PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge from Lou Dobbs.

PennCustom4RP
11-08-2007, 10:11 PM
If you didn't watch Lou tonight on CNN

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0711/08/ldt.01.html

To me, it seems that Lou has issued a challenge, to us, the Ron Paul supporters.

This is what he said in part:

What I really hope is that everybody watching this broadcast, I truly believe this. Let's reach out. I'm going to invite everybody watching this broadcast, think about who you want to be our next president. And let's disregard right now the current candidates. They are already, if you will, in play. But look around and think about a man or a woman who is -- who is not of a political family or a dynasty, who has independent notion of what constitutes public service, who has a real commitment to the people, who has a principled life, a vision for this country and in whom you would be confident, in whom we could all be confident of leadership of this nation through the 21st century.

We'd love to hear from you on this and we're going to build a special place on the website. I'm going to ask you to please think about it. It may be a mayor. It may be a carpenter. It may be a doctor. It may be someone. I would like to consider it not being an attorney. We have enough of those in my humble opinion running. But I'm not going to disqualify them. But I would like to say, I'd just like to see a representative American that we might get behind, a man or woman who really has a lot to offer this nation and a commitment to the people and not corporate America or special interest. Think about it. We would love to hear from you on this issue.

If he is not talking about Ron Paul, I do not know he can possibly be talking of. Maybe Lou is trying to gauge how real our and the American peoples support for RP is, and if overwhelmingly convinced , he will be on board with us. Who knows...but voice your opinion on his website.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/
Lou Dobbs

Copperhed51
11-08-2007, 10:13 PM
I am constantly amazed that Lou Dobbs doesn't come out and support RP. I just don't get it.

Birdlady
11-08-2007, 10:14 PM
You missed an important sentence.

"And let's disregard right now the current candidates."

werdd
11-08-2007, 10:15 PM
i kind of got the sense that lou could be setting up a run for prez

hells_unicorn
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
I am constantly amazed that Lou Dobbs doesn't come out and support RP. I just don't get it.

He's from the old school style of journalism, he doesn't endorse candidates, same goes for guys like Brian Williams. He endorses a lot of Paul's viewpoints, and criticizes almost all of his opponents, but you will never get an official presidential endorsement out of the guy, it's not how he operates.

Brinck Slattery
11-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I find the following items interesting - "principled life," "vision for our country," "doctor," and "representative."

Discuss.

The Good Doctor
11-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I love Lou Dobbs. I watch him every night. He is a champion of the American people. That being said, he has had Ron Paul on his show before.

This does give us an opportunity to say who we want for President.

I have to wonder why Lou is not currently listening to the masses?

Also, he keeps trying to get everyone to register Indpendent without saying it could impact the primaries! Sometimes I wonder!

To me, it seems that Lou has issued a challenge, to us, the Ron Paul supporters.

If he is not talking about Ron Paul, I do not know he can possibly be talking of. Maybe Lou is trying to gauge how real our and the American peoples support for RP is, and if overwhelmingly convinced , he will be on board with us. Who knows...but voice your opinion on his website.

Lou Dobbs

RP4ME
11-08-2007, 10:19 PM
its a set up for a BLOOMBERG run....dont be fooled! Still defintely e need to write in and suggest RP and why he is it and not like and GOP or DEM running

The Good Doctor
11-08-2007, 10:20 PM
No way. No how. There is no way this happens.

Question_Authority
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Time for an email bomb to Lou Dobbs. Let's make our voices heard. He just described Ron Paul to a T. Why does he insist on basically ignoring RP? We need to change it and change it now. Onward Ron Paul Nation!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxmerkel
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
where is this "special section" on his site ?

hard@work
11-08-2007, 10:22 PM
"He could be a doctor."

