PDA

View Full Version : RP Supporters buy CD of Kelly Clarkson to show their support

european
12-30-2011, 01:05 AM
This movement continues to amaze me. When I think I have seen it all, I see a type of activisme I havenīt seen before.
What happened? Kelly Clarkson endorses dr Paul, then she get hatetweets, and Paul supporters go buy her album to show their gratidute of and support for Kelly Clarkson.

Read the comments on Amazon for instance:

"I have always liked Kelly Clarkson but never owned a cd of hers. I probably wouldnt have bought this except for the fact that she is taking a lot of flak for endorsing Ron Paul. I want to show some support. I know I'm not the only one grateful for anyone willing to take some heat for caring about the fate of our wonderful country that has fallen into the hands of madmen. Thanks Kelly."

"just bought her album. love it! She has great originality and the songs are catchy. Ron Paul 2012!! Go girl! "

"Just bought it. You go girl, for speaking your mind and the truth. Keep it up. Thank you for supporting Ron Paul!!
Here comes the RP Army."

"Thank you Kelly for supporting Ron Paul, we've got your back!! Don't let the media get you down, be true to yourself and your beliefs."

source for more comments: http://www.amazon.com/Stronger-Deluxe-Version-Kelly-Clarkson/product-reviews/B005HQ5S3G/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Read more about Kelly Clarkson endorsement: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?343243-Breaking-News-Kelly-Clarkson-endorses-Ron-Paul!

:D

Jeremy
12-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Better to donate the money to the campaign. I watched her songs on YouTube though, lol.

qwerty
12-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Better to donate the money to the campaign. I watched her songs on YouTube though, lol.

AMEN!

i donīt undertand why people have so hard time to focus on get Ron Paul elected! Do the things that will get him elected!

european
12-30-2011, 01:25 AM

AMEN!

i donīt undertand why people have so hard time to focus on get Ron Paul elected! Do the things that will get him elected!

Although I do agree with both of you, I do believe that showing support to public figures help. It is the thinking of a nation that has to be changed. That's why this is more of a movement then just a political campaign. It is truly a revolution that is happening, and if this can be done without bloodshed it is an unique happening and the American people can be very proud of themselves. But for this to be able to happen, I think, a broad base of support in all walks of like is needed.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-30-2011, 01:31 AM
I can only assume these are people not connected to this board, or else they'd be donating their extra cash to the campaign or RevPAC.

RDM
12-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Although I do agree with both of you, I do believe that showing support to public figures help. It is the thinking of a nation that has to be changed. That's why this is more of a movement then just a political campaign. It is truly a revolution that is happening, and if this can be done without bloodshed it is an unique happening and the American people can be very proud of themselves. But for this to be able to happen, I think, a broad base of support in all walks of like is needed.

Ha Ha!! It's nice to see someone with a brain around here and a join date of 2007 to boot. Double Rep +.....if I could

BamaAla
12-30-2011, 03:01 AM

Already did that; it isn't going to hurt for me to pick up 3 or 4 Clarkson albums too!

qwerty
12-30-2011, 03:08 AM
excuse me, but WHEN CAMPAIGN DOES WELL the endorsements will come whatever you buy her cdīs or not...

Key thing is that the campaign is doing well...

Miguel
12-30-2011, 03:22 AM
It Will be a BIG DEAL!!! If her sound scan numbers move UP! Think of it as mass advertising on the cheap!

Miguel
12-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Kelly's latest album now up to 19! on amazon

milo10
12-30-2011, 05:06 AM

+rep. Kelly is being made an example of, so we have to make an example right back that we'll support her. This is similar to what happened to the Dixie Chicks in the early days of the Iraq war, which definitely affected celebrities coming forward against the war for some time thereafter.

In short, this is an important front, and a lot bigger than one pop star. We have to show that we know how to fight back everywhere.

joshnorris14
12-30-2011, 05:11 AM
AMEN!

Simply getting Paul elected isn't going to change anything.

People buying her album because they think it is the right thing to do isn't the grand negative you make it out to be. Perhaps you should stop being so pretentious and show the same good faith that everyone of us is showing towards Kelly Clarkson.

qwerty
12-30-2011, 05:14 AM
when it comes to buying Kelly Clarksons CDīs, i bet she would rather like to see Ron Paul get elected than her cd sales rise...i think sheīs trying to get more support for Ron not for herself...

who needs money more campaign or kelly ? I bet Kelly would say the campaign and would like the money to go to the campaign to get the man she endorsed to get actually elected...

i think most of you miss the whole point of endorsing...

getting Ron Paul elected will change a lot cause people like to get re-elected...

ronpaulyourmom
12-30-2011, 05:36 AM
Her endorsement made the front page of yahoo, the LA times, the wash post, etc... Mentioned in these articles was the backlash against her. It's entirely possible there will be follow up articles if there's a positive response from RP supporters. It's entirely possible that there wont be too. What I do know is showing her a little love is a good thing, and helping her keep her backbone on the issue can pay off in so far as 1. she's less likely to retract her support and 2. she could help in taking the movement mainstream down the road.

Look I'm not saying we should be throwing millions of dollars at her, but lets not underestimate the importance of free/cheap media coverage.

milo10
12-30-2011, 05:41 AM
AMEN!

Maybe because we're free and creative human beings.

Maybe because our lives don't belong to the campaign.

