PDA

View Full Version : RevPAC: Give us a Goal and a Ticker, We'll Do the Rest

Paulitics 2011
12-29-2011, 01:37 PM
UPDATE: TICKER IS UP

WE NEED $500K TO RUN THE AD IN EARLY PRIMARY STATES.

UNLIMITED DONATIONS ACCEPTED. INDIVIDUALS, BUSINESSES, AND ORGANIZATIONS MAY CONTRIBUTE.

RevPAC - Donate (http://www.revolutionpac.com/2011/12/the-compassion-of-dr-ron-paul/)
- - -

How much do we need to air the compassion ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rv0Z5SNrF4

When is the earliest we can get this on air?

How will it be cut down to fit on TV/Radio?

Can we get a ticker?

We want to get this ad out. Help us help you help Ron Paul help us.

Kotin
12-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Bump!!!

Freedom of Speech
12-29-2011, 01:39 PM
And the Adherence to the Oath ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhxJ1XUGLR0

Kotin
12-29-2011, 01:42 PM
//

AdamT
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
It's coming, just designed the ticker and submitted to the programmer.

nyrgoal99
12-29-2011, 01:45 PM
It's coming, just designed it and submitted to the programmer.

What is it going to be?

Has the commercial been cut down?

nyrgoal99
12-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Any change the compassion Ad can get on in Iowa still?

AdamT
12-29-2011, 01:46 PM
What is it going to be?

Has the commercial been cut down?

A 30 sec is done, a 60 sec is being cut now.

nyrgoal99

Compassion Ad?

IndianaPolitico
What is the fundraising goal? Will this run in Iowa?

nyrgoal99
12-29-2011, 01:48 PM
It seems like it costs about $750-$1000 per 30 second spot from what I see in articles

25K could probably get it going over the weekend

opinionatedfool
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM

Gosh, I wish the whole thing could be played!

AdamT
12-29-2011, 01:51 PM
What is the fundraising goal? Will this run in Iowa?

$500k will be the goal, I don't think Iowa is doable at this late stage. We're looking at NH now. We're also in the process of buying up key search terms on Youtube that will guarantee the full 2 min version is seen by many people.

nyrgoal99
12-29-2011, 01:52 PM
$500k will be the goal, I don't think Iowa is doable at this late stage. We're looking at NH now. We're also in the process of buying up key search terms on Youtube that will guarantee the full 2 min version is seen by many people.

That is way too high. Campaign still needs another 1.2 mil in a few days.

Be better to do 50-100K

500K would be hundred and hundreds of spots

nyrgoal99
12-29-2011, 01:52 PM

Maybe even get it to run 5-10 times in iowa so the mainstream media gets it

IndianaPolitico
12-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Does the PAC have any money on hand they can put into this?

airborne373
12-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Great idea. I have been on the verge of donating but fatigued a bit from the pre-Christmas push. I need a wee bit of motivation. Help me RevPac.

nyrgoal99
12-29-2011, 01:56 PM
True

How much does Rev Pac have right now, go allin on this ad

opinionatedfool
12-29-2011, 02:03 PM

I think that's a great idea. If you need any help with keyword targeting let me know. I have a lot of experience in that area. Make sure to target some of the more "fridge" keywords, like misspellings, etc.

Paulitics 2011
12-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Some people in Iowa are telling me they've seen the ad on TV already. Are they lying?

nyrgoal99
12-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Some people in Iowa are telling me they've seen the ad on TV already. Are they lying?

Compassion ad?

Paulitics 2011
12-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Yes.

RileyE104
12-29-2011, 02:29 PM
What about the actual campaign's ticker? We're like a million shy of the $6,000,000 goal..

specsaregood
12-29-2011, 02:32 PM

Any chance of radio ads for this? Less expensive and still works well as audio only.

neverseen
12-29-2011, 02:34 PM
works better as audio only IMO

sailingaway
12-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Adam, you need to get it into NH at least on cable, because of the Huntsman ad implying Ron is racist. Otherwise it will have too long to fester. My 2 cents.

rockandrollsouls
12-29-2011, 02:42 PM
This. Would make Huntsman look like a fool.

I'm also hoping to see an Israel ad...we really need that. Perhaps clips of Natenyahu speaking, or others from Israel or other Jews. Maybe michael Scheur and a clip of Ron saying he would defend the country.

I really feel that is our biggest weakness with MAINSTREAM REPUBLICANS...and that's who we need to capture right now.

Adam, you need to get it into NH at least on cable, because of the Huntsman ad implying Ron is racist. Otherwise it will have too long to fester. My 2 cents.

WD-NY
12-29-2011, 03:02 PM
It's coming, just designed the ticker and submitted to the programmer.

Hey Adam, any thoughts on breaking the 'ask' down into super specific component parts/variables (ala the RPBrochure approach)?
e.g.

It costs $___dollars to play the ad 1 time on fox/abc/cbs/etc (and/or more specifically, during the y & z programs)

If ___number of people donate $___dollars, we can run the ad ___number of times.
Are you targeting only those who have maxed out or is there hope that anyone who loves the ad will chip in?

