PDA

View Full Version : Campaign makes six figure ad buy in South Carolina

tsai3904
12-30-2011, 05:15 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/30/ron-paul-campaign-announces-south-carolina-tv-ad-buy/

The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign announced today that it will begin airing its celebrated prolife and veterans ads – ‘Staying on the Right Path’ and ‘He Served’ – in the key early voting state of South Carolina.

The ads feature some of Ron Paul’s patients attesting to his character, professionalism, and prolife credentials and his longstanding devotion to veterans’ issues, respectively.

The ad buy is in the six-figure dollar range and begins today on broadcast and cable television.

“Airing the well-received ads ‘Staying on the Right Path’ and ‘He Served’ will bring Ron Paul’s impeccable record on the sanctity of life – at all stages of life, including at the conclusion of one’s service to the nation – to key early state voters,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.

“South Carolina voters are receptive to Ron Paul’s message that life is precious and military service is honorable, all in the context of his overall philosophy of a return to personal and economic liberty,” said Mr. Benton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_qBSow4FrE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_qBSow4FrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW08qK0GhHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW08qK0GhHs

bluesc
12-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Awesome! I'm glad they are making a play for SC.

georgiaboy
12-30-2011, 05:16 PM
oh hell yes.

zadrock
12-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Nice. Those two ads should do great in SC. Let's not forget about Big Dog for the young men...

libertythor
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
This is a great start. Hopefully enough money gets raised to run some negative ads against Gingrich, Perry, and Santorum to make him the main anti-Romney candidate.

BuddyRey
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
They're gonna play the "Compassion" ad I hope!

NickOdell
12-30-2011, 05:25 PM
They're gonna play the "Compassion" ad I hope!

The campaign can't. "Compassion" was put out by RevPAC.

libertythor
12-30-2011, 05:32 PM
South Carolina may not be the best state to run that one in. 38% of voters there voted against repealing the law that was still on the books against interracial marriage in 1998.

sailingaway
12-30-2011, 05:33 PM
South Carolina may not be the best state to run that one in. 38% of voters there voted against repealing the law that was still on the books against interracial marriage in 1998.

they should play it everywhere. I'm really bummed they don't have time to get it properly into Iowa. but New Hampshire is a priority because of Huntsman's scuzzy ad.

libertythor
12-30-2011, 05:34 PM
they should play it everywhere. I'm really bummed they don't have time to get it properly into Iowa. but New Hampshire is a priority because of Huntsman's scuzzy ad.

Everywhere is fine. Just as long as it isn't targetted only in South Carolina. Nevada would probably be a great place with its libertarian mindset.

dante
12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Need to keep donating to the official campaign to keep these ads on the air! We are still almost 1 million short with the end of the quarter tomorrow night.

Liberty Shark
12-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Go with a conservative southern strategy for SC. Could definitely win in that case. Those 2 ads are perfect for SC.

bluesc
12-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Paul to hit the airwaves in South Carolina

Ron Paul's campaign expanded an ad buy Friday, taking spots already released in New Hampshire and Iowa and airing them in South Carolina, a state that holds the nation's first-in-the-South primary.

The commercials tout the Texas congressman's anti-abortion credentials and record on veterans' issues.

The ads stemmed from an original ad buy in the early voting states this fall that totaled more than a million dollars.

In a statement, the campaign said the spots had been "well-received."

"South Carolina voters are receptive to Ron Paul's message that life is precious and military service is honorable, all in the context of his overall philosophy of a return to personal and economic liberty," said Jesse Benton, Paul's national campaign chairman, in a statement.

The South Carolina primary is set for Jan. 21

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/30/paul-to-hit-the-airwaves-in-south-carolina/

Paulitics 2011
12-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Go with a conservative southern strategy for SC. Could definitely win in that case. Those 2 ads are perfect for SC.

Get Jack Hunter on the air!

bluesc
12-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Get Jack Hunter on the air!

He hosted a radio show for 2 hours in SC earlier. Talked about Ron almost the entire time, and had pro-Paul people calling in.

Shane Harris
12-30-2011, 05:58 PM
revpac should raise money to run "adherence to an oath" in SC imo

tremendoustie
12-30-2011, 05:59 PM

Whoa. That's disturbing.

libertythor
12-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Whoa. That's disturbing.

Well it just goes to show that every state needs its own strategy. Just like attacking Romney in IA would be detrimental while it would probably be beneficial in NH.

Havax
12-30-2011, 06:01 PM
The fact that we're doing this now shows me the campaign is feeling confident about Iowa.