Maybe because we are more than machines robocalling Iowa every waking minute.

Maybe because the people who come onto every thread that disparage anything other than calling Iowa or donating to the campaign create a toxic environment that makes activism for Ron seem a lot less fun.

Maybe a small part of the reason the Daily Paul gets more traffic than the Ron Paul Forums is because it is a little less toxic in that regard. Just a guess.

Maybe because we can not control 100% that he gets elected, but we can make a positive difference in every aspect of this culture.

Maybe because this battle is much bigger than one campaign. It is bigger than just politics. 2007/2008 was an electoral failure, but easily the most important campaign in decades from the standpoint of real change.

Maybe because we know that getting him elected, but not knowing how to fight a cultural and political war on every front could turn his Presidency into a disaster...a disaster that would set back libertarianism several decades. You of course know that Ron's policies would likely make things noticeably worse before they get better? That is one of the biggest battles ahead. Are you going to have a phone from home campaign to the newly unemployed?

qwerty
12-30-2011, 06:05 AM

Maybe because the people who come onto every thread that disparage anything other than calling Iowa or donating to the campaign create a toxic environment that makes activism for Ron seem a lot less fun.

Maybe a small part of the reason the Daily Paul gets more traffic than the Ron Paul Forums is because it is a little less toxic in that regard. Just a guess.

Maybe because we can not control 100% that he gets elected, but we can make a positive difference in every aspect of this culture.

Maybe because this battle is much bigger than one campaign. It is bigger than just politics. 2007/2008 was an electoral failure, but easily the most important campaign in decades from the standpoint of real change.

Maybe because we know that getting him elected, but not knowing how to fight a cultural and political war on every front could turn his Presidency into a disaster...a disaster that would set back libertarianism several decades. You of course know that Ron's policies would likely make things noticeably worse before they get better? That is one of the biggest battles ahead. Are you going to have a phone from home campaign to the newly unemployed?

And whatīs the reason for giving the money for Kelly instead of Ron ? :D

mysticgeek
12-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Yeah, save your $10-15 for the CD or download and donate directly to the campaign. It's cool she is making headlines, but she really needs to stick up for herself. She has the REVOLUTION behind her!

brenton
12-30-2011, 06:30 AM
some of you guys are way over the top. you come out like rabid animals when people spend their time or resources promoting ron paul/the liberty movement in their own way. if people want to buy her cd to show her support, who are you to demand they give it to the campaign instead? do you honestly think ron paul would be as annoying as you guys are about how we need to spend our time/resources? are we libertarians or authoritarians? lol.

supporting those who support ron paul is never a bad idea.

qwerty
12-30-2011, 06:33 AM
some of you guys are way over the top. you come out like rabid animals when people spend their time or resources promoting ron paul/the liberty movement in their own way. if people want to buy her cd to show her support, who are you to demand they give it to the campaign instead? do you honestly think ron paul would be as annoying as you guys are about how we need to spend our time/resources? are we libertarians or authoritarians? lol.

supporting those who support ron paul is never a bad idea.

you miss the point.. ofcourse people should spend their money how they want to BUT!

WHY DID KELLY ENDORSE ? CAUSE OF SHEīS RECORD SALES OR CAUSE SHE WANTS TO GET RON PAUL ELECTED ?

i think the last one, so i think Kelly would be also happier if the campaign gets the money...

You can also VOICE your support to her, i have done it several times on fb allready...

I rest my case, letīs boost Kelly record sales rather than finish the moneybomb for the campaign! :(

brenton
12-30-2011, 06:41 AM
i'm afraid you miss the point. you're nagging people to not do this, it's a big turn off.

milo10
12-30-2011, 06:41 AM
And whatīs the reason for giving the money for Kelly instead of Ron ? :D

Do you want to address any of my points?

qwerty
12-30-2011, 06:45 AM
iīm not nagging, iīm voicing different opinion. i think whatīs similar to the campaigns and Kellyīs opinion.

thought that we all want to get Ron elected ?

How the CD buying rather than thanking will help us ?

milo10
12-30-2011, 06:46 AM
i'm afraid you miss the point. you're nagging people to not do this, it's a big turn off.

Exactly. It's the negative, condescending attitude.

And frankly, I am a little embarrassed that I have even 600 posts, because the people I see doing this over and over have many thousands of posts, as if posting here was a particularly valuable use of time.

brenton
12-30-2011, 06:47 AM
word games. whatever you're doing, you're complaining that people don't see eye to eye with you and are using their money as they see fit.

milo10
12-30-2011, 06:56 AM

Could I sticky a thread that people should start limiting their posts here because it is a time sink? Also, your frankly high server bills could go way down, and the money donated to these forums could instead go to the Ron Paul campaign.

qwerty
12-30-2011, 06:56 AM
word games. whatever you're doing, you're complaining that people don't see eye to eye with you and are using their money as they see fit.

LOL! Who is playing word games ?

If buying Kellyīs cdīs would get Ron Paul elected, i think we should do it.

Endorsements come when the campaign does well, campaign does well when they have money and supporters volunteering.

