PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen Iowa poll [UPDATE: Released, Confirmed]

Agorism
12-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Someone who told me they have early access gave me these numbers about an hour ago. idk if they are real but they aren't on his website. Official numbers come at noon eastern I believe when he will release them.

Rasmussen Iowa

Romney: 23% (-2)
Paul: 22% (+2)
Santorum: 16%
Gingrich: 13%
Perry: 13%
Bachmann: 5%
Huntsman: 3%

Edit: I stress I don't know if these numbers are bogus or not.

hxxp://davidwissing.com/?p=16917

edit: official release

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/iowa/2012_iowa_republican_caucus

sailingaway
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Weird, they just did one. Well, Ron went up from their last one, compared to Romney, and he overperformed Rasmussen's poll in 2008 by about 8 points I think.

But we HAVE to get RevPak's ad out along with clips of Mickelson's interview. The unsureness of if Ron 'is what he seems' is stunting him.

Also, separately, we have to get out Santorums No Child Left Behind and big government spending record. He voted to raise the debt ceiling 5 times! http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Senate/Pennsylvania/Rick_Santorum/Views/Debt,_Deficit,_Spending,_and_the_Size_of_Governmen t/ AND endorsed Specter over Toomey.

libertyfanatic
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
This Santorum surge seems fishy...

Agorism
12-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Newt is too strong in SC much like Romney is too strong in NH.

I hope Newt gets nearly dead last so that his support in SC goes down.

idk if the numbers are even real. We'll find out in 10 minutes.

bluesc
12-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Nice.

DRV45N05
12-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Santorum looks set for 3rd. Not surprised.

Ron up 2, Mitt down 2 since the last Rasmussen poll. Not sure what Rasmussen's sampling is, though.

Ron's organization will make up the difference, if this is the current state.

libertyfanatic
12-29-2011, 10:51 AM
They're going to try to give Santroum 2nd place to discredit Ron's win

tbone717
It's a two man race. If these poll numbers are even close to accurate then Newt is done. The also-rans (Perry, Santorum, Bachmann, Huntsman) will show poorly in NH meaning by the time we get to SC it will be Romney and Paul with a couple others hanging around for egocentric reasons. This is playing out exactly as we have hoped for. We have a blue state liberal Republican vs a red state lifelong conservative. This is 1964 all over again. The difference however between 64 and today is that the incumbent president is presiding over a wretched economy and is very unpopular, all of which bodes well for Paul in the general election.

cameronb
If Gingrich is really in 4th in this latest poll, that is very good...

Joey Wahoo
The Santorum surge is due to the fact that some powerful Iowa preachers have just endorsed him. Their flocks are falling in line behind him. They're trying to get the social cons to concentrate their vote on one candidate (as they did with Huckabee four years ago). This could really hurt if Bachmann and Perry fade out entirely and much of their support goes to Santorum.

pauliticalfan
We'll see if it's real first...

sailingaway
12-29-2011, 10:52 AM

He is just unvetted.

SchleckBros
12-29-2011, 10:53 AM
That's good for a Rasmussen poll :D

Agorism
12-29-2011, 10:53 AM
We'll see if it's real first...

I think Rasmussen does only registered R's I believe like CNN. So if we're within 1% of Romney with no I's or D's included, then that's about the same as PPP had us if not better.

RickyJ
12-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Who gets the crowds in Iowa?

It isn't Romney or any of the rest, it is Paul!

That is why I can't even buy this poll. We have to be on guard against election fraud. I don't see how in a fair election that Ron Paul doesn't win this by at least 7 points.

Rincewind
The Santorum surge is due to the fact that some powerful Iowa preachers have just endorsed him. Their flocks are falling in line behind him. They're trying to get the social cons to concentrate their vote on one candidate (as they did with Huckabee four years ago). This could really hurt if Bachmann and Perry fade out entirely and much of their support goes to Santorum.

It's also because the media has been touting a Santorum surge for 2 weeks, which seems kinda backwards when you think about it.

braane
I am nervous about the social conservatives coalescing at the last second behind Santorum. Hopefully Perry and Gingrich can hold strong with their vote.

fatjohn
12-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Im weary of santorum. If this is real. Its not good news.

Patriot0811
i don't care even if Santorum gets second. He doesn't have the resources to stay in the race much longer after that.

