PDA

View Full Version : Super PAC Spends More Than $200,000 Online

SchleckBros
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
http://www.clickz.com/clickz/news/2134731/ron-paul-super-pac-spends-online

bluesc
12-30-2011, 03:42 PM
The video that "Endorse Libery" is sharing was originally uploaded by RevPAC. I guess it's part of RevPAC's online outreach.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Holy crap!

This is not RevPac, this is the brand new Endorse Liberty PAC.

Who is the big donor?

bluesc
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Holy crap!

This is not RevPac, this is the brand new Endorse Liberty PAC.

Who is the big donor?

The video they are using was originally uploaded on RevPAC's channel, so I assume "Endorse Libery" is affiliated in some way.

sailingaway
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM
The video that "Endorse Libery" is sharing was originally uploaded by RevPAC. I guess it's part of RevPAC's online outreach.
I understand it is a different PAC but it might just be a group of supporters wanting to spread RevPac's stuff a specific way.

bluesc
12-30-2011, 03:48 PM
I understand it is a different PAC but it might just be a group of supporters wanting to spread RevPac's stuff a specific way.

I mean that RevPAC created this video. They hired the guy who is at the end of the video and uploaded it with him pointing to the buttons on their channel a while back, and then made the video private. I can't see any other way this group could have got the video.

Aratus
events are on the march. someone REALLY likes doctor ron paul!

Created4
This is a smart PAC. You can reach more people online per advertising dollar then you can on TV. This is where most of the advertising revenue should go. The ability to hit specific demographics online is incredible, especially on Facebook. I do this for a living...

Adrock
12-30-2011, 03:51 PM
This is a good way to advertise to younger and middle aged people. I also like that rev pac is looking to advertise on the television to reach the older demographic.

Created4
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Here's an example of how a PAC like this could operate, reaching FAR more people than TV advertising, and FAR more effectively:

Put up several Facebook Pages about Ron Paul related to themes, such as:

Page: The Security of Israel

videos and links to articles showing how Ron Paul is the friend of Israel and supports a strong Israel via his non-interventionist policies

Purchase traffic on keywords like: Israel, Zionist, Jew, Jews, Netanyahu, kosher, synagogue, etc.

Page: A Strong National Defense

videos and endorsements by military personnel and simple text showing how Ron Paul's views on National Security make us a stronger nation

Purchase traffic on keywords like: Iran, nuclear weapons, straight of Hormuz, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Seals, etc.

Page: Ron Paul for Seniors

videos, testimonials, articles about how Ron Paul wants to preserve Social Security and Medicare for our seniors while overhauling it to make it viable for our children and grandchildren

Purchase traffic on keywords such as: grandchildren, retirement, seniors, medicare, social security, assisted living, etc.

Page: Ron Paul is Tough on Drugs

videos, articles, and testimonials about how our drug war is failing and punishing people who need help, and allows the drug cartels to continue to operate, and how Ron Paul would like to end the drug violence

Purchase traffic on keywords like: marijuana, heroine, Mexican gangs, Colombian drug lords, addiction, drug abuse, etc.

I think you get the idea. The advertisements would be targeted to people talking about such things on Facebook with strong titles such as "Ron Paul Wants a Strong Military" or "Ron Paul is Tough on Drugs" or "Ron Paul Cares for Seniors", etc. You could then also purchase search engine traffic and direct them to these Facebook pages, or link them to blog pages with commenting enabled.

This method works far more effectively than TV or radio. You know where your ads and dollars are going, and you engage the people you are reaching. The old media is dying fast...