PDA

View Full Version : Bake Sales for Ron Paul

FireofLiberty
11-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Everyone,

I wanted to float an idea by everyone for a potential fundraising drive with a twist:

We've been doing these money bombs and while I think most of us have the ability to at least contribute some of them many supporters simply don't have the money to be part of all of them, at least 100%.

At the same time many of us can take part of in the money bombs but would still like to give even more to Dr. Paul, if only we could.

I believe I have an solution to this problem and an idea which will allow those of us who want to contribute more but can't to be able to: Bake Sales for Ron Paul.

I propose that on one day, all across the country, Ron Paul supporters come together and hold their own bake sales where they live to raise money for Dr. Paul.

I don't think this would be terribly difficult to organize considering that all it would really require would be the Meet-Up groups all agreeing to do one on the same day. In other words, the organization necessary to pull this off is already in existence, it's just a matter of doing it.

The big benefit in all this is that the bake sales would actually be able to RAISE money to donate to Dr. Paul that normally wouldn't exist in the hands of supporters to be able to give. Of course this is because bake sales make money -- they make a profit -- and that profit can be donated after a minimal initial investment is made to buy everything necessary to make the baked goods for sale. For the small initial cost of buying everything necessary we can make a lot more money for Dr. Paul's campaign.

If I recall correctly MoveOn.org organized something like this a few years back and it was highly successful and they made a lot of money.

Thoughts?

Jobarra
11-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Could fit in with this as well:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33522

American
11-09-2007, 12:27 AM
I think this is a great idea, the hard part is getting it organized offline. I think the meetup group would be the way to go though.

You could also give out RP slim jims and such. I think its great idea.

They are both great ideas, I would promote it through the meetup groups and have at it!

fj45lvr
11-09-2007, 12:39 AM
I was thinking about this type of thing.....

I was thinking maybe a movie chain could be found that would have a SCREENING of an OLD movie and Paul supporters could flock to the theater to watch the film.....the theater could do it on a really off day and they would make alot from the Concessions and the ticket price could be collected for Paul.....this could be a way to get people in that are not even in meetups.........a "classic" film that appeals to the older REPUBLICAN BASE.

Only problem would be finding a "film" because I have a feeling the new projetors require a certain type that could be expensive.

Corydoras
11-09-2007, 08:56 PM
What sort of venue can you use for holding a partisan bake sale?