If it's the latter, big numbers by themselves are sometimes daunting... especially when many donors are feeling a bit tapped out after the holidays. Breaking the total down into hundreds (or thousands) of 'mini victories' could help them see how helpful their contribution (even if small) is to getting the ad played (even 1 more time).

AdamT
12-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Just got off the phone with our media buyer. Unfortunately with the New Years' holiday, any IA TV is out. We have to make physical HD Digibetas and there's just no time to get the dubs made, get them shipped to the stations, etc. We're focusing our efforts on NH now, by early next week we should be able to completely saturate the state with a 60 sec version of the Compassion ad.

Waiting on quotes, but likely won't have them until Tues.

Keep the donations coming, the more we have by early next week the better. A ticker should be coming soon, tonight or tomorrow.
http://www.revolutionpac.com/2011/12/the-compassion-of-dr-ron-paul/

DonovanJames
12-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Just got off the phone with our media buyer. Unfortunately with the New Years' holiday, any IA TV is out. We have to make physical HD Digibetas and there's just no time to get the dubs made, get them shipped to the stations, etc. We're focusing our efforts on NH now, by early next week we should be able to completely saturate the state with a 60 sec version of the Compassion ad.

Keep the donations coming, the more we have by early next week the better. A ticker should be coming soon, tonight or tomorrow.

Sounds great, I'll make sure to save some cash over the weekend after payday

Hook
12-29-2011, 04:37 PM
I like the ads, but I wonder if it would be better for the RevPac to do all the negative ads.

I see two benefits to this:

1. The Paul campaign won't lose any goodwill because they didn't produce the negative ads.
2. The Paul campaign probably has research on how to tweak the message according to the demographics of the state they are targeting. The RevPac may end up pushing a message that is positive to us (particularly on foreign policy), but negative to the target demographic. The campaign will know better which message to send. But negative ads are much easier to come by since everyone agrees that corruption and flip-flopping are bad. So the RevPac could knock down the highest opponents and keep them as even as possible, while the Paul campaign only runs positive ads.

parocks
12-29-2011, 05:19 PM
I like the ads, but I wonder if it would be better for the RevPac to do all the negative ads.

1. The Paul campaign won't lose any goodwill because they didn't produce the negative ads.
2. The Paul campaign probably has research on how to tweak the message according to the demographics of the state they are targeting. The RevPac may end up pushing a message that is positive to us (particularly on foreign policy), but negative to the target demographic. The campaign will know better which message to send. But negative ads are much easier to come by since everyone agrees that corruption and flip-flopping are bad. So the RevPac could knock down the highest opponents and keep them as even as possible, while the Paul campaign only runs positive ads.

Right. That's usually how it works. Typically, you don't want "I'm Ron Paul and I approved this message at the end of an attack ad" You prefer "paid for by ..."

Paulitics 2011
12-29-2011, 06:09 PM

However, this is an amazing ad, and the campaign couldn't run it without paying the PAC.

nobody's_hero
12-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Great idea about the youtube search terms.

People will see the ad, they'll donate, this thing snowballs, and then there's enough money to run it on T.V. and radio.

Hook
12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
However, this is an amazing ad, and the campaign couldn't run it without paying the PAC.

I agree, this ad should go out. I thing they PAC should concentrate on dropping the hammer on Newt and Romney in the future though. The goal is to get all the opponents as even as possible.

PhineasFinn
12-29-2011, 06:21 PM
How much do we need to air the compassion ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rv0Z5SNrF4

When is the earliest we can get this on air?

How will it be cut down to fit on TV/Radio?

Can we get a ticker?

We want to get this ad out. Help us help you help Ron Paul help us.

This is freaking amazing!

nobody's_hero
12-29-2011, 06:21 PM
And I think it is, at least in this case, appropriate that Ron Paul can't give the usual 'I approve' message at the end of this ad. You all know Ron Paul well enough by now to know he will rarely toot his own horn. He delivered over 4,000 babies but he doesn't go around telling people that.

I mean, damn, you look up the world "humble" in the dictionary and you'll see Ron Paul's picture.

So, I think it will work out perfectly that RevPac created this ad.

Here's Ron Paul's humble response to the ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bEvqMXmM8

Jeez so f'kin humble that man. Almost want to slap him for not giving himself enough credit but then I remember, it's one reason I love the man.

dante
12-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Has RevPac been able to get some large donations? Isn't that the point of a super pac? If you haven't maxed out to the campaign - shouldn't you donate their first?

Don't get me wrong. This ad is awesome. I'd just like to know that we are getting some big donors.

FA.Hayek
12-29-2011, 06:35 PM
I wish there was some way we could get this to play in Iowa, even on the radio.. We need all the help we can get in Iowa!

eric4186
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
yeah what are the chances of getting it on the radio waves in IA within the next few days?

anaconda
12-29-2011, 06:45 PM

Video? Audio? Both?

anaconda
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM

Excellent points. It had occurred to me that the campaign may know best and also what the best use of money is. Money raised in a money bomb to run this ad might be spent more wisely by the campaign for something else. This is not 2007. But I'd sure love to see the ad run and subsequently talked about by the main stream media talking heads!

