PDA

View Full Version : NC - Mentally challenged man beaten, tasered into a coma for dialing 911 too much.

Anti Federalist
12-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Just another 6 bad apples.

:mad:

Police Taser man inside bus terminal

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

By - Gilbert Baez

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8482321

FAYETTEVILLE -- A New Jersey man is in critical condition following a struggle with Fayetteville police officers that led to him being Tasered several times.

It happened just after 4 a.m. Wednesday morning after officers were sent to the bus station on Person Street to deal with a person calling 911 repeatedly from pay phones in the building.

When they arrived, they found a man on the phone with a 911 dispatcher. Officers attempted to arrest the man for misusing the system, but they said he resisted and a physical confrontation ensued.

Family members identified the man as 47-year-old Jeffrey Cox of Asbury Park, NJ, and said he suffers from a paranoid schizophrenic mental condition.

Cox was on his way home from Florida when he stopped off in Fayetteville. Cox's family said he was mugged on December 23 and 24 and lost all his money and was stranded in Fayetteville. He also either ran out of his medication or stopped taking it.

He was apparently calling 911 because he was delusional and feared bus station employees were about to attack him.

Witnesses to the incident Wednesday morning said Cox was repeatedly hit with stun guns and beaten by officers. He was unconscious at the scene, but was resuscitated and taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he was on life support after apparently suffering cardiac arrest.

At least three officers sustained minor injuries during the struggle.

An internal investigation into what happened is ongoing. The six officers involved have been placed on routine administrative duty in the meantime.

coastie
12-29-2011, 11:30 PM

By - Gilbert Baez

FAYETTEVILLE -- A New Jersey man is in critical condition following a struggle with Fayetteville police officers that led to him being Tasered several times.

It happened just after 4 a.m. Wednesday morning after officers were sent to the bus station on Person Street to deal with a person calling 911 repeatedly from pay phones in the building.

When they arrived, they found a man on the phone with a 911 dispatcher. Officers attempted to arrest the man for misusing the system, but they said he resisted and a physical confrontation ensued.

Family members identified the man as 47-year-old Jeffrey Cox of Asbury Park, NJ, and said he suffers from a paranoid schizophrenic mental condition.

Cox was on his way home from Florida when he stopped off in Fayetteville. Cox's family said he was mugged on December 23 and 24 and lost all his money and was stranded in Fayetteville. He also either ran out of his medication or stopped taking it.

Another unfortunate victim of the War on Some Drugs-this is what the legal ones do to you, I can personally attest to witnessing the extremes these things can do to someone's personality, even after missing one dose.

flightlesskiwi
12-29-2011, 11:31 PM
good God Almighty.

in Fayettenam nonetheless.

tranquilizer darts would be more effective.

until you got shot with 6 different ones by 6 different cops.

low preference guy
12-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Another unfortunate victim of the War on Some Drugs-this is what the legal ones do to you, I can personally attest to witnessing the extremes these things can do to someone's personality, even after missing one dose.

yeah, but it's also true that some of those people are actually sick and many of them would be worse without those drugs. the brain can get messed up sometimes, and unfortunately very little is known today about how to fix it.

coastie
12-29-2011, 11:42 PM
yeah, but it's also true that some of those people are actually sick and many of them would be worse without those drugs. the brain can get messed up sometimes, and unfortunately very little is known today about how to fix it.

Some of them-maybe.

Someone I know was diagnosed as "bi-polar", no symptoms of such(besides being a normal woman) until AFTER the meds started. No grand-mal seizures until AFTER the meds started.

Other good friends and family members are slaves to their poison, I guarantee its the side effects of the very medication most people are taking that they then get diagnosed with another 'condition", which begets more meds to combat those symptoms.

One of these people is COMPLETELY off meds now-after asking 5 different doctors help her ween off the meds she was taking, and they told her to go fuck herself. We stepped her off gradually, it was REALLY hard...but you know what?

Seizure free.

"Bi-polar" free.

Side-effect free"

Fuck Big Pharma.

