PDA

View Full Version : Daily Paul starts music bomb in support of Kelly Clarkson

Deborah K
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Article claims Daily Paul is: "....the most popular grassroots site...." Say wut?! :p

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11192117-ron-paul-gets-kelly-clarkson-endorsementshe-gets-hate-and-love

RM918
12-29-2011, 08:24 PM
They probably are bigger than RPF, bless their wretched souls.

FA.Hayek
12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
bump, that girl needs some love.. buy her cd, like her on facebook, tweet some love

PauliticsPolitics
12-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Here's a link to the relevant DP post:
http://www.dailypaul.com/197386/kelly-clarkson-musicbomb

moderate libertarian
12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I'll buy her new CD.

Kelly should take heart, this would bring her publicity and more popularity among young music fans, many of whom are fertile RP demographic.

sailingaway
12-29-2011, 08:35 PM
They probably are bigger than RPF, bless their wretched souls.

they passed Redstate on the alexa rankings about a month ago...

opinionatedfool
12-29-2011, 08:41 PM

Alexa ratings are kind of meaningless.

eff
12-29-2011, 08:41 PM
I think I'd rather buy John Popper albums, but ok.

FA.Hayek
12-29-2011, 08:44 PM
i wonder how much crossover there is btwn the RPF and DP people?

InTradePro
12-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Save your money and donate it to the campaign or RevPac.

Buying corporate music is not the solution. Kelly is getting lots of publicity from this anyhow.

opinionatedfool
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Daily Paul Traffic Estimate
http://www.quantcast.com/dailypaul.com

Ron Paul Forums Traffic Estimate
http://www.quantcast.com/ronpaulforums.com

Redstate Traffic Estimate
http://www.quantcast.com/www.redstate.com

Melissa
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I had my 15 year old daughter buy two of her songs with the itune gift card I got her for xmas lol, but she was fine with it said she actually likes her music lol

opinionatedfool
12-29-2011, 08:50 PM
What the heck. I just went to Daily Paul and they have a Rick Santorum ad running.

Stupid.

PauliticsPolitics
12-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Yea, DailyPaul is totally MSM now. (I assume it is only a matter of time before they start pushing the Santorum "surge"!);)

Gotta come to RPF for the real underground bidnis.

PierzStyx
12-29-2011, 08:51 PM
i wonder how much crossover there is btwn the RPF and DP people?

I'm a crossover. I like a lot of their posts but like this forum arrangement a lot more. I found RPF because of Daily Paul.

PierzStyx
12-29-2011, 08:51 PM
What the heck. I just went to Daily Paul and they have a Rick Santorum ad running.

Stupid.

Its teh advertising client they run. It cycles through all the contenders, including Dr. Paul.

PauliticsPolitics
12-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Yea, DailyPaul is totally MSM now. (I assume it is only a matter of time before they start pushing the Santorum "surge"!);)

Gotta come to RPF for the real underground bidnis.

Stupid.
It's already happening!;)

opinionatedfool
12-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Its teh advertising client they run. It cycles through all the contenders, including Dr. Paul.

Yeah. Stupid. They should get another clients that allows them to block certain advertisers. It's not rocket science.

unknown
12-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Maybe we could sign up for her twitter or send her a nice note.

Money should be saved for the campaign.

Deborah K
12-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Maybe we could sign up for her twitter or send her a nice note.

Money should be saved for the campaign.

Those who can, should do both. I don't know if it's a rumor or not, but I read that her album started out at #34 today and now it's at 15.

Christopher_RC
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Those who can, should do both. I don't know if it's a rumor or not, but I read that her album started out at #34 today and now it's at 15. She started at 41 on amazon and is now 35, I think this is awesome and see no reason why people who can afford it should not support RB and send her a little love also. Her Twitter followers is also climbing fast.

JulioForPaul
12-29-2011, 09:16 PM

Stupid.

You know if we all click on Santorum ads we could help bankrupt his campaign. He doesn't have a whole lot of money to start with.

