PDA

View Full Version : NC-Cops shoot Jack Russel terrier, in its yard, while investigating a break in.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2011, 05:08 PM
An older story from earlier this month that I missed.

Vicious Jack Russel terriers.

There was never any threat, this is just a cop that knows he can blow away anybody or anything whenever he wants.

Do not talk to cops.

Do not call the cops.

Do not allow cops on your property.

And now, this family, having spoken out and publicly excoriated the cops, will never have a moment of peace in their hometown again.

A 'reckless' decision to shoot family dog

By Bill and Bobbie Hardaker

http://www.heraldsun.com/bookmark/16799366/

In response to the story “Deputy fatally shoots dog during attack” in the Herald-Sun on Dec. 13, we want to be sure readers understand that on Dec. 9, one of our family dogs was shot in the head by a Durham County sheriff’s deputy investigating a break-in — not a break-in at our home, but at our neighbor’s home.

The officer came onto our property from the side yard and our three Jack Russells, not knowing who he was or where he came from, circled him and did what terrier dogs do to protect their territory from strangers or intruders. All three of our pets were wearing fully-functioning invisible fence collars and the driveway boundary was marked by bright orange flagging.

This horrific, senseless act of violence by investigating officer L. Kelly has devastated our family.

We agree completely that police officers should be able to enter private property in good faith to investigate suspicious activity. However, there was no such activity on our property — just our car parked in front of an open garage.

If the officer had entered the property in his patrol car, via our gravel driveway, this senseless killing would have never occurred. Our dogs hear cars approaching and greet all comers (even us) on the edge of their flagged invisible fence boundary. The officer would have passed a “no trespassing” sign and three signs indicating that there are dogs on the premises. At least three deliveries occurred earlier that day without incident.

The above is all true, but is very much irrelevant.

The officer had no right or reason to execute our little dog on our front walkway. The shell casing lay just feet from the invisible fence boundary. All he had to do was walk away. A swift kick and a couple of steps would have done the trick.

Drawing his weapon and shooting our dog in the head was a reckless and violent decision. Any notion that his life was in danger is utterly preposterous. Terriers bark and they nip at your ankles. A bite would not be a nice experience. But life threatening? Never.

This officer ought to be punished to the fullest extent.

Surely use of a weapon is not acceptable behavior for a patrol officer when faced with small dogs reacting to an intruder.

I would appreciate your support of our outrage and disbelief that this could have happened in the name of “law enforcement.”

Baubles and laptops can be replaced. Our beloved Bailey is gone forever.

Bill and Bobbie Hardaker live on Kerley Road in Durham.

Philhelm
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Dog should have armed itself.

phill4paul
12-30-2011, 05:51 PM
As crappy a situation as it is dog owners need to fence their properties. Hell, everyone should. As your home is your 'Castle' so must you build a wall. It is called 'Curtilage'. In a suburban setting it allows the property to be considered the same as the home with regards to the Fourth Amendment.

Danke
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
"invisible fence collars are not a real leash," Rael.

Danke
12-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Vicious Jack Russel terriers.

You know what happen to the Knights in their quest for the Holy Grail when they underestimated the Killer Bunny.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2011, 11:01 PM
You know what happen to the Knights in their quest for the Holy Grail when they underestimated the Killer Bunny.

Jesus Christ!

flightlesskiwi
12-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Jesus Christ!

"run away!!"

Danke
12-30-2011, 11:09 PM
"run away!!"

AF is so quick to judge.

flightlesskiwi
12-30-2011, 11:11 PM
AF is so quick to judge.

you warned us.

Danke
12-30-2011, 11:15 PM
you warned us.

Just speaking from experience.

The ex had those dogs, they absolutely hated me and would attack if I touched her.

flightlesskiwi
12-30-2011, 11:18 PM

The ex had those dogs, they absolutely hated me and would attach if I touched her.

typo FTW!!!!

edit: i don't know why it reads so dang funny...

Danke
12-30-2011, 11:21 PM
typo FTW!!!!

-rep. but they would attach. ouch!

Dr.3D
12-30-2011, 11:21 PM
typo FTW!!!!

:D

A very appropriate word.

heavenlyboy34
12-30-2011, 11:22 PM

Jesus Christ!
"run away!!"
lmao!! :D

heavenlyboy34
12-30-2011, 11:23 PM
typo FTW!!!!

