PDA

View Full Version : Nh no longer important, SC and FL are the prizes

damiengwa
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Just think about this rationally. The media will discount any Paul win, so we will never catch the media momentum so many of you think RP will magically catch after an Iowa win.

Nh is the smallest prize in terms of delegates. SC is big and FL is huge by comparison. Ron should spend his time in Iowa right up to the caucus then head south and work SC and FL.

You know I'm right just think it thru!

damiengwa
12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
All I'm sayin is that nh has few delagates and is inundated with competing campaigns. This is going to be a long fight for delegates.

Right now the best bang for the buck could be found down south

zerosdontcount
12-29-2011, 04:11 PM
They are all important though. SC and Florida do need much more attention in my opinion because there isn't much time between the Caucuses/Primary

Pennsylvania
12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
IMO we will gain more momentum if we take Iowa and the Media discounts it. That'll just piss people off. But I agree on SC vs NH. Ultimately though, I trust the campaign managers and I'll direct my resources where they feel they are necessary.

libertythor
South Carolina and Florida will require a lot of funding. Hopefully the next moneybomb is huge.

muh_roads
Winning NH after Iowa would've been great for media coverage though. It's a shame we can't tout that narrative anymore.

damiengwa
Yes, open the southern flank now!! An expected Iowa win can't close a 15 point deficit in Nh!

braane
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM
New Hampshire is so important(even with it giving out the least delegates). It would be hard to ignore a Paul win in Iowa + NH... no matter how much the media wanted to. Besides, the medias argument has been "Paul can't win anywhere else". If he won New Hampshire, they would look pretty dumb to say it didn't matter.

The goal right now is...

Win Iowa.

The goal after that is...

Win New Hampshire

The goal after that is...

Win South Carolina

We want to win them all. No need to skip New Hampshire, especially since we are doing so well there.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I think there needs to be substantial efforts in the caucus states as well as the low turnout primary states and also the territories. This is something the grassroots could do.

Superbrochures could get us enough voters in those places, IMO.

damiengwa
12-29-2011, 04:22 PM
New Hampshire is so important(even with it giving out the least delegates). It would be hard to ignore a Paul win in Iowa + NH... no matter how much the media wanted to. Besides, the medias argument has been "Paul can't win anywhere else". If he won New Hampshire, they would look pretty dumb to say it didn't matter.

I'm sorry, but winning nh is pie on the sky right now. Of course Ronny COULD wait till the first nh poll that takes his Iowa win into account before. Making a final decision, but I think that's unnecessary. Even if he gets a gianormous 10 point bounce outa IowA, he still loses nh to Mittens by 5.

libertyfanatic
12-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Even though we realistically cannot, we should try to win every state

libertythor
12-29-2011, 04:23 PM
An expected Iowa win can't close a 15 point deficit in Nh!

There is still hope. SC and FL are very important, but the polls have a chance of swinging in NH. Besides, the ads have already been purchased and the machinery already in place NH.

I agree that the machinery needs to be put into place now for FL and SC. FL will definitely require millions in ad buys because of the large number of metropolitan markets that it contains.

Edit: Of course, it is always important to campaign in your own state. Paul supporters in those states should be already active with the primaries so close there.

braane
12-29-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry, but winning nh is pie on the sky right now. Of course Ronny COULD wait till the first nh poll that takes his Iowa win into account before. Making a final decision, but I think that's unnecessary. Even if he gets a gianormous 10 point bounce outa IowA, he still loses nh to Mittens by 5.
That would assume Ron took no support from Romney. So much of Romney's support is the "inevitable nominee" support. If Paul wins Iowa, does Romney really look all that inevitable? So they might hop on board with Ron. Besides, we are only 15% back (probably at most, Romney historically overpolls)... and there is even a debate between now and then. So much can happen.

If all of the support Ron took was from Romney... then we only need 8%. Of course, that isn't too terribly likely.

12-29-2011, 04:28 PM
My armchair quarterbacking says let SC and FL go and work on winning ME,NV,MN,CO and WA to build a good number of delegates going into super tuesday. Those look winnable and SC and FL don't. Go broke in FL and lose winner take all and there's nothing left in the tank and you get wiped out on super tuesday game over.

damiengwa
12-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Fla may yet go allocation...

Nv has a big Mormon population right? All the more reason to make a move down south. Would it kill the campaign to fund a few FL offices and after Iowa maybe live for a while in SC?

Especially media in SC. Take that flip flopping Yankee down with another super ad.

ItsTime
12-29-2011, 04:37 PM
If we win Iowa we can win NH. Keep pushing!

speciallyblend
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Just think about this rationally. The media will discount any Paul win, so we will never catch the media momentum so many of you think RP will magically catch after an Iowa win.

