PDA

View Full Version : Internet: Ron Paul getting some love from the anti-sopa crowd!

Jandrsn21
12-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Here is an article I saw posted over at Max Keiser's website. This issue along with Paul's stance against it may help win over even more dems, indies, and maybe even some conservatives that are concerned about this legislation.

LINK (http://torrentfreak.com/presidential-candidate-ron-paul-slams-sopa-111229/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

Pierre_M
12-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Good to see this. The SOPA has many people that I know of running scared. Personally, I don't know how the internet could survive it. I had a friend predict that if it passed companies like google would uproot and leave the US to avoid the problems it would bring.

The SOPA and the COICA before it, both lead me to wonder if we are headed toward a china-like internet experience.

Jandrsn21
12-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Good to see this. The SOPA has many people that I know of running scared. Personally, I don't know how the internet could survive it. I had a friend predict that if it passed companies like google would uproot and leave the US to avoid the problems it would bring.

The SOPA and the COICA before it, both lead me to wonder if we are headed toward a china-like internet experience.'

I think the end goal would be the china internet model. It would just happen much slower. The bill would pass and they would sit on the laws for a few months. Then MSM would come out and call us all lunatics for thinking of SOPA so badly. Then the creep would come, year after year after year, you could see more and more. 5 years from now the things could be totally different. That is the route they would want to take it. We could however see a much larger backlash, greater than anything we've seen for an issue before. I personally believe internet freedom is as strong an issue as the 2nd amendment rights. Except it isn't only the right screaming, you could have every single facet of society merging to protect the internet.