PDA

View Full Version : To all who took offense about me calling GOP a Jesus party....

Akus
11-09-2007, 01:17 AM
You have seen my posts. You have seen that a post like the most recent one about GOP not willing to let Ron Paul in because of the obsolete way they tally candidates' support is an exception rather then the rule.

I rarely get upset. When somebody sees me wearing a Ron Paul button and mumbling "He ain't gonna win", I ignore him. When some one says Ron Paul won't win and tries to rub it in, as if he's "showing me", not realizing that the joke is on everyone, including him, I roll my eyes and inside look down on that person. I also could care less if O'Reilly thinks Ron Paul is a pinhead. That kind of a rebuttal from Mr. IDon'tNeedAHistoryLesson only shows that his commentary is no more reliable then that of a National Enquirer.

But how dare anyone purposely not allow a candidate to participate in a debate of his own party? How dare anyone say that he shouldn't be allowed to talk - a man who is Conservatism and Fiscal restrain personified? Hannity doesn't like him and, to smear his character, tells the world that we text in our votes multiple times over, an easily exposable lie? Fine. Whatever other clown trying to portray Ron Paul as some Taliban recruit in disguise? Fine. They're stupid and deserve, at most, a chuckle of contempt. But to purposely not allow a Presidential Candidate on the air, someone who is clearly more relevant then the entire rest of the GOP, simply because he doesn't go "rah rah rah elect me and I'll bomb 10 countries instead of only 2? That was shockingly low.

I know that that is resolved and our guy will make an appearance and I don't care if those fools won't let him say a word and I don't care if they pay some goons to boo when he says that this insanity needs stopped. I am calm now. But my contempt for whoever does all those things is still there, and it simply reached a boiling point. This move only showed how desperate and stupid those people if they think I'll suddenly support Rudy McRomney simply because they forced to close my eyes and ears on their dog-and-pony show.

So to all who took offense at the Jesus party comment, I am sorry. I won't say it again, out of respect.

Grandson of Liberty
11-09-2007, 01:27 AM
It's appreciated, akus, and no hard feelings here. I think most of us here understand and share your general frustration. Your comment about them thinking we'll just all of the sudden support Rudy McRomney is an excellent point. The GOP will one day realize, hopefully in time, that without a Ron Paul nomination, they lose and they lose big.

hard@work
11-09-2007, 02:08 AM
So to all who took offense at the Jesus party comment, I am sorry. I won't say it again, out of respect.

I did not take offense. But I definately wondered how you did not think ahead on that.

Mark
11-09-2007, 02:31 AM

I wish it was... a true Jesus party..

because then everyone would vote for Dr Paul..

hard@work
11-09-2007, 03:08 AM

I wish it was... a true Jesus party..

because then everyone would vote for Dr Paul..

Me too. Because then everyone would stop hating on Christians and we could all enjoy Christmas again together.

:)

Benaiah
11-09-2007, 03:20 AM
Akus,

I'm a Baptist that is so religious, that my girlfriend and I aren't even going to kiss until we're married (which is hard, because neither of us are virgins even!). My whole family is uber religious and we all support Ron Paul big time. I was just telling my mom earlier today that Fox might keep Paul out of the debate and she got really angry.
"I can't believe that that channel duped me into liking them for so long," she said.

I don't think that religion plays into this, really. I believe that there is a lot of money, and a lot of power that is behind all of this. If Ron Paul were to become president, he would mess up "their" plans for running this hunk of dirt we call America. I believe that Ron Paul would put the power back into the peoples' hands. This isn't something that "they" want.

tttar
11-09-2007, 05:01 AM
So to all who took offense at the Jesus party comment, I am sorry. I won't say it again, out of respect.[/QUOTE]

I'll say it for you, then. It's a *phony* and *hypocritical* Jesus party. :D

Because:

Many Christians will tell you that the Constitution is based on the Bible (how true that is doesn't really matter - it just matters that so many say it). The same people will also have to admit that RP's positions are the closest to the Constitution's.

They then turn their backs on the guy.

In other words - they don't REALLY believe their own Bible.

Try that logic on them, the next time they tell you your life isn't all that it could be, and that they have answers...

BTW, I'm no atheist, and I hope and believe the "good" parts of the faith are all true. I just wish those people would consistently apply what they claim to believe, instead of being such hypocrites. (And I won't be apologizing... ;) )