Mr. Rapp
I'm getting a little worried. A possible drop in the polls before the caucus..

braane
12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm getting a little worried. A possible drop in the polls before the caucus..
If this is just Republicans, which I think it is, then this is actually a REALLY strong poll for Ron.

lakerssuck92
12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
No, Rasmussen's problem was that they don't call cellphones - only landlines...

tremendoustie
12-29-2011, 10:57 AM
If true, this is great. The last rasumussen poll had Paul 5 points down.

And actually, if I got to pick second, it'd be santorum, not romney.

justatrey
Does Rasmussen also only poll registered Republicans? If so, these are good numbers.

Agorism
The sample in the Rasmussen poll is 70% Republican/30% other, so it takes into account the non-Republicans that the CNN poll didn’t.

hmmmmmm

RickyJ
12-29-2011, 10:58 AM
I think Rasmussen does only registered R's I believe like CNN. So if we're within 1% of Romney with no I's or D's included, then that's about the same as PPP had us if not better.

Oh, if that is the case then this poll isn't that bad at all! Ron will get the independent and democrat vote, so add at least another 5 points to his total in this one and that should be close to the election day results.

blazeKing
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM
They don't poll organization and enthusiasm so I tend to think we are a few points higher and Romney is a few points lower.

justatrey
12-29-2011, 11:03 AM
hmmmmmm

That's not good. But it's still friggin Rasmussen!

We should look at it strictly in comparison to the previous Rasmussen poll. Let's not be silly and compare it to PPP's.

lakerssuck92
12-29-2011, 11:08 AM
No, Rasmussen's problem was that they don't call cellphones - only landlines...

Also note that we've actually gained 2 points and Romney has lost 2 points from the previous Rasmussen poll. This is good news...

samsung1
12-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Keep calling iowa!! There's work to be done!

sailingaway
12-29-2011, 11:10 AM
If this is just Republicans, which I think it is, then this is actually a REALLY strong poll for Ron.

I don't think it will be THAT blatent, they would usually say 'those who lean Republican' but that is still not the same as saying those who plan on voting in the GOP caucus regardless of whether they can stand even one other Republican in the world besides Ron Paul. However, Rasmussen is in zone and makes his living off his polls, unlike CNN, so I don't know that he'd play TOO fast and loose this close to the caucus. Last time he was simply wrong in lowballing Ron, though. Caucus turn out is hard to predict.

blazeKing
I just saw this on Fox, the numbers are correct

sailingaway
Keep calling iowa!! There's work to be done!

this ^^

anewvoice
12-29-2011, 11:11 AM
That's not good. But it's still friggin Rasmussen!

We should look at it strictly in comparison to the previous Rasmussen poll. Let's not be silly and compare it to PPP's.

Agreed, this shows a 5 point improvement I believe over the past Rasmussen, so that's showing the same surge that all other polls are showing.

devil21
12-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Still need to know the polling sample data before taking anything from this poll. I'd like to see RP in first in all of them but that doesn't fit the media narrative they're trying to shoehorn onto the public before the caucus.

Original_Intent
12-29-2011, 11:19 AM
By super Tuesday it is going to be a Mitt vs. Ron race. This is the strategy that the campaign has adhered to for months, and so far it looks rock solid. At that point it is going to be open warfare between the party establishment and the grassroots...well it already is as we can see, but I think by then even the sheeple will see it.

Agorism
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/iowa/2012_iowa_republican_caucus

Released at 11:30 eastern

Captain Shays
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
If Ron Paul did a commercial on the Christian Just War Principles and the emerging one world govenment he would dominate the christian vote and remove Santorum's name from the polls he would drop so fast.

pauliticalfan
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Wow, the numbers are real! Great!

devil21
12-29-2011, 11:36 AM
So would this include D's, R's and I's? Seems vague.

This Iowa survey of 750 Likely Republican Caucus Participants

Czolgosz
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I've heard about Romney being in the lead twice, since last night. On both accounts (radio news-entertainment feeds) they completely omit Ron's name from the standings.

Canderson
12-29-2011, 11:46 AM
The RCP average is tied!

JasonM
12-29-2011, 11:46 AM
i don't care even if Santorum gets second. He doesn't have the resources to stay in the race much longer after that.