Agorism
12-30-2011, 06:02 PM
So where is the anti-Romney ad we've been waiting for?

damiengwa
12-30-2011, 06:04 PM
WOW! THis is exactly what i suggested they do. Open up that Southern Flank Ronny!

bluesc
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM

If we always got what we wanted from the campaign they would have blotted out the sun with blimps in '08 and we'd have 100 new ads out everyday and no money to air them.

Arklatex
12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
We need to get these ads playing! When is the next moneybomb? Jan 4th?

bluesc
12-30-2011, 06:13 PM
We need to get these ads playing! When is the next moneybomb? Jan 4th?

My Birthday :D! Yeah I imagine they will have a ticker up for the caucuses. FYI, they have a ticker up right now. End of Quarter push.

ronpaulfollower999
12-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Glad they are making a play for SC! Nevada should be big on the list too.

I wonder if we could do some grassroots newspaper or tv ad here in Florida?

camp_steveo
12-30-2011, 06:30 PM
If you watch the news it doesn't matter what he does, there's no way he will win.

It makes me so disgusted. Who do they think they are to tell us who to vote for?

Austin
12-30-2011, 06:34 PM
This pleases me.

libertythor
12-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Grassroots PACS could be formed in each state too in order to fill in the gaps.

Bruno
12-30-2011, 06:59 PM
If you watch the news it doesn't matter what he does, there's no way he will win.

It makes me so disgusted. Who do they think they are to tell us who to vote for?

That's what they said about Iowa until the last few weeks, too. ;)

rockandrollsouls
12-30-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm still hoping there's an ad that shows his strengths on foreign policy....such as some of his predictions.

I want the campaign to paint him like a hawk on defense...because he is. It's just misunderstood.

sofia
12-30-2011, 07:09 PM

ask Jon Downs.....the double agent in our midst who is actually working for Romney.

Okaloosa
12-30-2011, 07:16 PM
For the "He Served" ad unless it was corrected Ron Paul needs to be listed as a Veteran instead of Retired. If it's not correct it could cause some negative feedback and take away from the wonderful ad that it is.

Karsten
12-30-2011, 07:43 PM
I think we need to exploit the open primary nature of SC more.

seawolf
12-30-2011, 07:50 PM
This ad buy proves that the Campaign is in this for the long haul. As they said a top three finish in Iowa and New Hampshire is the minimum necessary to continue.

The polls are strongly indicating we should place first or second in Iowa and a solid second in New Hampshire. Ron will definitely have established himself as a top tier candidate. Then the second phase of the battle begins in South Carolina.

DONATE TO THE END OF THE 4TH QUARTER PUSH !!!!! YOU HAVE 27 HOURS TO DO YOUR DUTY!!!!

RDM
12-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Grassroots PACS could be formed in each state too in order to fill in the gaps.

Like the one started in Miami, FL
http://www.dailypaul.com/195310/miami-super-pac-group-to-get-behind-ron-paul-in-florida

Corey
12-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Voluntary association! Let's keep things on track here people, not the time or place for a race row...

nbhadja
12-30-2011, 08:23 PM

It would be a waste in South Carolina. They don't care about Ron Paul helping a black man out. Many people in the South Eastern states are racist or at least indifferent to charges of racism. Heck, I bet the news letter stories made Ron Paul more popular in the South.

NH would be a good place to play the compassion ad.

helmuth_hubener
12-30-2011, 08:26 PM
If we always got what we wanted from the campaign they would have blotted out the sun with blimps in '08 and we'd have 100 new ads out everyday and no money to air them. :D :D :D

Paulitics 2011
12-30-2011, 08:27 PM

phone.ronpaul2012.com (http://phone.ronpaul2012.com)

The best way to get around the media and directly to voters.

PhineasFinn
12-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Chris Carr of the Baltimore Ravens just responded to my question on twitter whether if he was going to donate to the Compasion Ad airtime. He Responded "@PhineasFinn Of course"

Fucking awesome.

muh_roads
12-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Hopefully serial hypocrisy airs there too.

I don't think the "he served" ad is all that great.

Rincewind
12-30-2011, 11:36 PM
1. I think those ads are really well done, especially for the region. Very happy to see them get air time in south carolina.

2. The kind of classical liberalism that Ron Paul espouses is rooted in individualism. His views, and the views of the movement he created, is that race does not matter - not because of some value attributed to the concept of diversity, but rather because of the value attributed to the individual human being. This is in contrast to collectivism, where an individual has value only to the extent that the individual is part of a group. To discriminate based on race is to reject the notion that the notion of natural rights and to claim that a human only has worth as part of a larger group.

J_White
12-31-2011, 12:20 AM
good to see this,
lets take SC !
Call for Paul !!

papajohn56
12-31-2011, 03:33 AM
Superbrochures have hit in Greenwood, SC.