PDA

View Full Version : The Many Contradictions of the Paulophobe

bobbyw24
12-30-2011, 09:03 AM
A while ago, I wrote an article in which I spoke of “Paulophobia.” Paulophobia, I claimed, is a cognitive disorder. Like a parasite, it eats away at its victim’s intellect. Perhaps because of this, it also corrupts his moral character. To encounter a Paulophobe whose disorder has reached an advanced stage is to come face-to-face with Irrationality incarnate. At the mere mention of Ron Paul’s name, this sort of Paulophobe practically begins to foam at the mouth. Everything in which he previously claimed to believe — his ideals, his principles, his values — he abruptly throws to the wind as he frantically searches for every and any aspersion, no matter how incredible, that he can cast against Congressman Paul.

The Paulophobe doesn’t just want to discredit Paul as a presidential candidate. He wants to discredit him as a human being.

Unfortunately, once Paulophobia has reached this stage, it is terminal, for it is now impervious to reason. There is no other conclusion to draw given the following facts.

Those suffering most acutely from Paulophobia are Republicans, self-styled “conservatives” (read: neoconservatives). Now, Republicans have always claimed to believe in smaller, more limited, decentralized government. In short, they pride their party on being the party of liberty, the party that is committed to preserving and protecting the United States Constitution.

Yet when they have the opportunity to nominate the only presidential candidate in their primary race who even they recognize is most committed to “limited government” and the Constitution, they call him a “kook” and “extremist.” Some Paulophobes like talk-radio hosts Michael Medved and Mark Levin go further to imply that he is evil. Medved continually insinuates that Paul is a “racist” and a “neo-Nazi.” Levin has explicitly said of Paul that he is “poison.” Both adamantly deny that Paul is authentic.

http://thenewamerican.com/opinion/jack-kerwick/10375-the-many-contradictions-of-the-paulophobe

Emerick
12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Great article, Sir.

bobbyw24
12-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Great article, Sir.

Yep--share it

matt0611
12-30-2011, 09:52 AM
You're spot on.

The left also contradicts themselves, they say a Paul presidency would help big business at expense of the middle class, yet businesses don't support him or his policies.

bobbyw24
12-30-2011, 07:19 PM
You're spot on.

The left also contradicts themselves, they say a Paul presidency would help big business at expense of the middle class, yet businesses don't support him or his policies.

Correct

Icymudpuppy
12-30-2011, 07:22 PM
You're spot on.

SMALL businesses support him!

georgiaboy
12-30-2011, 07:23 PM
heh, Paulophobe, love it.

georgiaboy
12-30-2011, 07:25 PM
You're spot on.

Why wouldn't big business support his de-regulatory, pro-free market agenda? Because he's anti-bailout? I didn't think all big businesses were pro-bailout.

Oh, the cronyism that some regulations provide, duh. mkay.

I'm still thinking this is a little too sweeping a generalization, though.

Hospitaller
12-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Why wouldn't big business support his de-regulatory, pro-free market agenda? Because he's anti-bailout? I didn't think all big businesses were pro-bailout.

I'm still thinking this is a little to sweeping a generalization, though.

Any big business that stands to lose more from a loss of government and regulatory co-operation than it stands to gain from freeer markets and deregulation

affa
12-30-2011, 07:32 PM
great article

Johnny Appleseed
12-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Its the fear of real change, they are comfortable in their cage, these people would have never left Europe

seapilot
12-30-2011, 08:00 PM

I'm still thinking this is a little to sweeping a generalization, though.

Most small business support him and some mid to large business that does not have their hand inside the Federal coffers. Its the big Mega Corps such as Mega Banks, Mega Industry (military arms suppliers, Pharma, Insurance,etc.) support the status quo and not RP. They have a lot to lose with more competition from less overhead smaller businesses, no more subsidies and loss of strict regulations that benefit them.

Paulitics 2011
12-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Ah! Great response. I think I'll link this as a response next time I see Ron called a kook, a lunatic, or fringe.