AdamT
12-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Has RevPac been able to get some large donations? Isn't that the point of a super pac? If you haven't maxed out to the campaign - shouldn't you donate their first?

Don't get me wrong. This ad is awesome. I'd just like to know that we are getting some big donors.

We've gotten some large donations, most of which was earmarked for certain projects. We've found the large donors generally won't donate until RP wins states and starts to get real momentum. It will be interesting to see if it picks up after an Iowa win.

Crotale
12-29-2011, 07:17 PM
EDIT: Question answered in post above.

Crotale
12-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Hey Adam, any thoughts on breaking the 'ask' down into super specific component parts/variables (ala the RPBrochure approach)?
e.g.

It costs $___dollars to play the ad 1 time on fox/abc/cbs/etc (and/or more specifically, during the y & z programs)

If ___number of people donate $___dollars, we can run the ad ___number of times.
Are you targeting only those who have maxed out or is there hope that anyone who loves the ad will chip in?

If it's the latter, big numbers by themselves are sometimes daunting... especially when many donors are feeling a bit tapped out after the holidays. Breaking the total down into hundreds (or thousands) of 'mini victories' could help them see how helpful their contribution (even if small) is to getting the ad played (even 1 more time).

That effective approach is particularly employed by charities asking for donations, e.g. only five pounds a month can send ....... to school.

sofia
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM
We've gotten some large donations, most of which was earmarked for certain projects. We've found the large donors generally won't donate until RP wins states and starts to get real momentum. It will be interesting to see if it picks up after an Iowa win.

Have you approached millionaires Peter Thiel? Alex Jones? Jesse Ventura? Peter Schiff? Joe Rogan?

AdamT
12-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Finally got the ticker up! There are 3 different embeddable sizes too (click the </> icon on the bottom right of the ticker), so if you have a site please embed!
http://www.revolutionpac.com/compassion/

We're working on an ad buy for NH starting early next week which will full saturate the state with a 60 sec cut of the Compassion ad.

Yes, the ticker goal is hefty. However if we can begin to approach it or even meet it, we can run the 60 sec Compassion cut in SC, FL & NV, and probably even a parallel run of a 60 cut of the Adherence To the Oath ad.

Please spread this folks. Busy busy.

Eric21ND
12-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Maybe even get it to run 5-10 times in iowa so the mainstream media gets it
I think the media might pick this up and get some replay value.

Eric21ND
12-30-2011, 12:59 PM

Adam look into getting this made into a radio ad. It was very powerful listening to just the audio of the ad on the Jan Mickelson show. Think we could get a radio ad played in Iowa ASAP?

sailingaway
12-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Excellent points. It had occurred to me that the campaign may know best and also what the best use of money is. Money raised in a money bomb to run this ad might be spent more wisely by the campaign for something else. This is not 2007. But I'd sure love to see the ad run and subsequently talked about by the main stream media talking heads!

we need this ad as soon as possible. Both in Iowa where Santorum is picking up votes, being unvetted, which should go to Ron (people ASSUME S is a fiscal conservative - HA!) and in NH where it needs to blow Huntsman's ad up in his reptilian face. Ron doesn't do 'himself' well. Praise comes best from others too, when it is personal.

sailingaway
12-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Adam look into getting this made into a radio ad. It was very powerful listening to just the audio of the ad on the Jan Mickelson show. Think we could get a radio ad played in Iowa ASAP?

This, at least see if you can do radio in Iowa!! and it could mention the name of the video to go to on youtube.

Eric21ND
12-30-2011, 01:48 PM
This, at least see if you can do radio in Iowa!! and it could mention the name of the video to go to on youtube.
Plus media might pick it up so it might have a snowball effect.

Created4
12-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Any change the compassion Ad can get on in Iowa still?

Amazingly, MSNBC has it on their homepage today: hxxp://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/30/9829590-super-pac-jumps-to-pauls-defense

Created4
12-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I am pretty sure that the way MSNBC positions their stories is based on popularity (clicks). Right now, the compassion video is at the top of the page on the left, but not the main story. With enough clicks, it could propel it to the top, and then Fox and CNN might pick it up also. I took the http out of the URL above, because it should not look like "SPAM" traffic, but spread the news on this story.

Created4
12-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Everyone should DRUDGE this MSNBC story also!

nyrgoal99
12-30-2011, 02:04 PM
over 30K already, get this up in New Hampshire!!!!!, Iowa would be fantastic now also

AdamT
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM
over 30K already, get this up in New Hampshire!!!!!, Iowa would be fantastic now also

A NH buy is starting next week. Too late for IA, I checked into it yesterday.

damiengwa
12-30-2011, 03:38 PM
A NH buy is starting next week. Too late for IA, I checked into it yesterday.

SC! Very high black population, who are not so easily race baited by the liberal media.