down for those that did. That in itself is worthy! Thank you!

JordanL
11-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Agree 100%. All others need to be redirected, to one main site. Make that site the shit. :D And those with the other domains get some kind of respect thrown their way. ;)

Great work on getting the domains locked down for those that did. That in itself is worthy! Thank you!

I don't want respect... I guess what's frustrating is that I do web design as a profession, and I've been struggling to find something that I can do well to help the campaign, and between the money I donated on Nov 5th and buying the three domains I did, I'm not sure if I'll have enough to pay my tuition this term. :P

I finally found something that I can do passionately to help, and it didn't even matter.

I really don't have the money to donate next time. Hell, I didn't have the money last time, I just decided that it was more important than being sure I could pay my tuition. This was ALL I could do. :) So I guess I'll get some T-Shirt designs done. If anyone can make the shirts, I have them up here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34348

anotherone
11-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Having one site worked so well the first time. No need to confuse people.

wisconsinite
11-09-2007, 04:15 AM
Also, if the ".org" and ".net" folks are good people like you say, PLEASE, PLEASE try to get those sights to redirect to teaparty07.com as well.

Right now, they look just awful. It will start to leave a bad impression if they stay up for long.

wisconsinite
11-09-2007, 04:16 AM
For what it's worth, I like the graphics on the "ondecember16th" site.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 04:18 AM
For what it's worth, I like the graphics on the "ondecember16th" site.

:lol:

I don't want people thinking they have to appologize. The cause it's what's important to me. I'm just sorry that the only thing I could do for it was something that didn't help.

EDIT: And Trevor, I refuse to redirect until the domain resolves for me. I had my site up and done and propigated by noon on the 6th... and I'm not redirecting until I'm sure the "official" one is up everywhere.

manny
11-09-2007, 05:57 AM
:lol:

I don't want people thinking they have to appologize. The cause it's what's important to me. I'm just sorry that the only thing I could do for it was something that didn't help.

EDIT: And Trevor, I refuse to redirect until the domain resolves for me. I had my site up and done and propigated by noon on the 6th... and I'm not redirecting until I'm sure the "official" one is up everywhere.

Well I'm not apologizing or anything like that but honestly the site looks good so you clearly have the skills. Don't be disheartened - if it is possible to get people to go to one site it's probably for the best. I'm sure there must be lots of other ways you can help RP but this is clearly a case of one website being best. Have you tried making a site for your meetup group etc?

inibo
11-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Hey All-

The owner of the TeaParty.org and .net sites contacted me. He's actually someone heavy in our movement (but wants to remain anonymous for now) and he picked up the domains with good intentions. He sent me an email and said he is willing to forward those two domains over to the .com site. I'll be speaking with him tomorrow so we'll be able to clear it all up. He has some good pull/contacts in the movement as well so I'm sure we'll be helping one another.

http://www.TeaParty07.com should be coming up for more people now, but if you're still not getting it I've been told it will be resolved by tomorrow am.

I'll also be adding the other two sites shortly. (WeekendofLiberty.com and RightsRally07.com, and yes I just picked up the .org's and .net's for each of them!)

We've got a TON of momentum going. The ThisNovember5th.com mailing list is 20,000 (I'll be sending them an email about the new pledge in a day or so) so I imagine half to all of them will sign up for the new drive right away. We've got press contacts in the MSM media now calling up and asking what we're doing next... so talk about publicity!! This is going to be BIG. We should all be very proud of what we have accomplished. And we're set to do so much more!!

Congratulations to everyone. Here we go!!! :D

OK, I take back what I said about .net and .org, but you should know that ns29 and ns30.domaincontrol.com are still not returning authoritative responses for teaprty07.com

ZenX
11-09-2007, 06:53 AM
In Trevor we trust...

Thanks for the clarifications ! I was worried we were being subverted.

dfalken
11-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Glad to see this is being resolved. A single site with the other sites redirecting to it, is undoubtedly the best proposition. Everyone's help is appreciated but we need to put aside our egos and appetite for the limelight and focus on our goal. Glad to see Jordan has agreed to redirect his traffic to the main site. And talking about the main site, it still doesn't work for me.

voytechs
11-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm curious. Are we doing 15 and 16th as 2 separate events? Thats what it seems like, websites are different and 2 different themes.

