PDA

View Full Version : Politico Poll: Will Ron Paul's foreign policy stance hurt his chances?

Dianne
12-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Politico.com

Poll is on right side near bottom.

CaptUSA
12-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Voted.

Paul's problem?
Will Ron Paul's foreign policy stances hurt his chances in the early states?

Results are based on 5930 votes
Yes -- He's too far outside the mainstream. 61%
No -- The electorate is ready for new ideas. 36%
I'm not sure. 1%

Need more votes...

refuge
12-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Poll aside, I'm hearing this argument all over the place now, from fox news to my parents.

Living in the blue state, I've been conditioning myself to debate Paul's economic issues with liberals, but maybe I should start reading up on how to defend Paul's economic policies -- maybe something similar to what Doug Wead said in that Fox interview the other day.

Also, voted and:
I'm not sure. 1%

undergroundrr
12-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Besides voting in the online poll, this needs debunking. According to a CBS story today -

"A recent Washington Post/ABC News poll found that nearly half of Republican voters feel Paul's foreign policy views are a major reason not to vote for him."

So, if less than half of REPUBLICANS have a problem with it, surely it's hardly a barrier at all for the general electorate. It's why he can beat Obama.

Dary
12-30-2011, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure. 1%
Results are based on 6031 votes

UtahApocalypse
12-30-2011, 07:26 AM
wish there were comments. Here would be mine:

"The exact opposite. Ron Paul's poilicy is the only one that can win the GOP the Whitehouse. More importantly though it is the only policy that will keep America safe."

Travlyr
12-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Poll aside, I'm hearing this argument all over the place now, from fox news to my parents.

Living in the blue state, I've been conditioning myself to debate Paul's economic issues with liberals, but maybe I should start reading up on how to defend Paul's economic policies -- maybe something similar to what Doug Wead said in that Fox interview the other day.

Also, voted and:
I'm not sure. 1%
"Gold, Peace, and Prosperity (http://mises.org/books/goldpeace.pdf)" by Ron Paul will bring you right up to speed on his economic policy by this afternoon.
"A Foreign Policy of Freedom (http://mises.org/books/foreign_policy_freedom_paul.pdf)" by Ron Paul is a foreign policy of "Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship." Who doesn't want that?

Doctor Paul's economic and foreign policies are closely aligned with what the Republican Party Platform (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29639#ixzz1hnH3gdcq) once was.

Emerick
12-30-2011, 07:50 AM
We all knew this is going to happen. The MSM is pushing hard fear strategy. The campaign should have had clarifyied things earlier, as some people have been saying for so long. There are a lot of ways of doing this: Ron writing articles, making ads, make a DVD etc. There is a lot of things to do. And, unfortunately, the campaign has done almost anything about this.

Travlyr
12-30-2011, 07:55 AM
We all knew this is going to happen. The MSM is pushing hard fear strategy. The campaign should have had clarifyied things earlier, as some people have been saying for so long. There are a lot of ways of doing this: Ron writing articles, making ads, make a DVD etc. There is a lot of things to do. And, unfortunately, the campaign has done almost anything about this.
How do you get the media to stop lying?

If they would just tell the truth, then "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" - Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship" would be quite popular with voters instead of people saying, "I disagree with his foreign policy"

The fight is honesty vs. dishonesty and that is not just the job of the campaign. That responsibility is ours.

nextjin
12-30-2011, 08:11 AM
I've been thinking now would be a good time to release his books online in pdf format free of charge. I have them all but if he posted them and started spreading the link to fb, email, etc. It might be something to think about, or the prime highlights or something but the 50's book should be the whole thing.

Emerick
12-30-2011, 08:14 AM
How do you get the media to stop lying?

If they would just tell the truth, then "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" - Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship" would be quite popular with voters instead of people saying, "I disagree with his foreign policy"

The fight is honesty vs. dishonesty and that is not just the job of the campaign. That responsibility is ours.

I agree that that's is IN PART our responsability. But that's the campaign responsability too. Right now, foreign policy is probably the only thing that is preventing Ron to get a great surge. If he can clarify his ideas about Iran, about war in general, about 9/11 etc., then there is almost nothing that can stop him.

They tried the racist bogus. They failed. Now, ALL the media, ALL other candidates, ALL "conservative" talking heads are doing the war propaganda, using the fear strategy. Basically, what they are saying is this: if Ron wins, you will die, because they will let everybody nuke America. Once they do this, the rational debate is over. They are appealing to people's most basic animal instinct: the instinct of survival. And that's the big issue.

So, Ron must defend himself. And must defend himself bu attacking very hard. He must use O'Reilly against himself, quoting him saying that an attack against Iran would mean World War III and the price of gas would skyrocket, destroying America's economy. He must call out the Iraq fiasco very strongly. That's something he and the campaign could do.

Of course, we ourselves must do it too, but what we do doesn't get media coverage. But Ron can get it, using a strong web ad with a strong shortened TV version - just like happened with Serial Hypocrasy. That's the point.

Emerick
12-30-2011, 08:15 AM
I've been thinking now would be a good time to release his books online in pdf format free of charge. I have them all but if he posted them and started spreading the link to fb, email, etc. It might be something to think about, or the prime highlights or something but the 50's book should be the whole thing.

Totally agreed.

bronxboy10
12-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Voted. Still 62% Yes to 36% No :(

refuge
12-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Voted. Still 62% Yes to 36% No :(
At this point, I think the poll may have gotten frozen.