PDA

View Full Version : "No One But Paul" meme gaining traction

idiom
12-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Keep it up

hxxp:// www.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/is-any-of-ron-paul-s-support-transferrable--20111230?mrefid=election2012

An unswerving loyalty to Paul, not to the Republican Party, is not uncommon among the Texas congressman’s passionate followers. His support is not easily transferrable. So while there’s no doubt Paul brings new voters into the fold, it’s unclear whether in the long term he is helping to build a broader and more diverse Republican coalition.

anewvoice
12-30-2011, 08:31 AM
I get this from many GOP friends, Ron Paul supporters don't support the party. I will typically respond that we'd likely be much more inclined to support the party if the party didn't spend so much effort ridiculing our candidate and calling us names.

Travlyr
12-30-2011, 08:36 AM
No One But Paul is working because Ron Paul is the only Republican in the race. Republican Party Platform (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29639#ixzz1hnH3gdcq)

All the others are Democrats running on the Republican ticket.

Rincewind
12-30-2011, 08:36 AM
The problem with this, as I suggested in another thread, is that it might give the impression that we wouldn't support the right kind of GOP candidate for Congress or for state offices. The concept is supposed to apply to the presidential race, but it's very easy for people to interpret this as "we don't care about any politics that don't involve Ron Paul."

donnay
12-30-2011, 10:11 AM
No One But Paul is working because Ron Paul is the only Republican in the race. Republican Party Platform (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29639#ixzz1hnH3gdcq)

All the others are Democrats running on the Republican ticket.

Not a plug nickles difference between the two!!

No One But Paul!!

blazeKing
12-30-2011, 10:14 AM
I'd be more inclined to support the party if they were more inclined to support freedom and liberty. Unfortunately there has never been a Republican to reduce the size of the federal government or the debt so I remain independent.

pacu44
12-30-2011, 10:15 AM
No One But Paul.

Brett85
12-30-2011, 10:15 AM
I get this from many GOP friends, Ron Paul supporters don't support the party. I will typically respond that we'd likely be much more inclined to support the party if the party didn't spend so much effort ridiculing our candidate and calling us names.

Exactly. I would consider supporting the GOP nominee if the GOP establishment didn't treat Ron Paul and us with such disrespect. If the GOP would actually treat us with respect and at least meet us in the middle on foreign policy issues, I would vote for the GOP nominee. But that's not going to happen.