Jwaksman
11-09-2007, 08:22 AM
If the .org and .net sites will begin to redirect then that's great. But another issue is what to do with all of the e-mails that they have picked up. Will those be given to the main site and counted as pledges, or not? Will they just be e-mailed and told to sign up again at the official site? It's like 700 people - we need to resolve that.

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
I didn't even know about the 5th of November donation pledge, but I (along with millions more) do now thanks to your efforts :)
--deronde@gmail.com

that is very very encouraging!!:D

bjpolyamorous
11-09-2007, 08:42 AM
I guess this is the kind of problem you have when the grassroots are doing the campaigning themselves. Trevor came up with a great idea, and everyone else wants to get in on the action. I love how motivated everyone is to do this, but I also think sticking with the one who began it all is the best idea, as well as sticking with one domain.

By the way, my name is Brian. Nice to online meet you all.

Green Mountain Boy
11-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Welcome Brian!

Paul Fan
11-09-2007, 08:47 AM
I would like to applaud Jordan for being so selfless in agreeing to redirect his site. (And for his efficiency in getting his site up so quickly.)

Jordan, your flower-throwing man image would make a good T-shirt or sticker which could remain useful throughout the primary season.

bjpolyamorous
11-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Yea, I really really really like the addition on Jordan's site where you can choose your amount to donate. I think it would be nice if Trevors site could incorporate something like that. I guess it depends on the overall goal for how many people are wanted to sign up though, but I think it has the potential to get more people to sign up as many people don't want to or can't put in $100 bucks.

Wayne Hammond
11-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey All-

Trevor - thank you so much for all your hard work. I hope that when you talk with him you are convinced that the owner of the .net & .org sites is truly honorable, having our best interests at heart.

I guess the proof will come when this guy begins to forward all traffic to www.teaparty07.com. If he doesn't start doing that within the next couple of days, (and keep it that way through Dec. 16th), I will start to worry.

Thanks again, Trevor.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I would like to applaud Jordan for being so selfless in agreeing to redirect his site. (And for his efficiency in getting his site up so quickly.)

Jordan, your flower-throwing man image would make a good T-shirt or sticker which could remain useful throughout the primary season.

Point 1: Getting websites up quickly, efficiently and smoothly is what I do. :)

Point 2: I own http://ondecember16th.com not http://thisdecember16th.com :( Too many websites.

Gimme Some Truth
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Why am i getting a bad feeling about all these sites goin up all around the place? :(

Good intentioned, or not ...it isnt helping. Non of them ,apart from the ones Trevor is helping set up , are/were needed. People are just whoring for media attention. They see Ron Paul talking about Trevor and they just cant help themselves. Why do you think we were all deliberating about how to set up the fundraiser? It was to guard against havin a crapload of sites and misinformation spreading about.

JordanL
11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Why am i getting a bad feeling about all these sites goin up all around the place? :(

Good intentioned, or not ...it isnt helping. Non of them ,apart from the ones Trevor is helping set up , are/were needed. People are just whoring for media attention. They see Ron Paul talking about Trevor and they just cant help themselves. Why do you think we were all deliberating about how to set up the fundraiser? It was to guard against havin a crapload of sites and misinformation spreading about.

I hope you're not painting me with that brush.

antboy
11-09-2007, 03:03 PM

While I agree that a common site is important, everything I saw on the other sites that were set up while teaparty07.com was still blank leads me to the conclusion that these are sincere supporters trying to help. Each made clear that all donations go to the official campaign and none had anything that was designed to call attention to themselves rather than the cause. I suspect that the principal motive was to ensure that the momentum wasn't lost, as there was nothing on the teaparty07.com site at the time these others were created.

Are you STILL upset about the original Tea Party in 1773? ;)

kevman657
11-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I think it should be weekendFORliberty.com