PDA

View Full Version : Christians only please make this brief phone call to Focus on the Family

aknappjr
11-09-2007, 12:13 AM
http://family.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/family.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14190

I used to subscribe to the newsletter, and perhaps Dobson would tacitly support Paul.

saintmartha
11-09-2007, 06:43 AM
I believe this is important especially since Pat Robertson came out in support of Guiliani. I have written www.family.org and requested Dobson to interview RP. I will call today as well. I'm new to campaigning. Is there another avenue besides this forum to get this message out to Christians? Is this something that could be sent through the MeetUp groups?

speciallyblend
11-09-2007, 06:49 AM
dobson will not endorse Ron Paul,Dobson does not endorse individual rights, this is a pipedream. i would go after his supporters,but if you expect dobson to endorse Ron Paul,the your really dreaming in a fantasy world.

Mark
11-09-2007, 06:59 AM
dobson will not endorse Ron Paul,Dobson does not endorse individual rights, this is a pipedream. i would go after his supporters,but if you expect dobson to endorse Ron Paul,the your really dreaming in a fantasy world.

Oh ye of little faith..

WE.. didn't get THIS FAR by GIVING UP BEFORE EVEN TRYING...

Matthew 7:7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

wgadget
11-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Maybe someone could send him the video of Ron Paul praying backstage before the Nashville event. I love that.

Pete
11-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Dobson's ministry was launched with heavy support from the family of Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater Security. They are Bush cronies.

Dobson will have to have a Damascus Road moment before he throws in for RP.

Could happen, but that's the background.

rdenner
11-09-2007, 07:06 AM
THEY WILL NOT ENDORSE.... They are a non-profit...Already tried.

Robert

ifthenwouldi
11-09-2007, 07:07 AM
I used the online form:

I was inquiring about Mr. Dobson's (& Co.) lack of discussion of Ron Paul, the foremost pro-life, pro-liberty Christian running for President. I would like to offer what assurance I can that many Christians in this great nation are supporting his campaign, and we would like Focus on the Family to do the same.

This man has lived a life on integrity and principle unlike any of the other candidates, and it is my assertion that his insistence on liberty and freedom from government intervention is VITAL to the spreading of the Gospel:

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."

1 Timothy 2:1-4

speciallyblend
11-09-2007, 07:09 AM

Oh ye of little faith..

WE.. didn't get THIS FAR by GIVING UP BEFORE EVEN TRYING...

Matthew 7:7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

I dealt with focus on the family in colorado,this group has no interest here in colorado with the words freedom. They want to dictate to everyone there belief,and if you dont,then your against them. I have a general distrust of this group here in colorado,maybe its different everywhere else but in my eyes focus on the family has an agenda that goes against the constitution.

If you do get his endorsement i would try to keep it quite in Colorado,just his name makes most in the colorado mtns/front range cringe. focus on the family is kinda like mentioning the word republican in colorado mtns/front range,if you dont have to mention it,sweep it under the rug and hope they dont hear those words. They(focus on the family) flat out lied in the last colorado election,even endorsed a lie in the voters bluebook.

Mark
11-09-2007, 07:11 AM
THEY WILL NOT ENDORSE.... They are a non-profit...Already tried.

Robert

THEY won't.. but.. Rev Dobson COULD.. like..

the "Rev" (ahem) Pat (forget God and Rightousness.. I want Judyani) Robertson

Mark
11-09-2007, 07:12 AM
I dealt with focus on the family in colorado,this group has no interest here in colorado with the words freedom. They want to dictate to everyone there belief,and if you dont,then your against them. I have a general distrust of this group here in colorado,maybe its different everywhere else but in my eyes focus on the family has an agenda that goes against the constitution.

If you do get his endorsement i would try to keep it quite in Colorado,just his name makes most in the colorado mtns cringe. focus on the family is kinda like mentioning the word republican in colorado mtns,if you dont have to mention it,sweep it under the rug and hope they dont hear those words.

I hear ya..

Adamsa
11-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Giuliani explodes over Ron saying that bad US policy could have contibuted to 9/11, but he's fine with someone who says abortions and gays were responsible for it.

Mark
11-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Giuliani explodes over Ron saying that bad US policy could have contibuted to 9/11, but he's fine with someone who says abortions and gays were responsible for it.

yep.. thus my..

"the "Rev" (ahem) Pat (forget God and Rightousness.. I want Judyani) Robertson"

in the previous post..

weatherbill
11-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I have a powerful Ron Paul flyer for flyering church parking lots...pm me your email to get it.

RP4ME
11-09-2007, 08:49 PM

If you do get his endorsement i would try to keep it quite in Colorado,just his name makes most in the colorado mtns/front range cringe. focus on the family is kinda like mentioning the word republican in colorado mtns/front range,if you dont have to mention it,sweep it under the rug and hope they dont hear those words. They(focus on the family) flat out lied in the last colorado election,even endorsed a lie in the voters bluebook.

what Lie? please elaborate

weatherbill
11-09-2007, 08:51 PM
I have a powerful Ron Paul flyer for flyering church parking lots...pm me your email to get it.

ronpaulyourmom
11-09-2007, 08:53 PM
There was a rumor circulating today that Dobson would endorse Huckabee. Later in the day he denied that he was close to endorsing ANY candidate including Huckabee. (and thus presumably Paul)

Still, worth a shot I guess. :O

timmy616
11-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Looks like the Huckster is working that angle.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58610

Fox McCloud
11-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Maybe someone could send him the video of Ron Paul praying backstage before the Nashville event. I love that.

where is this video at? I'd love to see it!

gracemonger
11-09-2007, 09:08 PM
That's great. What kind of response did you get back?
I have been trying to find a way to get Dobson to the http://www.christiansforronpaul.com
site.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 09:09 PM

I haven't seen that. Do you know where the video is?

Fox McCloud
11-09-2007, 09:13 PM
a close friend of mine e-mailed Focus on the Family because he was very angry that Dobson was ignoring Ron Paul...he got the bullcrap reply that Focus on the Family is non-profit and can't endorse anyone. The dumb thing is, he wasn't directing it at them, but Mr. Dobson himself.

I hope enough e-mails from fellow believers will actually make it to him....because if he reads them, examines Ron, and agrees with him...THEN endorses him, it'll be a huge boost to Ron's campaign.

sunghoko
11-11-2007, 10:02 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5icmC7Tx7oZAx8TslSajFRU9HKQIgD8SQH6NO0

Dobson already has ruled out former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Arizona Sen. John McCain and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson for assorted reasons.

Dobson said there are four other candidates who oppose abortion rights and are consistent with many of his beliefs, "and I am taking my time about seeing how that's going to shake out." He didn't mention names.

Gov. Mitt Romney. Romney is in the top tier of GOP candidates, and Huckabee is viewed as gaining momentum.

Tom Minnery, senior vice president of government and public policy for Focus on the Family Action, identified the other two candidates as Rep. Duncan Hunter of California and Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, both long shots.

:(

RonPaulForLife
11-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Link?