Miguel
12-30-2011, 07:27 AM
FYI Kelly Clarkson will be on Saturday Night Live! on 1/07/12

Miguel
12-30-2011, 07:36 AM
Kelly's latest album is now up to #17 on amazon!

bubbleboy
12-30-2011, 07:38 AM
17th on amazon 7:30 cst 12-30

Rincewind
12-30-2011, 07:47 AM
It's good PR. A lot of people out there are under the false assumption we're a bunch of arrogant ponces, to the point where even CNN assumed last night that the people insulting Clarkson were Ron Paul supporters.

It's not like those reviews and comments and sales are going to be any kind of earth-shattering revelation, but it helps.

Miguel
12-30-2011, 08:09 AM
♥ Kelly Clarkson Musicbomb ♥

http://www.dailypaul.com/197386/kelly-clarkson-musicbomb#comment-2062950

Miguel
12-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Kelly now up to #14 @mazon!

bronxboy10
12-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Didn't buy a CD but I left an amazon review :)

Joe3113
12-30-2011, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3hkI3YGEQY

Joe3113
12-30-2011, 10:43 AM
It's good PR. A lot of people out there are under the false assumption we're a bunch of arrogant ponces, to the point where even CNN assumed last night that the people insulting Clarkson were Ron Paul supporters.

It's not like those reviews and comments and sales are going to be any kind of earth-shattering revelation, but it helps.

Celebrity endorsements open Ron up to new people.

Defending Clarkson allows other closet celeb RP supporters to come out of the closet.

In a celeb-obsessed culture, they can be very useful.

To those saying donate to the campaign instead. Do you recall 4 years ago when we paid hundreds of thousands for a blimp?

RyanRSheets
12-30-2011, 10:44 AM

Exactly. Kelly Clarkson is a superstar. If we can help her feel the courage to keep speaking up, that could be very beneficial.

RyanRSheets
12-30-2011, 10:45 AM
To those saying donate to the campaign instead. Do you recall 4 years ago when we paid hundreds of thousands for a blimp?

I still say the blimp was a wonderful idea! :)

milo10
12-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Didn't buy a CD but I left an amazon review :)

Okay, but please, gang, let's not make this like the O'Reilly blowback. I don't think it would be good to flood Amazon with a bunch of reviews from people who have clearly not listened to the album. With O'Reilly, it was kind of cool, because the reviews were so funny (e.g., "This book was so awful I threw up while reading it"), but here that's not going to help.

That comment is not aimed at you, but just in general. I'm willing to give Kelly a listen to, and even for those who aren't, you probably know somebody who would like her album as a late Xmas gift.

milo10
12-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Moving Kelly to #1 is huge. Even if the media tries to ignore this, the industry and big name performers will be very aware of it. They'll know that publicizing their support for Ron Paul will not only not hurt them, but can actually help them. You can't put a price tag on that!

Moreover, I really think that what they're doing to her is at least partly orchestrated, just like what happened to the Dixie Chicks. Joe Rogan did a lot more than a Tweet, and there was no negative feedback that I heard of, because you're not going to bully a good standup comedian who actually likes confrontation. Kelly is seen as an easy target. We have to show that this tactic will not work, and can even backfire on them. :D

helmuth_hubener
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM
milo10 and brenton, I agree with you.

qwerty, no one likes a wet blanket, at least not when directed at them. You are being a Debbie Downer. Sometimes you are wrong. Remember being wrong about the most effective way to promote moneybombs? Let people be wrong in their own ways without haranguing from those who should have been their friends and allies. Sometimes, they will turn out to be unexpectedly correct.

In this case, it will not even be unexpected, to me. This Clarkson character endorses Ron Paul, then suddenly her album rockets to #1 on Amazon. There are people in the music industry who will connect the dots. Maybe there will even be a news story on it which will be free advertising worth more than the total cost of the CD purchases. And there is no possible way it could turn out to be an actual negative for the campaign. Moral of the story:

If you can't say something upbeat and encouraging, don't say anything at all.

NIU Students for Liberty
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM

You cannot compare the '08 campaign to the current campaign in terms of expenditures. Do you see a blimp now? No, I see a professionally run campaign with the best organization in Iowa, second in New Hampshire, and Paul placing at least third in national polls.

Miguel
12-30-2011, 11:33 AM
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3hkI3YGEQY

fletcher
12-30-2011, 11:34 AM

Gotta agree with this post. The people that think you can only support Ron by donating to him are the people that will kill the grassroots movement.

parocks
12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
I can only assume these are people not connected to this board, or else they'd be donating their extra cash to the campaign or RevPAC.

Giving money sends to Kelly sends a signal to other musicians that it is in their financial interest to support Ron Paul. We want more musicians to support Ron Paul.

neverseen
12-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Sing along with me...

"It's my money and i'll spend how I want to, spend how I want to"

Here's something to piss everyone off in this thread. I'm not maxed out but I just bought the wife a $1,700 watch for christmas. And last night she surprised me with new wedding/engagement rings that were... pricey. The people buying the CD's are free to do so. Isn't America great? I'll continue donating to the campaign as I see fit for my budget. Not every one is okay with dropping $2,500 on a campaign. And for those that are... they are maxed out and can afford a $10 CD. Whoop ti friggin' do.

Get off your high horses and make phone calls!

bronxboy10
12-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Moving Kelly to #1 is huge. Even if the media tries to ignore this, the industry and big name performers will be very aware of it. They'll know that publicizing their support for Ron Paul will not only not hurt them, but can actually help them. You can't put a price tag on that!

