PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Undecideds and Paul-Haters from Coalescing Around Romney

Paulitics 2011
12-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Now there are still a TON of undecided voters who have maybe heard their favorite news host telling them not to vote for Paul, but aren't really very involved in politics that much. There are also many people who, despite not being Romney supporters, will vote "Anyone but Paul". If they all coalesce around Romney, it could be a huge threat to us, letting Romney barely take the lead, and really putting a damper on our hopes for 2012.

What We Can Do:

-Strong Stump Speeches:
These need to focus on three things. Conservatism, Consistency, and Electability. If you need a stump speech, feel free to use this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?343634-Need-a-Stump-Speech)

Add more to the list if you think of them.

Paulitics 2011
12-30-2011, 04:06 PM
This is a big threat. We should not take it lightly. It is Iowa or bust.

Sola_Fide
12-30-2011, 04:12 PM
If the establishment and other candidates start to do this, they will incur the wrath of our growing coalition. They will regret what they do to us in 2012. We have the power to sink them.

SchleckBros
12-30-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm more worried about Santorum.

Tax the Fed
12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
This is huge - a great point - imho.

This is exactly what is happening in Iowa, as I prepare/draft my caucus speech.

I am treading lightly, but keep in mind that by the time we will speak as potential delegates from the precinct
the votes will be counted and called in to GOP hdqtrs.

I'll be ok if it is one Romney delegate and one RP delegate with an RP alternate in Van Buren County(IA).

tempest
12-30-2011, 04:24 PM
These need to focus on three things. Conservatism, Consistency, and Electability.
The message needs to be:

Offensive. Gingrich is going down cuz he was offensively attacked by Dr Paul. The same offensive attitude needs to be implemented against not just the other candidates but IMO against the media as well. The media needs to be portrayed as the enenmy of liberty that they are.
Also Conservatives need to be specifically addressed in a way that aligns Dr Paul's core message of foreign policy to their core conservative values (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?343300-EUREKA-The-Ultimate-Method-of-Validating-to-Conservatives-RP-s-View-on-Iran-Foreign-Pol.). This needs to happen especially in places like Iowa & South Carolina...

seapilot
12-30-2011, 04:27 PM

Never thought I would read that on the forum.

Paulitics 2011
12-30-2011, 04:48 PM

I don't think he's going to be a problem in Iowa or NH.

One Last Battle!
12-30-2011, 04:52 PM
If the establishment and other candidates start to do this, they will incur the wrath of our growing coalition. They will regret what they do to us in 2012. We have the power to sink them.

I don't think he means the candidates, he means individuals who hate Paul the way some hate Romney.

IIRC, the caucus process means you can chill at the back and stick your finger in the air to see where the wind is blowing, and then vote for the biggest non-Paul candidate. That's probably good for us (there are more undecided-not-Romney voters than undecided-not-Paul voters I think), but we need to be careful.

Aratus
12-30-2011, 04:56 PM
jon huntsman so far has missed much of the overly inflated hype

The Free Hornet
12-30-2011, 05:09 PM
There are ~1800 precincts in OH for the caucus.

Ron Paul will cut one trillion - 1,000,000,000,000 - from the budget deficit in the first year alone. After 3 years, budget will be balanced saving us at least $5 trillion (edit: guess after 4 years - current deficit 1.6T/year, 1.6 x 4 = 6.4T).

Per precinct, this $5 trillion / 1800 or $2.8 billion dollars.

Per voter, assuming 120,000 like 2008, this is $42 million dollars. Tell them that this is what your individual vote is worth. $42 Million dollars. Mitt Romney and the other politicians want that money spent in Washington DC increasing our tax burden, devaluing our currency, and burying our children with a mountain of debt.

How about handing out checks for $42,000,000 dollars made out to "Washington DC" signed "The Taxpayer". Memo: IOU (?). They can vote for Newt (bump 'em - don't just focus on others, split the vote), Romney, Perry, or Santorum OR they can tear up those checks!

Edit: to be fairer, Iowa has ~3 million people and is about 1% of the US population, so their individual burden is more like $420,000 per caucus voter. Per resident of Iowa, $50 billion is about $17000 per person (including the wee little babies). This is as real as our fiat money gets.

One Last Battle!
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM
There are ~1800 precincts in OH for the caucus.

Ron Paul will cut one trillion - 1,000,000,000,000 - from the budget deficit in the first year alone. After 3 years, budget will be balanced saving us at least $5 trillion.

Per precinct, this $5 trillion / 1800 or $2.8 billion dollars.

Per voter, assuming 120,000 like 2008, this is $42 million dollars. Tell them that this is what your individual vote is worth. $42 Million dollars. Mitt Romney and the other politicians want that money spent in Washington DC increasing our tax burden, devaluing our currency, and burying our children with a mountain of debt.

How about handing out checks for $42,000,000 dollars made out to "Washington DC" signed "The Taxpayer". Memo: IOU (?). They can vote for Newt (bump 'em - don't just focus on others, split the vote), Romney, Perry, or Santorum OR they can tear up those checks!

Edit: to be fairer, Iowa has ~3 million people and is about 1% of the US population, so their individual burden is more like $420,000 per caucus voter. Per resident of Iowa, $50 billion is about $17000 per person (including the wee little babies). This is as real as our fiat money gets.

Oh my. Now THAT'S something that is worth saying.

mmadness
12-31-2011, 06:08 AM
bump

All Ways
12-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Ron Paul will cut one trillion - 1,000,000,000,000 - from the budget deficit in the first year alone. After 3 years, budget will be balanced saving us at least $5 trillion

May want to also add that these cut sound massive but are only going back to 2006 spending. Framing it with reference.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
12-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Romney said in 2002 that he is progressive. If they whine about foreign policy, say it's just constitutional