PDA

View Full Version : You'll Never Guess Who's Second Among Evangelicals In Iowa

Hook
12-30-2011, 11:43 PM
From LewRockwell.com: (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/102611.html)

The front page of the WSJ today has an article titled Iowa's Evangelical Rift that relates a 3-way split of evangelical support between Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum. It references a CNN/Time poll that shows, "Mr. Romney leading the field and earning the support of more born-again voters than Mrs. Bachmann or Mr. Perry." Needless to say, Ron Paul is only mentioned to say that a group of pastors had dismissed him and Romney from the running.

Curious to see the results of the poll, I googled it. The top hit was this ABC news article titled Rick Santorum Jumps To Third In New CNN/Time Iowa Poll. In the second paragraph we learn that Santorum has 16%, compared to Paul's 22% and Romney's 25% overall. Among evangelicals, Santorum is indeed leading at 22%, but no other information is included.

After clicking through to the CNN/Time poll write-up itself, I finally found what I was now beginning to suspect:

...[Santorum] now tops the list among that crucial voting bloc, with support from 22% of born-agains compared to 18% for Paul, 16% for Romney, and 14% for Gingrich...

You can't make this stuff up! It's like a game of telephone where the players intentionally change the story to fit their own agenda

Rincewind
12-30-2011, 11:45 PM
To be honest, the media always sells evangelicals a bit short. According to the media, evangelicals are incapable of independent thought, and blindly vote for whoever their pastor tells them to.

rich34
12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
If Paul is truely doing this well with that group and can hold those numbers then I feel real good about our chances come Tuesday night. Huckabee did as well as he did because he had almost all their backing exclusively. If Ron pulls 18% from this group then there's no wonder he's being attacked on all fronts. Can't wait for Tuesday night and Iowa to be over!

White Bear Lake
12-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Does anyone know of any polls with tabs that show how the Catholic vote is breaking? I guarantee you we're dominating that vote which should help us carry a lot of counties in Eastern Iowa.

Pro-Life + Anti-War = Good formula for winning us Catholics

Sola_Fide
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
If it wasn't so sad, the cover up would be comical. But it is GREAT that Ron has that much evangelical support. That is great news...for now and the future.