Moreover, I really think that what they're doing to her is at least partly orchestrated, just like what happened to the Dixie Chicks. Joe Rogan did a lot more than a Tweet, and there was no negative feedback that I heard of, because you're not going to bully a good standup comedian who actually likes confrontation. Kelly is seen as an easy target. We have to show that this tactic will not work, and can even backfire on them. :D

+rep and agreed.

parocks
12-30-2011, 12:10 PM
you miss the point.. ofcourse people should spend their money how they want to BUT!

WHY DID KELLY ENDORSE ? CAUSE OF SHEīS RECORD SALES OR CAUSE SHE WANTS TO GET RON PAUL ELECTED ?

i think the last one, so i think Kelly would be also happier if the campaign gets the money...

You can also VOICE your support to her, i have done it several times on fb allready...

I rest my case, letīs boost Kelly record sales rather than finish the moneybomb for the campaign! :(

Boosting Kelly's record sales sends a message to other musicians that affiliating with Ron Paul is a positive for their careers. We want more tweets, more facebook posts, more performances from musicians for Ron Paul. The way to achieve that is to benefit the musician. This seems to benefit the musicians.

milo10
12-30-2011, 12:12 PM
We just made Drudge thanks to all of you! It's covered in another thread here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?343803-ON-DRUDGE-Kelly-Clarkson-s-Stronger-rises-up-chart-after-Paul-praise...

Drudge linked directly to this Movers and Shakers section on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/movers-and-shakers/music/ref=zg_bs_tab

Matt reported on this before there was even a third party article about it! :D

Drex
12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
We just made Drudge thanks to all of you! It's covered in another thread here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?343803-ON-DRUDGE-Kelly-Clarkson-s-Stronger-rises-up-chart-after-Paul-praise...

Drudge linked directly to this Movers and Shakers section on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/movers-and-shakers/music/ref=zg_bs_tab

Matt reported on this before there was even a third party article about it! :D

Wow + 288% and 178% amazing!

georgiaboy
12-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Anybody care to wager what one Kelly Clarkson tweet did for the Ron Paul campaign that none of our contributions could do?

Anybody care to wager what Kelly Clarkson might do or have done for the campaign, either publicly or privately or monetarily, that none of our campaign contributions could've done?

It's myopic to think that PFH and donating are the ONLY things we should be doing or that Kelly Clarkson should somehow not get some deserved thanks by buying her songs.

wgadget
12-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Anybody care to wager what one Kelly Clarkson tweet did for the Ron Paul campaign that none of our contributions could do?

Anybody care to wager what Kelly Clarkson might do or have done for the campaign, either publicly or privately or monetarily, that none of our campaign contributions could've done?

It's myopic to think that PFH and donating are the ONLY things we should be doing or that Kelly Clarkson should somehow not get some deserved thanks by buying her songs.

Over 900,000 followers.

enjerth
12-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Ha Ha!! It's nice to see someone with a brain around here and a join date of 2007 to boot. Double Rep +.....if I could

I agree. If she shrinks away from spotlight from the flak she takes for endorsing Ron Paul, Ron Paul also takes a hit. If we support her as she supports Paul, show a bit of our strength to the world, that the movement is bigger than the media, then we are close to victory.

sailingaway
12-30-2011, 12:40 PM
I agree. If she shrinks away from spotlight from the flak she takes for endorsing Ron Paul, Ron Paul also takes a hit. If we prop her up support her defense of Ron, and show our strength to the world, that the movement is bigger than the media, then we are close to victory.

fify

amonasro
12-30-2011, 12:42 PM

This. I couldn't agree more.

enjerth
12-30-2011, 12:44 PM
fify

Right. I mean that, as an advocate, she has a much greater podium than any of us, and we should support her as long as she's supporting our candidate.

Matthew Zak
12-30-2011, 12:46 PM
No. Donate to the campaign.

In fact, if you thought buying her CD would be more valuable to getting Ron Paul elected, donate to the campaign twice.

bronxboy10
12-30-2011, 12:47 PM
hxxp://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/30/kelly-clarkson-loses-some-fans-over-her-endorsement-ron-paul/

