PDA

View Full Version : Bill Kristol afraid of a Ron Paul victory?

low preference guy
12-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Bill Kristol writes:

The Virginia Republican Party is apparently planning to require voters in the March 6 Virginia GOP presidential primary to sign a form that says, “I, the undersigned, pledge that I intend to support the nominee of the Republican Party for president.”

This is stupid, counterproductive, and offensive for several reasons so obvious that I won’t even bother to mention them. Bob Marshall, a conservative GOP leader in the house of delegates, has come out against the pledge. Shouldn’t our Republican governor, Bob McDonnell, stop this idiocy? Shouldn’t Mitt Romney and Ron Paul—the two candidates who are on the Virginia ballot, neither of whom could possibly approve of such a blind loyalty pledge—ask the party to withdraw it?

If the party refuses, shouldn’t Virginia Republicans boycott the primary?

Link (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/boycott-virginia-republican-primary_615005.html?nopager=1)

undergroundrr
12-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Oh sweet. I knew that Levin and Gingrich would have to vote in Virginia. Didn't realize Kristol does too. Who else has to choke down their own bile and vote for Paul or Romney?

specsaregood
12-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Oh sweet. I knew that Levin and Gingrich would have to vote in Virginia. Didn't realize Kristol does too. Who else has to choke down their own bile and vote for Paul or Romney?

The fact that some many of this hacks that detest us live in VA makes me laugh about the situation.

Cutlerzzz
12-30-2011, 01:56 PM
A boycott would help Paul, wouldn't it?

gmc1988
01-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Kristol would endorse Obama over Dr Paul in a HEARTBEAT!!!!!

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-01-2012, 06:36 PM
How is this negative? Pledging to vote Ron Paul when he wins the nomination?

Brian Coulter
01-01-2012, 06:43 PM

He endorsed Clinton over Buchanan. That was one of the defining moments in my political awakening.

FrankRep
01-01-2012, 06:50 PM

http://dc-cdn.virtacore.com/2011/03/kristol.jpg

Bill Kristol calls Obama "Born-Again Neo-con" (http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/30/bill-kristol-declares-obama-a-born-again-neo-con-days-after-consulting-with-him-on-libya-policy/)

Daily Caller
March 30, 2011

On Wednesday’s “Red Eye” on the Fox News Channel, Kristol took things a step further and declared Obama “a born-again neo-con.”

Host Greg Gutfeld asked Kristol how he felt about Obama coming to him for help (reportedly the president had met with him and others prior to his Monday night address).

“He didn’t come to me for help, of course,” Kristol said. “I’m not going to acknowledge that. He came to me to make sure I was supporting his sound policies. Of course, since his sound policies are more like the policies people like me have been advocating for quite a while, I’m happy to support them. He’s a born-again neo-con.”

Valli6
01-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I recall that some Ron Paul supporters were required to sign pledges like this in 2008. Can't remember which states/counties :confused: No one cared about it besides us. As a matter of fact, I also recall Paul supporters being called in front of some kind of GOP "court" and questioned! No one spoke up on our behalf.

While I oppose such pledges, I am thrilled to hear that Gingrich, Levin and Kristol may suffer a tiny speck of the indignity heaped on Paul supporters in '08. :D

gmc1988
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
He endorsed Clinton over Buchanan. That was one of the defining moments in my political awakening.

Wow I didn't know that!

amy31416
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Ain't it nice (even if disturbing) when the pieces of the puzzle start to fall in place?

AGRP
01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Exclusive video of Bill Krirtol moments before he authored the article!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

Brian Coulter
01-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I didn't know that, but I'm not the least bit surprised. After all, Clinton would go to bat for Israel, and Buchanan wouldn't...

It was during a television interview when it looked like Buchanan might get the nomination he said something to the effect "if Buchanan gets it I'm voting for Clinton".

cindy25
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Kristol always puts his country first

but his country is Israel

Miss Annie
01-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Ain't it nice (even if disturbing) when the pieces of the puzzle start to fall in place?

You said it Amy! It is disturbing!

Giuliani was there on 911
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Kristol always puts his country first

but his country is Israel

truth