That may change after Iowa. The headline might just be that Santorum would be the one to steal the headlines from Paul and Romney for getting 3rd or 2nd place. But if the donations don't start flooding in, then he will drop after a dismal showing in South Carolina and Florida I think.

parocks
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I am nervous about the social conservatives coalescing at the last second behind Santorum. Hopefully Perry and Gingrich can hold strong with their vote. Well, as long as Santorum isn't beating Paul in Iowa, we're good. We want Santorum and Bachmann not Perry and Gingrich to get that vote.

Gingrich will get some votes from old people who aren't paying particularly close attention. He's famous. Perry supposedly has a lot of money, but sucking at running for President has got keep the money from coming in. Santorum is just not famous enough or rich enough. Bachmann isn't either. They're both very weak everywhere but Iowa. Something will happen in NH. It won't be bad for Ron Paul. Then South Carolina. If Gingrich and Perry are creamed in Iowa and NH, I would expect that they would lose some of their support. Gingrich is "still" at 31 in South Carolina. That's an old poll yes, but I would prefer that that particular candidate be hit as much as possible so that he can be replaced by Santorum or Bachmann. Those 4 are pretty much interchangeable - Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich, Perry.

Canderson
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Paul Santorum Romney would be an awesome finish.

pauliticalfan
12-29-2011, 11:49 AM
That RCP graph doesn't look so hot guys.

PauliticsPolitics
12-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Re: Santorum
I do not believe he is a long term threat.

As PPP recently tweeted (http://twitter.com/#!/ppppolls/status/152387048723062785):
Rick Santorum and Rick Perry are tied with Buddy Roemer at 3% in New Hampshire #seriously

milo10
12-29-2011, 11:51 AM
That may change after Iowa. The headline might just be that Santorum would be the one to steal the headlines from Paul and Romney for getting 3rd or 2nd place. But if the donations don't start flooding in, then he will drop after a dismal showing in South Carolina and Florida I think.

Santorum will get destroyed in New Hampshire, even if he gets 3rd in Iowa. Plus he is simply an annoying personality. He is a desperation move, and nothing more.

Overall, great poll! Rasmussen is always down on Paul, so he is likely still in the lead, if narrowly.

No Free Beer
i dont know why you guys are nervous about santorum. he wont get above 11 percent

parocks

The msm doesn't want Santorum. They would've given him the flavor treatment if they wanted him to win. I suspect that a certain segment of people did not like "man on dog" one bit. Santorum is quite unacceptable to the msm. Not as unacceptable as Ron Paul. But not acceptable. They seem comfortable with Romney, Perry, Gingrich, Huntsman, and less comfortable with Paul, Santorum, Bachmann.

Forty Twice
12-29-2011, 11:52 AM
What about the polls we take every day talking with other people? Does anybody know any real, live Mitt Romney supporters? I don't. Do your friends know any Mitt
Romney supporters? Mine don't. It seems like a huge farce to me. The RNC wants him to win but real, live voters don't like him. At least that's what I see in Texas.

Rincewind
12-29-2011, 11:53 AM
What about the polls we take every day talking with other people? Does anybody know any real, live Mitt Romney supporters? I don't. Do your friends know any Mitt
Romney supporters? Mine don't. It seems like a huge farce to me. The RNC wants him to win but real, live voters don't like him. At least that's what I see in Texas.

I think I know a few people who think he's a nice man. Or something.

tremendoustie
That RCP graph doesn't look so hot guys.

That's only because of the CNN poll, which only polled registered republicans -- and therefore really shouldn't have been included.

milo10
Paul Santorum Romney would be an awesome finish.

Not for my neighbors, because I would have the biggest party ever here! :D

LibertyEagle
12-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Well, as long as Santorum isn't beating Paul in Iowa, we're good. We want Santorum and Bachmann not Perry and Gingrich to get that vote.

Gingrich will get some votes from old people who aren't paying particularly close attention. He's famous. Perry supposedly has a lot of money, but sucking at running for President has got keep the money from coming in. Santorum is just not famous enough or rich enough. Bachmann isn't either. They're both very weak everywhere but Iowa. Something will happen in NH. It won't be bad for Ron Paul. Then South Carolina. If Gingrich and Perry are creamed in Iowa and NH, I would expect that they would lose some of their support. Gingrich is "still" at 31 in South Carolina. That's an old poll yes, but I would prefer that that particular candidate be hit as much as possible so that he can be replaced by Santorum or Bachmann. Those 4 are pretty much interchangeable - Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich, Perry.