Sara Spafford Freeman, a 33-year-old communications consultant, has been a Kelly Clarkson fan since the singer’s "American Idol" days. But after she saw Clarkson’s Twitter endorsement of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, Spafford Freeman decided she could no longer endorse Clarkson.
“I used to like Kelly Clarkson. But I can't like anyone who is either ignorant enough or arrogant enough to endorse a candidate like Ron Paul,” Spafford Freeman told Fox411 on Thursday from her home in Minnesota. “I have listened to ‘Since You've Been Gone’ for the last time.”
Spafford Freeman’s comments are just part of the pushback the platinum-selling superstar and inaugural "American Idol" winner has been getting since she announced her support of Paul Wednesday night.
"I love Ron Paul,” Clarkson tweeted. “I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he's got my vote. Too bad he probably won't."
Many of Clarkson’s Twitter followers immediately demanded that she retract her statement, but so far she’s refused.
Among Clarkson’s critics on Twitter was user @kat_george, who tweeted:
Ew just found out Kelly Clarkson luvs Ron Paul lyk, 4eva and stuff. Soz Kelly, not your fan anymore.
And there was this one from @waflanagan:
Oh Jebus Kelly Clarkson is a Ron Paul fan. My love for you has taken a severe hit, Kelly...
Paul, who like Clarkson hails from Texas, has been roundly criticized over the last few weeks for having published a series of newsletters in the 1980s and ’90s that included racist and homophobic remarks. The newsletters’ content was revealed when Paul ran for president in 2008, but they got less attention because the congressman was never a front-running candidate.
Polls currently show Paul neck-and-neck in next week’s Iowa caucuses with Mitt Romney. His policy platforms include significantly cutting military spending overseas and returning the country to the gold standard.
Clarkson responded to her critics by saying that she supported Paul because of his stance on limited government.
“I am really sorry if I have offended anyone. Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women's rights, men's rights, white/black/purple/orange rights,” she tweeted after being lambasted online.
“I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he's my favorite."
Clarkson also tweeted that she had, “never heard that Ron Paul is a racist or a homophobe."
Now the question is whether her political views will alienate a considerable portion of her fan base.
“Kelly Clarkson has a very strong fan base of people who love her music and respect her as a person for her bold expression of her individuality time and time again,” says In Touch senior editor Dorothy Cascerceri. “Not every fan is going to care about her personal views, and when you have as loyal a fan base as she does, little will stop people from listening to her music, buying her CDs and music online.”
Indeed many of Clarkson’s fans stood by her on a forum on her website.
“Im glad Kelly stuck up for her opinion, that's what I love about her!" KellyFan_2011 posted Thursday afternoon on the forum. "She doesn't let any people push her around and its a really a shame, that some people rudely attack her because they have a different political opinion, she doesn't deserve that."
But not everyone agrees.
"For some Paul is seen as a homophobe and a racist. So for her fans, that may be sending them a message that she concurs with his homophobic and racist ideals," explains "Cult of Celebrity" author Cooper Lawrence. "This is a problem since she does have a wide variety of die hard fans which include gays and a wide range of ethnicities who are offended by her endorsement."

milo10
12-30-2011, 12:48 PM
No. Donate to the campaign.

In fact, if you thought buying her CD would be more valuable to getting Ron Paul elected, donate to the campaign twice.

What an intelligent response. Would you like to take part in the discussion?

kuckfeynes
12-30-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm sure in 6 pages someone has probably already mentioned this... But by buying that album, probably 10% is supporting Clarkson and 90% is supporting RCA. :eek:

bronxboy10
12-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Sales rank just had its hourly update. Clarkson's Amazon sales rank is now at 13 (was 14 last hour)! :D

eugenekop
12-30-2011, 01:30 PM
hxxp://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/30/kelly-clarkson-loses-some-fans-over-her-endorsement-ron-paul/

My god, such a bias. Just read this piece of trash.

helmuth_hubener
12-30-2011, 02:10 PM
On Drudge, i.e.: a few thousand dollars-worth of free publicity. Also, our actions counteract and expose the lie of Fox News' coverage of the endorsement.

All the Johnnie-one-note naysayers were totally wrong. You have now been proven wrong. Get a life, people. Let us be a grassroots. Let us have some fun. Let us do things which might be very effective. Anyone who comes into any thread from now on to try to put the idea down and say "just donate and phone" is officially a troll. So stop it. If you don't like an idea, just hold your peace and go to a different thread.

parocks
12-30-2011, 02:13 PM

I don't know about a wager. Kelly Clarkson is a well known person. I like how she is considered normal. People do not associate Kelly Clarkson with fringe. The opposite, actually. And it is a good thing that people who are not fringe and are well known are supporting Ron Paul openly.

parocks
12-30-2011, 02:21 PM
On Drudge, i.e.: a few thousand dollars-worth of free publicity. Also, our actions counteract and expose the lie of Fox News' coverage of the endorsement.

All the Johnnie-one-note naysayers were totally wrong. You have now been proven wrong. Get a life, people. Let us be a grassroots. Let us have some fun. Let us do things which might be very effective. Anyone who comes into any thread from now on to try to put the idea down and say "just donate and phone" is officially a troll. So stop it. If you don't like an idea, just hold your peace and go to a different thread.

I agree with you about Kelly Clarkson. But I don't agree with your blanket rule not to criticize. Any grassroots idea can be a good one, or a bad one, and the forums are a place to discuss what is a good idea and what is a bad idea.

helmuth_hubener
12-30-2011, 02:25 PM
If someone thinks an idea is bad, they should at least be able to articulate why they think it will hurt the campaign. The "criticism" of: "all this time/money should be used to donate to the official campaign and phone from home" can be used against ALL grassroots projects which are not, well, phoning from home or giving money to the official campaign. We've all heard it already. It's nonsense. It's boring. It's stupid. It needs to stop.

moderate libertarian
12-30-2011, 02:26 PM
This is second biggest headline on foxnews.com now:

Clarkson Sales Skyrocket Amid 'I Love Paul' Backlash
http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/ucat/images/root/212/96/Clarkson_20111230_121408.jpg

I knew it, her popularity will increase.

Last night when I was ordering her CD on Amazon, it had sales rank of 35 in all music. Now it has climbed up to 13.

parocks
12-30-2011, 03:00 PM
If someone thinks an idea is bad, they should at least be able to articulate why they think it will hurt the campaign. The "criticism" of: "all this time/money should be used to donate to the official campaign and phone from home" can be used against ALL grassroots projects which are not, well, phoning from home or giving money to the official campaign. We've all heard it already. It's nonsense. It's boring. It's stupid. It needs to stop.

