PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney "Ron Paul's Not Going to Be Our Nominee"

Agorism
12-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Romney: "Ron Paul's Not Going to Be Our Nominee"
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/12/29/romney_ron_pauls_not_going_to_be_our_nominee_11257 9.html

http://images.rcp.realclearpolitics.com/117682_5_.jpg

LATIMER, Iowa -- In an interview with RealClearPolitics on Thursday, Mitt Romney dismissed any possibility that Ron Paul might win the Republican nomination.

"Ron Paul's not going to be our nominee," Romney said aboard his campaign bus, en route to a rally in Ames.

Romney and Paul are currently tied in the latest RCP Iowa polling average.

Romney’s comment came in response to a question about whether Paul’s foreign policy views might endanger the nation’s security if he were elected president.

The former Massachusetts governor said that he disagreed with many of Paul’s positions on international affairs.

“I’m going to say what I’ve said before, which is I’ll support our Republican nominee,” Romney said.

In the interview, Romney touched on a wide range of issues, including whether the notion of “too big to fail” still applies to the country’s largest banks.

Romney came out in favor of a campaign finance system that allows for unlimited individual contributions to candidates and said that Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin “has shown his colors as someone who would like to return to the glory days of the Soviet Union of the past.”

“I hope the Russian people are able to find leaders that are more willing to represent the interests of the people,” Romney said.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Enemy #1

RDM
12-29-2011, 04:18 PM
When you're in the know and part of the "system", you can make absolute statements like that.

IDefendThePlatform
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Romney came out in favor of a campaign finance system that allows for unlimited individual contributions to candidates and said that Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin “has shown his colors as someone who would like to return to the glory days of the Soviet Union of the past.”

“I hope the Russian people are able to find leaders that are more willing to represent the interests of the people,” Romney said.

For pete's sake. Can the guy go 2 freaking days without trying to pick a fight? Enough already.

specsaregood
12-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Like my pappi used to say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Paulitics 2011
12-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Newt said the same. I think he regrets it.

spudea
12-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Dear Mitt:

You were confident you were gonna be the nominee in 2008, you were wrong then and you are wrong now.