Yeah, I watched Gingrich speaking in Iowa yesterday. All he said was that the ads about him were lies. He didn't go on to explain HOW they were lies. Of course we know why. I agree that he will likely get some older folks who remember him from Reagan days and just associate him with Reagan. It's embarrassing for me to admit, but even I didn't realize how horrible he was until he started running for President. How I missed a deplorable record like that, I'll never know. But, I did.

If he stays in the race for awhile, all it means is that we are going to have to get the word out on the ground. When traditional conservatives know about him, they will run. We just have to get the information to them.

Student Of Paulism
12-29-2011, 11:54 AM
He has the evangelical and indy vote guys, he is clearly in front at this point, so i really wouldnt be fretting anything at this point. MSM and GOP lamers are just trying to make a final push with their bs to try and edge him out, but its not going to work.

parocks
12-29-2011, 11:55 AM

As PPP recently tweeted (http://twitter.com/#!/ppppolls/status/152387048723062785):
Rick Santorum and Rick Perry are tied with Buddy Roemer at 3% in New Hampshire #seriously

Roemer really has a nice resume. The kind of resume that says "Michele Bachman is in the debates, and Buddy Roemer isn't?" Roemer forgot to spend 10 years babysitting I guess. It's kinda bs that he wasn't in any of the polls. Maybe he's there as a reserve. Are we going to be seeing a Paul, Romney and Fred Karger debate right before California?

affa
12-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Santorum started coming up in comment sections only a few days ago, several days after the initial propaganda articles began -- my favorite article containing a line along the lines of "Some whisper that Santorum may surprise in Iowa" (who are 'some', why are they whispering, and who are they whispering to?).

Fabricated support is meaningless.

Santorum not only can't win a national election, on the off chance he did he'd divide the nation more than any President ever has. There is a reason you can 'google Santorum', and that is because he is long despised by a sizeable portion of the country.

IndianaPolitico
12-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Quite nice, Paul moving up, Romney slipping back.

BUSHLIED
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM

Romney supporters are mostly the yuppies, wealthy businessman, investors, or otherwise established elites...they aren't going to project their support with signs or be out on the streets, they are discreet, they aren't activists.They will vote and go back to their very comfortable lives and if you aren't a yuppie, extremely wealthy, or run in those types of circles at the country club or private restaurants on the jet set, you won't see them...but they exist. They are out there.

LeJimster
12-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Sorry if somebody has already commented on this.. But this poll is actually good even though we are in 2nd place. The last Poll had Romney ahead 25 to Ron's 20. This one shows an improvement of +2 for Paul and -2 for Romney. Another reason why I think it's positive, is Rasmussen poll more heavily on GOP voters and aren't taking into the account the level of extra support Ron is going to bring to the fight.

parocks
12-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Santorum started coming up in comment sections only a few days ago, several days after the initial propaganda articles began -- my favorite article containing a line along the lines of "Some whisper that Santorum may surprise in Iowa" (who are 'some', why are they whispering, and who are they whispering to?).

Fabricated support is meaningless.

Santorum not only can't win a national election, on the off chance he did he'd divide the nation more than any President ever has. There is a reason you can 'google Santorum', and that is because he is long despised by a sizeable portion of the country.

Santorum is a solid social conservative and Iowa has a lot of evangelicals. There's nothing really bad on his resume and it isn't particularly weak. He got the Vander Platts endorse. And Gingrich is falling. Gingrich has lost 20 points in the last month. Santorum picked up many of those votes. So did Romney and Paul. This doesn't really seem like much of a conspiracy at all.

TheDrakeMan
12-29-2011, 12:21 PM

looks like Bachmann is sinking, I guess all of her votes are going to him.

Pete Kay
12-29-2011, 12:23 PM

Buddy Roemer? I've seen his name at the bottom of some other polls, but just figured he was some unknown. I just now looked him up and found out he was a 4 term Congressman and Governor of Louisiana. So how come he was never invited to the debates?

Anyway, I'm glad to see Ron Paul at the top of a Rasmussen poll.

blazeKing
12-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Santorum lost re-election in PA by 18% points which is pretty incredible for an incumbent so PA knows something we don't.