JakeH
12-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Just up the road from me.

Jesus, I'm embarrassed.

low preference guy
12-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Some of them-maybe.

Someone I know was diagnosed as "bi-polar", no symptoms of such(besides being a normal woman) until AFTER the meds started. No grand-mal seizures until AFTER the meds started.

i know these cases exist and that a lot are overmedicated. i also know that there are those who had really messed up symptoms before taking any medication and had improved with them. just wanted to point that out.

coastie
12-29-2011, 11:50 PM
i know these cases exist and that a lot are overmedicated. i also know that there are those who had really messed up symptoms before taking any medication and had improved with them. just wanted to point that out.

I understand and am very familiar with what you are saying...

I'm just saying the supposed benefits far outweigh the risks, as "symptoms" have been so convoluted to mean anything anymore, look at the "side effects" of most of these drugs, and then look at the "symptoms for these conditions". No, really-look them up, would take less than 10 minutes, you will find no difference.;)

coastie
12-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Because I was bored:

Symptoms
Bipolar Symptoms

The primary symptoms of bipolar disorder are dramatic and unpredictable mood swings.
Mania Symptoms

Mania symptoms may include excessive happiness, excitement, irritability, restlessness, increased energy, less need for sleep, racing thoughts, high sex drive, and a tendency to make grand and unattainable plans.
Depression Symptoms

Depression symptoms may include sadness, anxiety, irritability, loss of energy, uncontrollable crying, change in appetite causing weight loss or gain, increased need for sleep, difficulty making decisions, and thoughts of death or suicide.

http://www.medicinenet.com/bipolar_disorder/page9.htm#treatment

1. Mood stabilizing medications are usually the first choice to treat bipolar disorder. In general, people with bipolar disorder continue treatment with mood stabilizers for years. Except for lithium, many of these medications are anticonvulsants. Anticonvulsant medications are usually used to treat seizures, but they also help control moods. These medications are commonly used as mood stabilizers in bipolar disorder:

Lithium (sometimes known as Eskalith or Lithobid) was the first mood-stabilizing medication approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the 1970s for treatment of mania. It is often very effective in controlling symptoms of mania and preventing the recurrence of manic and depressive episodes.

Valproic acid or divalproex sodium (Depakote), approved by the FDA in 1995 for treating mania, is a popular alternative to lithium for bipolar disorder. It is generally as effective as lithium for treating bipolar disorder.

More recently, the anticonvulsant lamotrigine (Lamictal) received FDA approval for maintenance treatment of bipolar disorder.

Other anticonvulsant medications, including gabapentin (Neurontin), topiramate (Topamax), and oxcarbazepine (Trileptal) are sometimes prescribed. No large studies have shown that these medications are more effective than mood stabilizers.

Valproic acid, lamotrigine, and other anticonvulsant medications have an FDA warning. The warning states that their use may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviors. People taking anticonvulsant medications for bipolar or other illnesses should be closely monitored for new or worsening symptoms of depression, suicidal thoughts or behavior, or any unusual changes in mood or behavior. People taking these medications should not make any changes without talking to their health care professional.

Notice something there? My experience was with these VERY SAME MEDS, for the EXACT listed conditions...

Oh, and this part...

People taking anticonvulsant medications for bipolar or other illnesses should be closely monitored for new or worsening symptoms of depression, suicidal thoughts or behavior, or any unusual changes in mood or behavior. People taking these medications should not make any changes without talking to their health care professional._...to which the Doctors, nurses will tell you that that only happens in a small percentage of people, therefore you are imagining things-coastie.

Pericles
12-29-2011, 11:58 PM

That - my ex GF got put on a stiff dose of Cymbalta and it did not turn out well.

coastie
12-30-2011, 12:00 AM
The listed side effects for these meds are EXACTLY the same as the "symptoms" of these conditions.

coastie
12-30-2011, 12:01 AM
That - my ex GF got put on a stiff dose of Cymbalta and it did not turn out well.

I almost lost everything because of these meds-and I was not the one on them.