On a side note I am shocked people don't realize the Daily Paul is the biggest Ron Paul site out there. It's number one and it's not even close. You are missing out if you don't have it book marked.

georgiaboy
12-29-2011, 09:16 PM
yeah free market

Christopher_RC
12-29-2011, 10:09 PM
She is now at 29 on amazon

phill4paul
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM
WTF? Donate to the campaign or RevPac. She'll be able to compete in a free market economy if Ron wins. :rolleyes:

Deborah K
12-29-2011, 10:39 PM
WTF? Donate to the campaign or RevPac. She'll be able to compete in a free market economy if Ron wins. :rolleyes:

Some people can afford to do both. Take a chill pill. It's hard enough for high profile people to stick their necks out on this, it's risky to their careers - as is evidenced by some of the remarks made to that poor girl. Michelle Blanch is getting hammered too. It is right to support them and bolster their courage. The more high profile types that back Ron up, the greater our chances are of winning the nomination.

KCIndy
12-29-2011, 10:52 PM

Yeah. Stupid. They should get another clients that allows them to block certain advertisers. It's not rocket science.

Hey, look at it this way: Ads for Santorum, Gingrich, Romney, etc are wasted on a site like Daily Paul. It's likely that everyone there is already a Paul supporter, or leaning that way.

If the opposing campaigns are wasting their cash on ads running on Daily Paul or RPF it's an extra set of ads they can't afford to run somewhere more more productive! :D

Joe3113
12-29-2011, 10:54 PM

The media coverage will be worth millions if we get her to no1. You live in a celebrity obsessed world. Use it to your advantage. Buy the album.

Also you make it easier for other celebs to come out.

If you don't buy the album then just buy the new single for 99 cents. Or find a song that you like.

Deborah K
12-29-2011, 10:57 PM
The media coverage will be worth millions if we get her to no1. You live in a celebrity obsessed world. Use it to your advantage. Buy the album.

If you don't buy the album then just buy the new single for 99 cents. Or find a song that you like.

Thank you! +rep

Joe3113
12-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Thank you! +rep

Thanks Ms K!

speciallyblend
12-29-2011, 11:43 PM

seems like common sense to me!

TheeJoeGlass
12-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Waste of time, waste of money, and a dumb idea.

Danke
12-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Article claims Daily Paul is: "....the most popular grassroots site...." Say wut?! :p

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11192117-ron-paul-gets-kelly-clarkson-endorsementshe-gets-hate-and-love

"Paul is one of the strangest politicians in the US today. Some of his views are quite liberal while others are outright fascist IMO. It's like he has political bi-polar disorder."

what?

freeforall
12-30-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm a crossover. I like a lot of their posts but like this forum arrangement a lot more. I found RPF because of Daily Paul.

same here

eleganz
12-30-2011, 12:10 AM
my facebook and twitter following/liking her is enough to thank her...

Zoey
12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Those who can, should do both. I don't know if it's a rumor or not, but I read that her album started out at #34 today and now it's at 15.

Just bought her CD Stronger (Deluxe Edition) on Amazon. There are a lot of nice reviews and thank you's to Kelly for supporting Ron Paul! Now I am going to tweet her a TY for her support, and donate a third time to RonPaul2012. Having fun sharing the LOVE....
and spending the Christmas money from my mom :)

http://www.amazon.com/Stronger-Deluxe-Version-Kelly-Clarkson/product-reviews/B005HQ5S3G/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The latest stats:

Product Details
Audio CD (October 24, 2011)
Original Release Date: 2011
Number of Discs: 1
Label: RCA
ASIN: B005HQ5S3G
In-Print Editions: MP3 Download
Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (89 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #29 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
#2 in Music > Pop > Vocal Pop > Contemporary
#5 in Music > Broadway & Vocalists
#6 in Music > Pop > Vocal Pop > General

qwerty
12-30-2011, 12:41 AM
how about phone from home bomb ?

Joe3113
12-30-2011, 01:15 AM
"Paul is one of the strangest politicians in the US today. Some of his views are quite liberal while others are outright fascist IMO. It's like he has political bi-polar disorder."

what?

They can't work out whether to call him a right wing extremist of a left wing extremist. It's hilarious.

Zoey
12-30-2011, 01:28 AM
how about phone from home bomb ?

Been reading about it here and thinking about signing up tuesday. I hate cold calling but am inspired by the comments of others here.... and Aimee Allen's youtube vid on same!

once you get past the first round of calls it gets easier.... or maybe your skin get thicker?

Christopher_RC
12-30-2011, 02:20 AM
Stronger (Deluxe Version)
~ Kelly Clarkson now at 23 on amazon