Carole
12-29-2011, 12:30 PM

I agree it is fishy, but it has the capacity this close to caucus day to do real damage, phony or not thought "surge" may be. Sanitarium could suddenly take over this late and surprise both Romney and Paul.

parocks
12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Buddy Roemer? I've seen his name at the bottom of some other polls, but just figured he was some unknown. I just now looked him up and found out he was a 4 term Congressman and Governor of Louisiana. So how come he was never invited to the debates?

Anyway, I'm glad to see Ron Paul at the top of a Rasmussen poll.

I have no idea. Harvard College, Harvard MBA. Founded a Bank. But his house was never classified as a treatment facility as Bachmann's was, and he never got babysitting money from the government.

InTradePro
12-29-2011, 12:34 PM

True, but it's accurate because Fox are pumping 'the surge', which is self-fulfilling. The reason:they realise Newt has no chance of beating Dr Paul.

sofia
12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
we r being set up for vote fraud...

Ron's votes will be switched to "the surging" Frothy Santorum....and Romney will win....Ron 2nd...and Frothy a close 3rd and the new "conservative" alternative to Mitt and Ron.....

Frothy will be "the big story out of Iowa"

Its already been confirmed that vote count will be moved to "an undisclosed location" due to the threats from "Anonymous" (Feds)

UtahApocalypse
12-29-2011, 12:46 PM

Ron's votes will be switched to "the surging" Frothy Santorum....and Romney will win....Ron 2nd...and Frothy a close 3rd and the new "conservative" alternative to Mitt and Ron.....

Its already been confirmed that vote count will be moved to "an undisclosed location" due to the threats from "Anonymous" (Feds)

Anyone claiming vote fraud in Iowa has NO clue how the caucus works. Quit making us look like fools.

Brett85
12-29-2011, 12:47 PM
This is really, really good for a Rasmussen poll. I think Ron would win by about 8 points if the election were held today.

anewvoice
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Everyone needs to relax and look at polls individually, with movement judged only in comparison to themselves. CNN poll was not comparable to PPP, but both showed Ron Paul growth, steady. This poll is also different but it shows the same steady growth. We know 30% of the electorate simply moves to whatever is on the news, but we continue slow and steady.

Stay the course...

blazeKing

So true. I hate sounding like a conspiracy guy but I totally believe anonymous is the "cyber al qaeda" that the feds use to stifle democracy and scare people into giving up liberty. They seem to show up like the anthrax letters before important internet legislation too.

Brett85
Im weary of santorum. If this is real. Its not good news.

Why? His surge might be enough to get him into 3rd, but he won't get any higher than that.

lakerssuck92
12-29-2011, 12:51 PM
A frothy surge wouldn't be bad for us. Santorum has little money, little support, and no organization outside of Iowa. He isn't a threat...

parocks
12-29-2011, 12:55 PM
I agree it is fishy, but it has the capacity this close to caucus day to do real damage, phony or not thought "surge" may be. Sanitarium could suddenly take over this late and surprise both Romney and Paul.

If Santorum did that, would would happen? Would Paul lose supporters to Santorum? Would hardcore social conservative suddenly become extremely popular in New Hampshire? We still beat Santorum in NH. But Gingrich is at best 4th in both under those scenarios. South Carolina, where Gingrich is still looking good, is going to start looking closely at Santorum under those conditions. If Santorum finishes above Gingrich in both states, people will move from Gingrich to Santorum. I don't know how many, but Gingrich is still atop the polls in South Carolina. Now, if I see a South Carolina poll with Gingrich at 13%, I'd rethink all that. If Romney is ahead in South Carolina by 15%, I'd rethink all that. Santorum can't win. He just isn't famous enough, isn't rich enough, doesn't have the method to raise the money. There just aren't that many big money people who are going to support Santorum over Romney. Or Bachmann over Romney. But Gingrich or Perry, I can imagine that. Santorum will just run out of money.

Carole
12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Rasmussen Iowa

Romney: 23%
Paul: 22%

This is a concerted effort to do exactly what the MSM has been hinting at for days. They are "bunching" them up.