Pericles
12-30-2011, 12:05 AM

At least you were able to save one .....

GunnyFreedom
12-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Just up the road from me.

Jesus, I'm embarrassed.

Yeah, tell me about it. I feel double-bad because I'm trying to do something about it and have not made headway on that front yet. Just got an email asking me whatever happened to HB375 (http://ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=h375&submitButton=Go) and why didn't it get heard. :(

Voluntary Man
12-30-2011, 12:07 AM

By - Gilbert Baez

He was apparently calling 911 because he was delusional and feared bus station employees were about to attack him.

Witnesses to the incident Wednesday morning said Cox was repeatedly hit with stun guns and beaten by officers. He was unconscious at the scene, but was resuscitated and taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he was on life support after apparently suffering cardiac arrest.

An internal investigation into what happened is ongoing. The six officers involved have been placed on routine administrative duty in the meantime.

Just some roided up, costumed skinheads playing with their new toys.

Thugs will be thugs. Reminds me of 'A Clockwork Orange.'

aGameOfThrones
12-30-2011, 02:41 AM

And instead... The police did it.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2011, 02:57 AM
And instead... The police did it.

And what is the lesson learned?

Expatriate
12-30-2011, 03:05 AM
I'm starting to wonder where this will end. Is it going to take a headline like this:

Mentally Disabled Paralyzed Quadruple Amputee War Veteran Great-Grandmother Tasered and Beaten To Death By Police

before anybody is willing to stand up and agree there's an issue?

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-30-2011, 03:42 AM

Looks like he was right, except the cops were the ones dishing out the beating.

Their sustained minor injuries are from the raging erections they had while beating a civilian.

aGameOfThrones
12-30-2011, 03:47 AM

That bus station employees are far safer than police?

moostraks
12-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Some of them-maybe.

Other good friends and family members are slaves to their poison, I guarantee its the side effects of the very medication most people are taking that they then get diagnosed with another 'condition", which begets more meds to combat those symptoms.

One of these people is COMPLETELY off meds now-after asking 5 different doctors help her ween off the meds she was taking, and they told her to go fuck herself. We stepped her off gradually, it was REALLY hard...but you know what?

Seizure free.

"Bi-polar" free.

Side-effect free"

Fuck Big Pharma.

absolutely agree with you!!!!!

The solutions are being used to subdue the general public not by those most in need. It is a fradulent 'science'. The state also pays these hacks to diagnose people esp. children in the war on the family. Once someone in your family gets 'diagnosed' then they can claim your family is predisposed to mental instability and demand that based on that and one having any emotional reactions to any scenario medication is necessary. This demand can be placed upon adults as well as children. Be careful whom you trust in the medical community...

Philhelm
12-30-2011, 08:09 AM

We're running out of apples.

LawnWake
12-30-2011, 08:09 AM

Are you suggestign that, for example, something like bipolar disorder doesn't exist and is actually just the effect of taing the meds that are meant to treat it?

Occam's Banana
12-30-2011, 08:33 AM

That bus station employees are far safer than police?
(Close ....)

Never. Call. The. Cops!

Magicman
12-30-2011, 09:00 AM
They don't need meds you can use natural neurotransmitters to lower their dopamine levels, raise their acetylcholine levels and reduce oxidative stress and that can help solve the problem. Most of their problems are neurotransmitter malfunction. The drugs are unnaturally doing what can be done by other means.

satchelmcqueen
12-30-2011, 07:37 PM
this country sucks now . well, the system. cops are pussies, afraid of everything. it takes 6 to arrest 1 man? bullies!!

Voluntary Man
12-31-2011, 11:27 AM

That the Cops are the gang that likes to dress up like the Village People ... and that they, apparently, have a long-standing blood feud going with their rival gangs, the Suspects and the Bystanders.

Steve-in-NY
12-31-2011, 11:33 AM
If routine administrative duty meant jail this would happen a lot less

Voluntary Man
12-31-2011, 11:51 AM

^ yup.

AFPVet
12-31-2011, 01:37 PM

Yep!