PDA

View Full Version : IDEA about card placings

son of liberty
11-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I've seen the Ron Paul postcards you can buy by the stack (hundreds), might be a good idea to plant them into books at bookstores. Starting with Ron's Book, and placing them into books about America, Economics, etc. It is a little subversive, but I don't think anybody would get too upset about it. Kind of like when you open a magazine and the little cards fall out.

What do you think???

RP4ME
11-08-2007, 11:27 PM
I thought you were speaking of seating arrangements on turkey day

Dorfsmith
11-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I've seen the Ron Paul postcards you can buy by the stack (hundreds), might be a good idea to plant them into books at bookstores. Starting with Ron's Book, and placing them into books about America, Economics, etc. It is a little subversive, but I don't think anybody would get too upset about it. Kind of like when you open a magazine and the little cards fall out.

What do you think???

I've been putting slim jims in all the political books at my local thrift shops. I discovered the idea when I was digging through a stack of books and found Ron Paul stuff in them. Somebody else is working in my area and it's not anybody from my meetup group :D

son of liberty
11-08-2007, 11:31 PM
The more I think about it the more I'm liking this idea. You know for sure, you're getting the target audience. Likely voters, self-educating people, etc.

lastnymleft
11-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I think that this is a terrific idea, too. Perhaps, though, there could be a Ron Paul bookmark created by some of these people producing some of the merchandise? That way they're less likely to throw it out, and will look at it far more often over the numerous hours that they are reading the book.

Corydoras
11-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Liberty cards work really well for this, and are smaller and easier to carry

Just the other day I found myself alone in a doctor's waiting room, and put a liberty card in every one of the dozens of magazines there! I put liberty cards in magazines in waiting rooms every chance I get, which is pretty often.

I would not be comfortable doing it in my local Barnes and Noble or Borders, though-- I have the feeling they are big into surveillance and I don't want to get thrown out.

hutch
11-10-2007, 02:43 PM
I worked up a rough draft of a bookmark. Please make any suggestions for improvement.
http://libertyhq.com/photos/hutch/images/34/original.aspx

PrintPlace.com is one place I found that could print this for less than 10 cents each I believe.

lastnymleft
11-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I worked up a rough draft of a bookmark. Please make any suggestions for improvement.
<SNIP>

PrintPlace.com is one place I found that could print this for less than 10 cents each I believe.

That's terrific! But why stop there? Bookmarks have two sides! It'll be more expensive, for sure, but we've got a lot to say about Our Ron!

Is there a central repository for all this fantastic artwork that is being created? It'd be good if we had a "Resources" section somewhere where we could go, pick proofed digitals that we could send to our local printers for manufacture.

ItsTime
11-10-2007, 07:28 PM
best place I have found to put them is walking up to people face to face and handing them one

ladyliberty
11-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Dont forget - Libraries have lots of books too!

nullvalu
11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
You could also put them in magazines.. particularly business, economic, gun & political magazines..