When this happens, there will be no way to determine any shananigans as having taken place, because it "was simply too close to call" and we will possibly get this:

Romney 26
Santorum 22
Paul 20
Gingrich 13
Perry 11
Bachmann 7
Other 1

Suddenly Romney is getting "crowds" to listen to him. Like the manufactured crowds with out of state license tags where he was billed by the town for blocking traffic in New Hampshire the other day. Now he is getting these "crowds" in Iowa suddenly.

Romney visit clogs streets, police hand him the bill
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20111227-NEWS-111229793

Note all the out of state license plates. Astroturf crowds, just like Oblahma.

They are going to try to put Romney on top in Iowa.

chudrockz
12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
After literally months of reading "Frothy" meaning, apparently, Rick Santorum, I finally did a little research.

Super amusing, but more than a tad gross! :)

Brett85
12-29-2011, 01:00 PM
It's awesome that Bachmann has fallen so far. Apparently her attacks against Ron haven't helped her at all.

Brett85
12-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Rasmussen Iowa

This is a concerted effort to do exactly what the MSM has been hinting at for days. They are "bunching" them up.

When this happens, there will be no way to determine any shananigans as having taken place, because it "was simply too close to call" and we will possibly get this:

Romney 26
Santorum 22
Paul 20
Gingrich 13
Perry 11
Bachmann 7
Other 1

I'm glad that I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

KingNothing
12-29-2011, 01:02 PM
C'mon guys, stop with the conspiracy stuff. The campaign knows what it is doing, and it knows how to track the votes so that nothing shady happens.

Further, the surge of Frothy isn't manufactured any more than the Bachmann, Perry, Cain and Newt surges were manufactured. Republicans want an anti-Romney candidate, and a segment of voters want a very socially conservative candidate. Santorum has risen because he appeals to them and has dedicated an insane amount of time to Iowa.

qh4dotcom
12-29-2011, 01:07 PM
So would this include D's, R's and I's? Seems vague.

Yes it does....I just watched the video in the Rasmussen website and Scott Rasmussen showed a graph of registered Republicans in which Ron Paul was doing very poorly and another graph of independents and Democrats in which RP was way ahead.

jacmicwag
12-29-2011, 01:19 PM
i dont know why you guys are nervous about santorum. he wont get above 11 percent

Beg to disagree - he could win Iowa.

blakjak
12-29-2011, 01:29 PM
C'mon guys, stop with the conspiracy stuff. The campaign knows what it is doing, and it knows how to track the votes so that nothing shady happens.

Further, the surge of Frothy isn't manufactured any more than the Bachmann, Perry, Cain and Newt surges were manufactured. Republicans want an anti-Romney candidate, and a segment of voters want a very socially conservative candidate. Santorum has risen because he appeals to them and has dedicated an insane amount of time to Iowa.

QFT. To dismiss Santorum's surge as artificial is dangerous. It's real. The campaign will need to work to the very last minute to secure every vote possible. Winning an election is not easy.

RDM
12-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Romney supporters are mostly the yuppies, wealthy businessman, investors, or otherwise established elites...they aren't going to project their support with signs or be out on the streets, they are discreet, they aren't activists.They will vote and go back to their very comfortable lives and if you aren't a yuppie, extremely wealthy, or run in those types of circles at the country club or private restaurants on the jet set, you won't see them...but they exist. They are out there.

Bingo!!!! We have a winner.

RDM
12-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Rasmussen Iowa

Romney 26
Santorum 22
Paul 20
Gingrich 13
Perry 11
Bachmann 7
Other 1

Suddenly Romney is getting "crowds" to listen to him. Like the manufactured crowds with out of state license tags where he was billed by the town for blocking traffic in New Hampshire the other day. Now he is getting these "crowds" in Iowa suddenly.

Romney visit clogs streets, police hand him the bill
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20111227-NEWS-111229793

Note all the out of state license plates. Astroturf crowds, just like Oblahma.

They are going to try to put Romney on top in Iowa.

You and I think very much alike. Too bad we're in the minority. That's why it has worked for over 50 years, because the "majority" don't get it.

Snowball
12-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Note: These polls are conducted via land-line phone numbers only.
Most Ron Paul voters use cell phones.

JohnGalt23g
12-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Santorum's rise is likely real, albeit limited. He got some big endorsements, in a state where such things matter.

But he doesn't have the money or manpower to GOTV.