You and I have dirty minds. :D

Dr.3D
12-30-2011, 11:24 PM
lmao!! :D
Hummm.. perhaps Brother Maynard should give those cops a Holy Hand Grenade.

flightlesskiwi
12-30-2011, 11:24 PM
-rep. but they would attach. ouch!

yeah. it's those little piece of sh** dogs that get away with crap like biting the hell outta people.

finally, SOME brilliant cop gets it!! all dogs are fair game. even the lil ones.

Danke
12-30-2011, 11:27 PM
yeah. it's those little piece of sh** dogs that get away with crap like biting the hell outta people.

finally, SOME brilliant cop gets it!! all dogs are fair game. even the lil ones.

I should have called the cops. God knows if I did anything like punt the little f*ckers, i'd be in the dog house.

flightlesskiwi
12-30-2011, 11:28 PM
I should have called the cops. God knows if I did anything like punt the little f*ckers, i'd be in the dog house.

if you'd actually punted them, she'd have called the cops and they would've arrested you, taken you to jail and tazed you to death.

edit: they prolly would've still done that even if you had called the cops.

Dr.3D
12-30-2011, 11:29 PM
if you'd actually punted them, she'd have called the cops and they would've arrested you, taken you to jail and tazed you to death.

Now days, they would arrest him and shoot the dog.

Andrew Ryan
12-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I like you.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2011, 11:53 PM

The ex had those dogs, they absolutely hated me and would attack if I touched her.

Dogs are good judges of character.

Heh heh heh.

You put 'em out back on sex night, right?

Anti Federalist
12-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Hummm.. perhaps Brother Maynard should give those cops a Holy Hand Grenade.

I will consult the Book Of Armaments.

Hmmm...

5 is right out it appears.

Dr.3D
12-30-2011, 11:55 PM
I will consult the Book Of Armaments.

Hmmm...

5 is right out it appears.

Yeah... I suppose the cops wouldn't be able to count properly and the hand grenade would be next to worthless.

I can just imagine...... "One.... two.... four.... er three...." boom.

Danke
12-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Dogs are good judges of character.

Heh heh heh.

You put 'em out back on sex night, right?

you sound like my ex... Come to think about it, I am not surprised hearing this from a sailor boy.

Anti Federalist
12-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah... I suppose the cops wouldn't be able to count properly and the hand grenade would be next to worthless.

I can just imagine...... "One.... two.... four.... er three...." boom.

That might work to our advantage.

Anti Federalist
12-31-2011, 12:13 AM
you sound like my ex... Come to think about it, I am not surprised hearing this from a sailor boy.

Which sounds like my ex, aka Broadzilla.

That "sex night" quip is part of an Al Bundy gag:

Peg - "Al, you're getting fat, you need to get some exercise."

Al - "Peg, I get plenty of exercise. Running from you on sex night."

I'd give ya a hug to make you feel better, but you'd probably take it the wrong way.

Danke
12-31-2011, 12:17 AM
I'd give ya a hug to make you feel better, but you'd probably take it the wrong way.

I would. Most definitely.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2011, 12:48 AM
I have a fence with a friendly outside dog. As much as it stabs my heart I fully expect my first warning that JBT's have arrived to be a few barks and a pistol shot as they stand outside my fence. It'll end up freakin Waco and Ruby Ridge out here when it does, too. Watch for it. :mad:

Anti Federalist
12-31-2011, 12:51 AM
I have a fence with a friendly outside dog. As much as it stabs my heart I fully expect my first warning that JBT's have arrived to be a few barks and a pistol shot as they stand outside my fence. It'll end up freakin Waco and Ruby Ridge out here when it does, too. Watch for it. :mad:

You and me and a whole bunch of other folks.

We all know where this is heading.

Anti Federalist
12-31-2011, 12:54 AM
I would. Most definitely.

I'll tell her to look you up.

You sound lonely.

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/3431IOWA.jpg

Danke
12-31-2011, 01:10 AM
I'll tell her to look you up.

You sound lonely.

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/3431IOWA.jpg

That's kinda sexy. Send her over.

Pericles
12-31-2011, 01:33 AM
You and me and a whole bunch of other folks.

We all know where this is heading.

There might not be that many incidents. After the first one, the rest of us will figure "game on", and won't be sitting on our asses waiting for visitors.

pacodever
12-31-2011, 01:50 AM
Love Jack Russells. Fearless little guys. Sadly this one served his purpose, immediately responding to an intruder on the premises and potentially notifying the family of danger.