PDA

View Full Version : Bury the fake Tea Party site on Digg!!!

Copperhed51
11-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Make sure you bury this, don't Digg it. This is NOT the OFFICIAL website for the Tea Party event and needs not be promoted. Nobody is quite sure whether the intentions are good or not but I wouldn't give my personal info to this site.

Here's the link to bury:

http://digg.com/politics/Join_the_2007_American_Tea_Party

nathanielyao
11-08-2007, 10:55 PM
My hope is that they are well meaning supporters, but I don't want to take that risk and have everyone's information phished... Please help to bury it.

American
11-08-2007, 11:02 PM
WHAO, easy I got a email from restoretherepublic.com folks, Its part of Aaron Russo's group (restoretherepublic) I dont know about the teaparty07.org site
http://www.restoretherepublic.com/

I just got an awesome YouTube Video about another Ron Paul Money bomb set to detonate on December 16, 2007 in commemoration of the Boston Tea Party.

Video and details at http://TeaParty07.org

Special thanks to Susan in Florida for the heads up!

-Gary

BiPolarBear
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
They have links to all Ron Paul sites and specify that all donations are to be made at the official site...I think everyone is overreacting here. No need to attack the same team, right?

nathanielyao
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Can people email restoretherepublic.com and find out who is behind the .ORG and .NET sites.

WHAO, easy I got a email from restoretherepublic.com folks, Its part of Aaron Russo's group (restoretherepublic) I dont know about the teaparty07.org site
http://www.restoretherepublic.com/

MO4RonPaul
11-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Oops. teaparty07.org isnt the one we should be signing up at?

Copperhed51
11-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Nope, the official site is www.teaparty07.com

I imagine the intentions of the .org site are ok but I think the effort definitely needs to be centralized and not spread out over a bunch of websites. That sort of undermines the organization of it all I think. At the same time, I guess it helps get the word out. I don't know. My video on there gives the url to the official site so hopefully people will notice that and go there.

MO4RonPaul, where you at in Missouri? I'm in Overland Park, KS.

Roxi
11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
then why does www.teaparty07.com not work?

not only that but the .org site is fine, they just get discounts for buying the .org and .net domain when they buy the .com domain

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Nope, the official site is www.teaparty07.com

I'm getting a "server not found" when I try to access this site.

V4Vendetta
11-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Aaron Russo's Gary Franchi's Group is nothing but liers and thieves .

DO NOT SIGN UP UNDER THEM

Copperhed51
11-08-2007, 11:59 PM
The official site is currently propagating and is up in some places but not yet in others. It should be up everywhere within the next day or so. There's lots of posts about this in the December 15th and December 16th sub-forum.

NinjaPirate
11-09-2007, 12:01 AM
then why does www.teaparty07.com not work?

not only that but the .org site is fine, they just get discounts for buying the .org and .net domain when they buy the .com domain

It comes and goes. flush your dns and then register it again and it should come up. I've been doing this for the past few hours.

lastnymleft
11-09-2007, 03:36 AM
flush your dns and then register it again

Care to enlighten us, oh learned one?

Shaun
11-09-2007, 03:41 AM
One Site, ONE focus.
Get on the train that's leaving with the PROVEN leaders of Nov 5th ( Trevor and team..)
teaparty07.com

(Please optimize for MAC users)
Can't see this site in LA at the moment.

Mark
11-09-2007, 03:48 AM
Care to enlighten us, oh learned one?

google "flush DNS"

http://www.tech-faq.com/flush-dns.shtml

p.s. *correction.. it's been a while..*

on your 'desktop' click: "Start" select: "Run" enter: cmd

that should open up a command window..

enter: cd \ *changes your directory to the C drive* i.e.

THEN enter: ipconfig /flushdns

you should get:

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

C:\>

foofighter20x
11-09-2007, 03:54 AM
What's "propagating" mean?

I'm not a techie. :o

Roxi
11-09-2007, 03:55 AM
still can't see it after successful DNS flush.... i also cleared my cookies, etc...

Thunderbolt
11-09-2007, 03:55 AM
Is this English?

The site does not work for me. I have emails and mailings and fliers I want to get out. Can't do anything until the site is up. I can't do whatever you folks are talking about. If the site doesn't work when you type in the address then it doesn't work. Period. So, can we get a working site. Right now, we are in very dangerous territory with a phony website out there that may or may not be nefarious. We don't dare lose anyone. We have to top what we did this week.

Great news though - heard from the campaign that today alone they got 17,000 new donors who had never donated before. That was around 3 in the afternoon. I didn't ask the figures for the past few days, but this is great news! Great!

Drknows
11-09-2007, 03:57 AM

its going through a series of tubes right now.

Also guys this has been discussed in greater detail in the donation section for the 15th and 16th, Trevor made a thread about it.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34411

Mark
11-09-2007, 04:02 AM
entered a correction for those who tried before..

Mark
11-09-2007, 04:04 AM

just.. 'spread' like.. spread around..

you know.. spread the word.. let all the DNS (Domain Name Servers) know you're there..

the DNS needs to know the IP address of the site..

like.. telling someone where you are so they can find you..

Mark
11-09-2007, 04:08 AM
Is this English?

The site does not work for me. I have emails and mailings and fliers I want to get out. Can't do anything until the site is up. I can't do whatever you folks are talking about. If the site doesn't work when you type in the address then it doesn't work. Period. So, can we get a working site. Right now, we are in very dangerous territory with a phony website out there that may or may not be nefarious. We don't dare lose anyone. We have to top what we did this week.

Great news though - heard from the campaign that today alone they got 17,000 new donors who had never donated before. That was around 3 in the afternoon. I didn't ask the figures for the past few days, but this is great news! Great!

I could do a re-direct through a hosting account.. but.. it's more trouble than it's worth.. it SHOULD propagate soon everywhere UNLESS there are shenanagins afoot..

it took a couple of days for my last domain name to propagate..

but.. I doubt it in terms of propagation.. that would take sophisticated
interference on the level of Gov involvement ect

Mark
11-09-2007, 04:11 AM

again if you missed it and didn't check.. I messed up the first directions..

google "flush DNS"

http://www.tech-faq.com/flush-dns.shtml

p.s. *correction.. it's been a while..*

on your 'desktop' click: "Start" select: "Run" enter: cmd

that should open up a command window..

enter: cd \ *changes your directory to the C drive* i.e.

THEN enter: ipconfig /flushdns

you should get:

Windows IP Configuration

C:\>

then enter: exit (closes the command screen/window)

Taco John
11-09-2007, 04:14 AM
hey, at least this one is up.

lastnymleft
11-10-2007, 10:43 PM
.you should get:

Windows IP Configuration

Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during execution.

:-(

Not to worry. Site is up now, anyway.