Agree with this. We really should be rewarding people like Kelly Clarkson who stick their necks out. We want to encourage more of what Kelly Clarkson, and Michelle Branch did. It is valuable to us, and it's really not something we can buy beforehand. Kelly Clarkson is Mainstream. Not Fringe. We want to present a Mainstream image, and Kelly Clarkson is Mainstream.

klamath
12-30-2011, 03:23 PM
This was a great use of money. The money this project cost would have just run a couple of more ads that the people of Iowa and NH have already seen 50 times. This backed up a woman that has almost a million followers endorsing RP. In my opinion this was probably about the most effective grassroots projects ever pulled off. Highly effective and a huge amout of bang for the buck.

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Kelly Clarkson supported a loon that thinks we shouldn't murder those dirty Arabs, send teenagers in jail for inhaling some pot, and putting pot dealers in jail longer than cold-blooded murderers? Who the hell does she think she is?

schiffheadbaby
12-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Kelly is up to number 7

please support her if you like her.

I want her at number 1

bronxboy10
12-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you, your order has been placed.
An e-mail confirmation has been sent to you. New! Sign up for delivery updates by text for this and future orders.
Order Number: 104-5004033-2XXXXXX

1 item will be shipped to XXXXXX XXXXXX by Amazon.com. Estimated delivery: Jan. 5, 2012 - Jan. 6, 2012

braane
12-30-2011, 03:53 PM
I bought her CD. It's for a good cause!

schiffheadbaby
12-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Thank you, your order has been placed.
An e-mail confirmation has been sent to you. New! Sign up for delivery updates by text for this and future orders.
Order Number: 104-5004033-2XXXXXX

1 item will be shipped to XXXXXX XXXXXX by Amazon.com. Estimated delivery: Jan. 5, 2012 - Jan. 6, 2012

You are a GREAT AMERICAN,

let's push this babe to number 1. almost there.

she is getting tons of 5 star reviews on amazon, please leave a comment if you have the time and desire.

mosquitobite
12-30-2011, 03:58 PM
What a powerful message.

"They" think Ron Paul supporters are small and insignificant. "They" think we spam polls. "They" think he can't win.

I love this show of support. I bet Ron Paul does too. What a way to show free markets really at work!

Think about what happened to Dixie Chicks and now instead the POSITIVE support Kelly is getting. <3 <3 <3 LOVE THE GRASSROOTS! <3 <3 <3

mosquitobite
12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I own her Thankful album and absolutely love it. Guess I need to buy her new one. ;)

wxflyguy
12-30-2011, 04:01 PM
She's up to #3 on the Movers/Shakers list...I just bought the Stronger mp3 single.

One person questioned whether this was a worthy cause and would the money be better invested in the campaign? My answer is NO because this is another great and unique advertising tool that the MSM and possibly other music artists will pay attention to. Music is an amazing tap that the RP nation needs to continue to dig for with his philosophy. How many Black Eyed Peas fans would have voted for Obama had Will I AM not fully endorsed him with his own personal song.

Get Kenny Chesney or Jimmy Buffett now and you'll capture the attention of a lot of conservatives!

chudrockz
12-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Just checked on www.amazon.com and Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" (deluxe version) is now #7!!!

moderate libertarian
12-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Kelly is up to number 7

please support her if you like her.

I want her at number 1

I have a feeling she will get there in couple of days.

Move from #38 to #7 sales rank in a day is impressive.

schiffheadbaby
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM
how hard will it be to get her from number 7 to number 1?

are we talking buying 1 million CD's?

chudrockz
12-30-2011, 04:18 PM

Good question. It might be that, except that, since Ron Paul has CAUGHT ON and is ultra popular, it will be millions of people buying one cd each. :)

helmuth_hubener
12-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Maybe more like a hundred?

parocks
12-30-2011, 04:25 PM

No, not a million CDs. Not even close. This is the amazon chart, not the billboard chart. And it's quite rare when the #1 album sells 1 million on the billboard chart.

UK4Paul
12-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Absolutely agree with the people supporting this.

Free publicity... support of a Ron Paul supporter... stickin' it to the lamestream media... what's NOT to love?

Does anybody know whether amazon.co.uk sales will count to the album's ranking?

schiffheadbaby
12-30-2011, 04:29 PM
good idea, if you are foreign and can't contribute to campaign this is a great use of 12 us Dollars.

good question about amazon policy

libertygrl
12-30-2011, 04:34 PM
AMEN!

Why can't people do both? Seriously, how much time does it actually take to download/order her CD and leave a brief comment? We could use more positive exposure and if celebrities come out to endorse Dr. Paul, there could be more donations, etc., etc.,. It's all good as far as I'm concerned. :)

Rincewind
12-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Look, we've already gotten news stories on legit sites out of this.

Additionally, getting stories for buying her albums means we're also getting, by extension, even more stories about how she was attacked for saying she likes Ron Paul.

So it's not a question of whether we'll get good press out of it, because we have.

And I've always liked her music anyway.

chudrockz
12-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I actually subscribed to this thread, as well as "Liked" it on Facebook. I don't recall ever having "liked" a thread on FB before. It was pretty easy, and a good time to boot!

