11-08-2007, 11:15 PM
i got hit with this

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_312000255.html

hellah10
11-08-2007, 11:15 PM
money is being refunded by the campaign...so its not even an issue

All4Paul
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
The media will run with this i suspect. They've en waiting for anything they can construe as bad for the campaign in any way. By the weekend it will be that his the whole 4.2 mill was stolen by russian mob agentc employed by Dr Paul. On a serious note i hope the campaign has it's guard up against someone infiltrating and then committing some "crime", is caught, then the media blows it up to discredit.

Chester Copperpot
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
this is already old news guys

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-08-2007, 11:33 PM
hmmmm....what kind of criminal would have to intelligence and training to be able to steal 500 credit cards, and then know how to test them all???

Why were they oversees??? This whole story does not make sense. Why would a foreign criminal test credit cards on a US presidential campaign?? If all of our candidates abide by the law, they would know every contribution is closely monitored for compliance with the law.

And if they are using a candidate, why Ron Paul? the only candidate in history to run an almost completely transparent fundraising drive??? A criminal who can steal 500 credit cards and then test them all, would not make this obvious mistake.

so.... mysterious oversees criminal targeting the only candidate who would end the Neo-Con tyranny???? what does this sound like to you?

I, for one, do not believe in coincidence. This is the true beginning of the coming attacks.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-08-2007, 11:36 PM
this is already old news guys

apathy sucks:mad:

RP4ME
11-08-2007, 11:36 PM
it was only like $5 charges

daviddee
11-08-2007, 11:38 PM

me3
11-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Already posted in the news forum. Please post to the right place! :)

Dorfsmith
11-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Welcome to every site on the internet that has a join/donation page with a merchant account of 3rd party processing.

This is a daily/hourly occurance.

Exactly. It's as simple as that.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Paulite,

The real question is why Frost bank has such lousy security that they allowed all these credit card numbers to be stolen from their bank.

This was a smear article, plain and simple. The thieves were victimizing the campaign by using their online donation form to test whether the numbers they stole were active numbers. That's why they made the little 5 dollar transactions. From what I've read, it is a common practice among credit card thieves. Clearly, these people were not trying to help Ron Paul. Because if they were, they would have donated much more than a lousy 5 dollars. I mean seriously. Think about it. If you watched the newscast, they conveniently waited until the end to say that the sum of money they were talking about, for all the cards added together, was three thousand dollars. Yet, they implied that these thieves were why we raised 4.2 million on 11/5. More than laughable, don't you think?

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :)

Dorfsmith
11-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Paulite,

The real question is why Frost bank has such lousy security that they allowed all these credit card numbers to be stolen from their bank.

This was a smear article, plain and simple. The thieves were victimizing the campaign by using their online donation form to test whether the numbers they stole were active numbers. That's why they made the little 5 dollar transactions. From what I've read, it is a common practice among credit card thieves. Clearly, these people were not trying to help Ron Paul. Because if they were, they would have donated much more than a lousy 5 dollars. I mean seriously. Think about it. If you watched the newscast, they conveniently waited until the end to say that the sum of money they were talking about, for all the cards added together, was three thousand dollars. Yet, they implied that these thieves were why we raised 4.2 million on 11/5. More than laughable, don't you think?

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :)

Exactly. All you have to do is talk to somebody who works at a bank or credit card company and they will explain that this happens thousands of times a day. The only reason it's news about Ron Paul is because somebody thought they could make him look bad. Ron Paul's campaign returned the money. It was only around $5,000 Ron Paul was making $5,000 every minute the other day. This should not be news period.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-09-2007, 12:09 AM
"Five hundred credit card numbers were stolen from Frost Bank, but fraud management teams spotted the unauthorized charges and notified customers immediately.

The bank refunded money from nearly 100 customers and canceled all 500 credit cards. Paul's campaign refunded $3,000 in stolen funds. "

they were all from the same bank all refunded imediately????????

obviously the news report was a hit piece, but what actually happened is what i'm questioning. It doesn't add up to the garden variety stolen credit card case. And the point was not how much was contributed either.

"Christine Horton of Crowley said her account was charged several times to support Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. " ---why several if they are just testing?? $3000/$5 = 600 transactions.

Would 600 transactions to one website, with a group of credit cards from ONE bank be normal credit card theft? especially with such a high profile recepient???

am i missing something?:confused: