PDA

View Full Version : The Comical Media Bias/Hypocrisy on Ron Paul

No Free Beer
12-30-2011, 03:19 PM
First, I want to say that I am not going to conjure up all the videos to prove my point. I think everyone on this forum has seen all of them.

I am going to list random examples of the media bias and hypocrisy we see every single day, specifically from Fox News.

- "Ron Paul's newsletters prove he is a racist." Yet, no one on Fox News brings up the fact that Rick Santorum said during a debate that we should profile in our airports, especially against Arabs. That is racism 101.

- "Ron Paul's foreign policy is dangerous." Yet, the CIA coined the term "Blowback" when explaining the consequences of our actions overseas. Moreover, the fmr head of the CIA's OBL counter-terrorism unit, Michael Scheuer, has come out repeatedly in support of Ron Paul. Let me not fail to mention that Ron Paul gets more donations from the military than all the other GOP candidates combined. Even more than our sitting president.

- "He wants to legalize all drugs." In actuality, he wants to leave it to the states, which is the Constitutional position.

- "We believe in Ronald Reagan." Yet, when Paul brings up Ronald Reagan's quote with regards to the Middle East, they brush it off. Also, Paul talks a lot about the gold standard, something Ronald Reagan was in favor of.

- "Ron Paul is unelectable." Yet, when we actually look at the numbers, Paul and Romney match up the best against President Obama. Dick Morris said the other night that Paul was 15 points behind Obama and every other GOP candidate is neck and neck with Obama. They push Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Newt, and now Santorum, all of which don't stand a chance against Obama.

- "Ron Paul is not a real conservative." History tells us that someone who believes in limited government, fiscal sanity, and a non-interventionist foreign policy is actually what a true conservative is.

- "Ron Paul gets a lot of support from Dems and Indys." Thank you for pointing that out. That is what would be needed to beat Obama and win the White House.

There are many more than I am either

a. Forgetting
or
b. Too lazy to write out.

If you can think of any others, please post here. We could make this spread on Facebook and Twitter.

Write below.

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-30-2011, 03:26 PM
The Democrats were the party of slavery, and the majority of minorities always vote in the democrats. Looks like they are still playing the role.

phill4paul
12-30-2011, 03:31 PM
There is a lot of profit that will be lost by these news organizations parent companies if Ron Paul is elected. It essentially comes down to a 24/7 attack ad on every channel, newspaper and radio show. Given this I am simply AMAZED that we continue to rise. Perhaps, it is just our time and no amount of mudslinging can stop a good idea.

No Free Beer
12-30-2011, 03:36 PM
No, I agree.

I think it's time we point out the hypocrisy by spreading this stuff

Jack Bauer
12-30-2011, 03:38 PM
There is no mass media.

Only mass propaganda.

cdc482
12-30-2011, 03:43 PM
There is no mass media.

Only mass propaganda.

I thought people who said this kind of stuff were crazy last year.
Now, I believe it is 100% true.

No Free Beer
12-30-2011, 05:01 PM
WAR IS PEACE.

SLAVERY IS FREEDOM.

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

centure7
12-30-2011, 05:07 PM
"He wants to legalize prostitution." Its already legal at the Federal Level! He won't be changing those laws and you have not seen

Gingrich or Romney also like prostitution being a states rights issue, or they'd be speaking out against it.

No Free Beer
12-30-2011, 05:32 PM
"He wants to legalize prostitution." Its already legal at the Federal Level! He won't be changing those laws and you have not seen

Gingrich or Romney also like prostitution being a states rights issue, or they'd be speaking out against it.

rep

KramerDSP
12-30-2011, 05:37 PM
The corporations have a bad name now, right? We have to STOP saying Mainstream Media. Hazek is right. But instead of Old Media, I believe the word needs to be.....

Corporate Media.

Over and over again, just like they are doing to Ron Paul, we do to our friends, family and co-workers. "Oh? What did the corporate media say again? Oh yeah?". "Hey, did you see the ridiculous story this afternoon from the corporate media?"

Over and over and over and over again. People will wake up. They will become more distrusting everytime that word gets out there. The phrase "mainstream media" must die!

Dr.3D
12-30-2011, 05:40 PM
The corporations have a bad name now, right? We have to STOP saying Mainstream Media. Hazek is right. But instead of Old Media, I believe the word needs to be.....

Corporate Media.

Over and over again, just like they are doing to Ron Paul, we do to our friends, family and co-workers. "Oh? What did the corporate media say again? Oh yeah?". "Hey, did you see the ridiculous story this afternoon from the corporate media?"

Over and over and over and over again. People will wake up. They will become more distrusting everytime that word gets out there. The phrase "mainstream media" must die!

Or perhaps, "The establishment media."

No Free Beer
12-30-2011, 05:42 PM

Corporate Media.

great buzzword

"corporate media"

I am just worried that if we use those words, people will think that we are conspiracy theorist. Then again, I think corporations get such a bad name nowadays, that it might actually work.

+rep

matt0611
Good post. It neatly summarizes and debunks the usual anti-Ron talking points. +rep

No Free Beer
Or perhaps, "The establishment media."

This may be even better.

+rep

Dr.3D
12-30-2011, 05:44 PM
This may be even better.

+rep

Thanks, the campaign has been using that word quite a bit lately.
Ron Paul isn't part of the establishment and thus the establishment media hate him.

libertygrl
12-30-2011, 05:47 PM
great buzzword

"corporate media"

I am just worried that if we use those words, people will think that we are conspiracy theorist.

+rep

Get used to it. The haters will always use it to discredit us.

The Binghamton Patriot
12-30-2011, 11:05 PM
We should be sure to point out the fact that the same ""conservatives"" who don't trust Obama to run healthcare- TRUST him to be the judge, jury, and arbiter of the law as it pertains to assassinating american citizens. You don't trust him to run healthcare, but you trust him to kill anyone he wants? SERIAL HYPOCRISY.