Nh is the smallest prize in terms of delegates. SC is big and FL is huge by comparison. Ron should spend his time in Iowa right up to the caucus then head south and work SC and FL.

florida is not as huge as it once was. It loses half of it's delegates this time for moving its primary.

Jeremy
12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
The campaign knows a lot more about campaign politics than the OP... just saying...

speciallyblend
12-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Fla may yet go allocation...

Nv has a big Mormon population right? All the more reason to make a move down south. Would it kill the campaign to fund a few FL offices and after Iowa maybe live for a while in SC?

Especially media in SC. Take that flip flopping Yankee down with another super ad.if we place 2nd or 3rd in florida we come out with delegates! 1st or 2nd would be great in florida but 2nd or 3rd is not bad. If i am right florida lost half of its delegates this go round.

eleganz
12-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Romney is only high because he is unchallenged in NH.

Just wait for the Iowa victory and then Mittens will be put on blast.

seawolf
12-29-2011, 04:41 PM
The Next Money Bomb is RIGHT NOW with the End of the 4th Qtr Push. Since Ron's e-mail asking for another $2 Million Dollars on Monday afternoon only $375,000 has been raised.

We need another $1.1 Million to be raised by Midnight 31 Dec 11 to meet the GOAL. Please Donate NOW.

The Next Money Bomb is NOW!!!, not later.......

tsai3904
12-29-2011, 04:41 PM
if we place 2nd or 3rd in florida we come out with delegates! 1st or 2nd would be great in florida but 2nd or 3rd is not bad. If i am right florida lost half of its delegates this go round.

As of now, Florida is winner take all. The RNC released the delegate allocation schedule for all the states last week and it lists Florida as winner take all.

speciallyblend
12-29-2011, 04:42 PM
My armchair quarterbacking says let SC and FL go and work on winning ME,NV,MN,CO and WA to build a good number of delegates going into super tuesday. Those look winnable and SC and FL don't. Go broke in FL and lose winner take all and there's nothing left in the tank and you get wiped out on super tuesday game over.

florida lost half it's delegates ,we can place 2nd or 3rd in florida and come out with delegates! we place 1st or 2nd or 3rd in sc/fl and we come out winning.

hueylong
12-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Please leave this kind of analysis to the professionals on the campaign. This kind of thread just wastes time and energy and has nothing to do with political reality.

12-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I think the Grinch will win both SC and FL.

speciallyblend
12-29-2011, 04:46 PM
As of now, Florida is winner take all. The RNC released the delegate allocation schedule for all the states last week and it lists Florida as winner take all.

o well then, well the good news is they still lost half their state delegates so it does minimize the amount of delegates.

speciallyblend
12-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I think the Grinch will win both SC and FL.

if we win iowa, we will get a boost in nh and sc and florida how much? hmmm time will tell.

parocks
12-29-2011, 04:47 PM

If we could be assured of a solid second in NH

speciallyblend
12-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Please leave this kind of analysis to the professionals on the campaign. This kind of thread just wastes time and energy and has nothing to do with political reality.

then you wasted your time posting, so don't.

tremendoustie
12-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Even if we were to get second in NH, whether we're closer to first or third makes a HUGE difference.

I do think we could win in NH, if everything lines up right.

Hook
12-29-2011, 04:50 PM

You'd be amazed how easy it would be. In fact, you should have already observed how no matter how well RP does, the media ignores him.

The OP has a point that the mechanism behind momentum is the additional press coverage. Since we can't count on that, the momentum won't be as great.

That being said, NH has some of the highest polling numbers, so we shouldn't be giving up on it.

vechorik
12-29-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm doing what the campaign asked me to do: call from home -- We're working on NH and NV.
Guess you're free to work where ever you want.

"Call from home" could use some help.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM

I partly agree. I think that for the most part the grassroots can handle this with superbrochures and the like.

The campaign should have some presence, but they need to bomb FL and SC with money so we don't lose by much.

Aratus
12-29-2011, 05:13 PM
new hampshire could see the gap between mitt and dr. ron closing as the gulf widens between them and newt.

kill the banks
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
if you want all this first get the 6 million done

andrew1229649
12-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Lets just wait till Jan. 4th. The whole race will be different once the results for the caucus are announced.

neverseen
12-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Pony up some proof that FL is winner take all. It's not at this point. There is still a hearing that needs to be held. It's currently proportional and looks to stay that way at this time.. Could always change last minute, but it's not official. There are no articles that I could find that state it has been officially changed, just that it was being looked at... This was confirmed by a member of our group who is in the REC locally in FL.