I wanna see KC get to #1 now, too!

schiffheadbaby
12-30-2011, 04:38 PM
continue accumulating Kelly Clarkson CD's, if she can get to number 1 from our support it will be big.

she went out on a limb for us, I'm going out on a limb for her.

chudrockz
12-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Bump-a-roo! Going out for pizza till later tonight, hope to see her at #1 on amazon when I get back!

qh4dotcom
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM
I created a RPF forum poll about this...can you all participate?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?343947-Have-you-bought-the-CD-of-Ron-Paul-supporter-Kelly-Clarkson

european
12-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey RDM, there are plenty here ;) and please don't be to harsh on people who are just overenthusiastic and think the campaign is the only way to go. I think its better to keep reminding people the endeavour we are in is huge. More people said this before: even if Paul wins, this revolution is just starting. The real battles will start only after we got our dr Paul into the oval office. The powers that be are about to loose $1.000.000.000.000,- turnover. That is a lot of business to loose from your customer. So they are afraid to loose business and will invest money to keep the status quo. So that is also why we got this MSM fighting Dr Paul.

+rep. Kelly is being made an example of, so we have to make an example right back that we'll support her. This is similar to what happened to the Dixie Chicks in the early days of the Iraq war, which definitely affected celebrities coming forward against the war for some time thereafter.

In short, this is an important front, and a lot bigger than one pop star. We have to show that we know how to fight back everywhere.
hey milo10, it seems there are plenty of people agreeing with you ;) the sales on Amazon are up 442% percent over the last 24 hours. :D It is a sign that the revolution has a widening base. Now let's hope dr Paul can get back the main parts of the Teaparty and also get the main parts of the OWS people on board. Then the movement will have huge teeth.

ps.Go Miss Clarkson!

european
12-30-2011, 05:38 PM
And what is this talking I read about her loosing subscribers? From what I can tell, the amount of her subscribers on both facebook and twitter only grew. I don't know where those journalists have learned to count :confused:

Followers 922,868. Lets keep an eye on that.
now that is 933,581
her support grew +10,713 on twitter

2,892,683 as of 2 minutes ago if anyone wants to track the likes. Seems to be getting a lot of hate from a lot of ignorant people claiming she's the ignorant one for not realizing that all republicans are racists and homophobes :rolleyes:
now that is 2,904,198
her support grew +11,515 on facebook

klamath
12-30-2011, 05:52 PM
And what is this talking I read about her loosing subscribers? From what I can tell, the amount of her subscribers on both facebook and twitter only grew. I don't know where those journalists have learned to count :confused:

now that is 933,581
her support grew +10,713 on twitter

now that is 2,904,198
her support grew +11,515 on facebook
techically they cover themselves by say she lost some. She sure did. Obamabot and neobots but gained a greater number of Paulbots

bronxboy10
12-30-2011, 06:01 PM
7 PM Update

Movers and Shakers:

2. 500% Sales rank: 6 (was 36)

Hospitaller
12-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I went on Kellys Facebook page to see the comments being made, the majority were Pro Ron Paul but afew were spewing some predictable hatred for our beloved doctor

Person:
Right wing nutter. Back Ron Paul a racist and homophobe, nice. I just snapped your CD's and erased them from my mp3 bank.

I decided to take some time out to write her a personal message to this persons Facebook.

Me:
Im sorry to hear that you broke your Kelly Clarkson CD, Kellys endorsement of Congressman and Doctor Ron Paul is a brave and patriotic action to take. In regards to the racist and homiphobic charges laid upon Doctor Paul by the mass media, it is simply a smear campaign, the writers of the articles that contain alleged Racist and/or homophobic remarks were unknown to Dr. Paul and he disowns those articles.

Ron Paul has been working hard for 30 years to do what he thinks is right to Restore Americas properity, i would plead with you to look past the latest media storys about Ron Paul and investigate him for yourself before you make any conclusions.

I would also like to point out that Ron Paul is a Gynocologist who has delivered 4000 babies.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my message.

One at a time my fellow Paul bots, One at a time.

chudrockz
12-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Back from my pizza outing with the wifey and a friend of ours, now she's #2 on Amazon!

Maybe up to #1 by morning! GOOD night! :)

angrydragon
12-31-2011, 01:41 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/35jkxzt.jpg

Amazing!

1.1,050%Sales rank: 2 (was 23)
Stronger (Deluxe Version)
~ Kelly Clarkson
4.8 out of 5 stars (317)
Audio CD

Price: $11.99

58 used & new from $8.99

eleganz
12-31-2011, 01:44 AM
i don't see the money going to waste...it is capitalizing on recent news keeping RP in the stream...also it would help other celebrities to come out out of the closet in support of RP. We know they're out there, they're just afraid to be criticized.

parocks
12-31-2011, 02:38 AM
http://webmusicvideo.com/bachmann2012/media/kunena/attachments/70/bestsellersinmusic1.jpg

http://webmusicvideo.com/bachmann2012/media/kunena/attachments/70/moversandshakers.jpg

jasonxe
12-31-2011, 02:42 AM
lets be greedy and ask her to donate to Revpac the remaining balance we need to advertise the compassionate paul ad.

parocks
12-31-2011, 02:43 AM
i don't see the money going to waste...it is capitalizing on recent news keeping RP in the stream...also it would help other celebrities to come out out of the closet in support of RP. We know they're out there, they're just afraid to be criticized.

