PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann Paul poached Sorensen after her campaign SURGED ! LMAO

Dianne
12-30-2011, 06:54 AM
The narcissist Bachmann surged from 9.6% to 10% for a brief period of time which caused Ron Paul to steal her staff lmao !!!!

12:08 PM – 12/29/2011
Bachmann Says Paul Poached Sorensen After Her Campaign 'Surged'
Michele Bachmann is now claiming that her Iowa campaign chairman was poached by the Ron Paul campaign after she gained "tremendous momentum" following the most recent GOP debate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/27/iowa-caucus-2012-live_n_1170077.html?ref=politics#57_bachmann-says-paul-poached-sorensen-after-her-campaign-surged

During an interview Thursday with WHO Radio's Jan Mickelson, Bachmann said Kent Sorensen was approached by the Ron Paul campaign after her poll numbers "surged" following Fox News' Sioux City debate.

"We were gaining tremendous momentum in all 99 counties," Bachmann said. "People were flipping away from Ron Paul, they were coming and deciding to vote for Michele Bachmann, and that was when the Ron Paul campaign offered money."

According to RealClearPolitics' poll average data, Bachmann's numbers did see a temporary jump following the debate. On the day it occurred, December 15, Bachmann averaged 9.6 percent in Iowa. She jumped up to 10 percent on December 17, but was down to 9.7 percent on December 19. Paul, however, did not dip in the polls. He averaged at 16.6 percent on the day of the debate, 18.7 percent on December 17, and 21.7 percent on December 19.

Bachmann also reiterated her claim that Sorensen had personally told her that he planned to back Paul.

"He told me himself that he was offered a lot of money by the Ron Paul campaign," Bachmann said to Mickelson.

Sorensen told HuffPost on Wednesday that he did not notify Bachmann before making his decision.

-- Mollie Reilly

gaazn
12-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Just a distraction. She got thrown under the bus, so now trying to play the victim card. If the guy wanted to help, he should have just quit her campaign and not join anyone else's. Just caused unnecesssary distraction.

Student Of Paulism
12-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Has anyone not realized that this was a plan from the start and that the campaign fell for this stupid stunt? Let's be serious here for a sec. Now, we all know how desperate they are to stop Ron from taking IA, right? Without naming the 20 or so things they did to try to make that happen, leading up to the Sorenson defection, the smears with the newsletter didn't work. So, since time is running short here, how convenient that this guy decides to 'defect' (Bachmann and her team already knowing this ahead of time...i did find it odd he was at her rally just 10 mins before going to Ron's). In the way i see it, they had him go there, with the goal of coming out the next day saying he did it for money, then he would deny it, then another would defend him, he would quit too, and then Michelle would go on 10 different radio and cable news programs (which she did) saying that Ron is dangerous, she is gaining tremendous traction, that his campaign was sinking after she 'pwned him' in the last debate (she didn't), blah blah blah. She repeated all those things dozens of times in the same interviews, EMPHATICALLY.

So yea, one may think it makes her look bad and that she is the one falling apart, but look...she isnt going anywhere. Everyone knows, including her and her staff, that it's over. So them leaving/quitting doesnt matter, so why not muster up some clever plan to make Ron look bad, and sway a bunch of sheep voters to her side, in order to keep Mitt in 1st place (or closer to it), and stop them from going to Ron?

Now yea, sure, say i have a tin foil hat on, but seriously, why wouldnt this be a likely situation? We all know the games and dirty tricks and conniving that goes on in politics, and all the crap they have up their sleeves, right? And stopping Ron from taking first is their primary objective and all these little other things happening just seem too convenient.

Kords21
12-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Has anyone not realized that this was a plan from the start and that the campaign fell for this stupid stunt? Let's be serious here for a sec. Now, we all know how desperate they are to stop Ron from taking IA, right? Without naming the 20 or so things they did to try to make that happen, leading up to the Sorenson defection, the smears with the newsletter didn't work. So, since time is running short here, how convenient that this guy decides to 'defect' (Bachmann and her team already knowing this ahead of time...i did find it odd he was at her rally just 10 mins before going to Ron's). In the way i see it, they had him go there, with the goal of coming out the next day saying he did it for money, then he would deny it, then another would defend him, he would quit too, and then Michelle would go on 10 different radio and cable news programs (which she did) saying that Ron is dangerous, she is gaining tremendous traction, that his campaign was sinking after she 'pwned him' in the last debate (she didn't), blah blah blah. She repeated all those things dozens of times in the same interviews, EMPHATICALLY.

So yea, one may think it makes her look bad and that she is the one falling apart, but look...she isnt going anywhere. Everyone knows, including her and her staff, that it's over. So them leaving/quitting doesnt matter, so why not muster up some clever plan to make Ron look bad, and sway a bunch of sheep voters to her side, in order to keep Mitt in 1st place, and stop them from going to Ron?

Now yea, sure, say i have a tin foil hat on, but seriously, why wouldnt this be a likely situation? We all know the games and dirty tricks and conniving that goes on in politics, and all the crap they have up their sleeves, right? And right, stopping Ron from taking first is their primary objective and all these little other things happening just seem too convenient.

I think you're giving Bachman too much credit here. Given how she's ran her campaign, I highly doubt she'd come up with something so devious and fairly complex. Once the books are opened and it's proven that Sorenson was paid nothing, she comes out looking even dumber than what most people may think already. Sometimes a defection is just a defection. Maybe Sorenson saw something at that campaign event that was the last straw for him.