We go to those news articles that say, oh, Kelly Clarkson lost fans, and we show them these graphics. We are mighty. There are a lot of people who make a lot of money in the record biz who try to do what we are in the process of doing. They fail, a lot, and they still get paid a butt ton, for failing to do what we did. We're the most powerful street team in the world. Back in the old days, people liked labels, they had some legitmacy. People trusted them. People trust Ron Paul now.

parocks
12-31-2011, 02:56 AM
lets be greedy and ask her to donate to Revpac the remaining balance we need to advertise the compassionate paul ad.

No. We need to think about giving her money to do something else for us. And more acts. Pay them. How many stories did we get on this Kelly Clarkson stuff? A lot. And if we hit #1, that would be amazing. #2 is also amazing. One night of tweeting gets her this. Kelly Clarkson should be treated like a tv station or the USPS. Not like "one of the rich people that we want to give a lot of money to." She is giving us value.

joshnorris14
12-31-2011, 03:03 AM
No, not a million CDs. Not even close. This is the amazon chart, not the billboard chart. And it's quite rare when the #1 album sells 1 million on the billboard chart.

Yea, Adele sold 399,000 last week and was #1 on Billboard. There is no way we could get Kelly to #1 on Billboard. But, Amazon, if we buy 50-100 more albums we could.

Mani
12-31-2011, 03:13 AM
No. We need to think about giving her money to do something else for us. And more acts. Pay them. How many stories did we get on this Kelly Clarkson stuff? A lot. And if we hit #1, that would be amazing. #2 is also amazing. One night of tweeting gets her this. Kelly Clarkson should be treated like a tv station or the USPS. Not like "one of the rich people that we want to give a lot of money to." She is giving us value.

Agreed there is value. All these positive news mentions in the media are worth more than the $10-$12 to buy her album. And some articles in places where Ron Paul's name has never been mentioned before, so there was reach to new people as well. I saw a perez hilton link talking about Ron Paul and Kelly Clarkson. Now that's an audience we've never tapped into before, LOL. The point is #1 it created great publicity, #2 it got his name mentioned with new audiences #3 it reversed some BACKLASH from some RP haters that tried to shut her down and possibly other celebrities from coming out in public support of him. In fact, it took that backlash and we made it a huge positive.

It was definitely a worthy cause IMHO, and hey we are going to get a music CD or itunes song out of it and who knows maybe if she feels some love coming from the RP corner, she might give RP some more nods in the future.

RipperNT
12-31-2011, 04:45 AM
Agreed there is value. All these positive news mentions in the media are worth more than the $10-$12 to buy her album. And some articles in places where Ron Paul's name has never been mentioned before, so there was reach to new people as well. I saw a perez hilton link talking about Ron Paul and Kelly Clarkson. Now that's an audience we've never tapped into before, LOL. The point is #1 it created great publicity, #2 it got his name mentioned with new audiences #3 it reversed some BACKLASH from some RP haters that tried to shut her down and possibly other celebrities from coming out in public support of him. In fact, it took that backlash and we made it a huge positive.

It was definitely a worthy cause IMHO, and hey we are going to get a music CD or itunes song out of it and who knows maybe if she feels some love coming from the RP corner, she might give RP some more nods in the future.

I wish, I bet she wishes that she had never said it and her label and agent are probably chastising her right now. Entertainment industry isn't too kind to Repubs. It'll be interesting to see how she is welcomed at her concerts in the future though hopefully she won't get booed. We are big but not that big.

RipperNT
12-31-2011, 05:01 AM
One thing I will say about Kelly Clarkson is that she insanely talented. I have no problems buying her products! :)

Kevin Smyth
12-31-2011, 09:02 AM
I bought the new Kelly Clarkson CD last night.

To those who don't understand why it was important for us to show support for Miss Clarkson you should consider that we have proven to the world that we have the power of a lobby and for better or worse lobbies have a tremendous amount of power in American politics.

milo10
12-31-2011, 09:25 AM
I wish, I bet she wishes that she had never said it and her label and agent are probably chastising her right now. Entertainment industry isn't too kind to Repubs. It'll be interesting to see how she is welcomed at her concerts in the future though hopefully she won't get booed. We are big but not that big.

I disagree. Ron Paul is not a normal Republican, and the anti-Drug War stance alone would make him a great deal of friends in the music industry. And I'm sure it has, they are just not as public about it as we'd like. That could soon change.

As far as controversy and media attention, the music industry is very savvy in that regard. Stars from Alice Cooper to Kiss to Madonna to rappers have thrived on controversy.

The timeframe of being a #1 hit music star in our modern culture is usually quite limited. At any time, she could go into the normal fade in the fickle market of public opinion. That has nothing to do with her considerable talent, it is just how the industry works. 20 years from now, she might still be doing concerts and have 6 more albums behind her, but the concerts will be relatively small and she will be expected to mostly play her big hits from the past 10 years, no matter how good her later work is.

Against that reality, Kelly did something impressive from a publicist's standpoint...she appealed to a very significant but undiscovered niche market, and garnered a great deal of free publicity. More importantly, she won the genuine respect of several million people, a degree of respect that doesn't come easy. This isn't the tiresome liberal posturing of Bono or Sting or Geldof that has been done to death.

I could write a lot more, but the long and short of it is that this is going to do a lot to sustain Kelly's career, because we are the future. And I'm very glad for her. :)