Hahahahahah *#(% Lou you're driving us NUTS with the teasing!! He's aware of us, we email blast him constantly because he agrees with 98% of Ron Paul's platform. 2% being economics, and that's 90% of his concern. Lou hates unregulated free trade but he has seen nothing but vacuum sucking corporate sponsored and driven trade deals labeled as "free trade". I've said this a dozen times already though, his one best chance to get the economic system he wants would come on the tail end of a Ron Paul presidency. If you want to drive the point home I would say start there. It will take a Ron Paul to dismantle the corporatist system and a Lou Dobbs to propose a protectionist one after.

It's our only shot and it's his only shot ... and I'm wondering like the rest of you if it's something he wants to happen.

kylejack
11-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Lou doesn't want free trade and he wants a living wage. Other than NAU, he has little in common with Paul. Its no mystery that he doesn't support him.

T206
11-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Lou doesn't want free trade and he wants a living wage. Other than NAU, he has little in common with Paul. Its no mystery that he doesn't support him.

He absolutely HATES the whole free trade concept...with a passion.

paulitics
11-08-2007, 10:25 PM

ha. yeah, I never thought of that. He does seem to be pitching switch to indpendent alot, planting seeds.

Benaiah
11-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, for starters we should get rid of the link so that he doesn't see all of the traffic coming from a Ron Paul site. Then he'll just think we're a bunch of spammers.

Question_Authority
11-08-2007, 10:26 PM

But he is similar on immigration, as well as integrity/transparency issues in the government.

RP4ME
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
hello he practically GLOWED when discussing a Bloomberg run the other day....thsi is not for RP but email anyway - he wont read ours

Drknows
11-08-2007, 10:29 PM
I find the following items interesting - "principled life," "vision for our country," "doctor," and "representative."

Discuss.

Haha what are we trying to do read into this like one of nostradamus's quatrains?

Who knows maybe hes setting himself up to run for president.

hello he practically GLOWED when discussing a Bloomberg run the other day....thsi is not for RP but email anyway - he wont read ours

Ah so maybe this is a set up for Bloomberg

Brinck Slattery
11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
see, if you take the 4th letter of every one of Dobbs' words, and then rearrange them in reverse alphabetical order, then shuffle them back around you get...

PI

*drill through head, head asplodes*

Lord Xar
11-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Bloomberg? Not special interests? Huh? Isn't he just a liberal in disguise? This guy is for amnesty and big business...

Bloomberg isn't for special interests? I'm confused.

Pete
11-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I saw part of the show. Right before the "challenge", he was on a rant about free trade and how it is anathema to the middle class. He has some good points.

I personally have some reservations about how difficult it would be for us to compete with 3rd world countries that have no safety or emissions standards and employ slave labor and raw materials 'donated' by totalitarian governments.

I'm going to e-mail Dobbs and suggest that he debate RP on that particular sticking point.

quickmike
11-08-2007, 10:39 PM

Its simple. Dobbs is a protectionist. Ron Paul wants true free trade, which is the opposite of protectionism.

Its not that complicated if you just think about it for a few seconds.

hard@work
11-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Here:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2007/03/28/lou.dobbs.full.testimony.cnn

And he is right about "free trade" in the eyes of the corporatists. And this is why he is my hero still. But he knows for a fact that this corporate managed trade is NOT true free trade. And that's where I think Ron Paul needs to speak with him directly.

edit: hero until he endorses someone other than Paul, as I understand what he understands about Paul.

granato
11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I think this is just to get all the crazy paul supporters to go en masse to the cnn website to give it a lot of activity. I don't know maybe that's just me.

Syren123
11-08-2007, 10:54 PM

He has definitely wrong interpretations of Ron Paul's positions. I heard him on Laura Ingraham yesterday morning and he was flat wrong on a couple of points. I don't get it either...he's usually pretty thorough. Something seems fishy.

Lou Dobbs will be at the library in my city tomorrow at 3:30 promoting his book. There has been ZERO promotion on this - I only saw it because I was looking at the library online calendar for my own event! In any case, I'm going and see if there's an opportunity to ask him what his deal is with Ron Paul.

american.swan
11-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Is he looking for a current or former politician or what? I mean I almost get a sense just from the quote that he wants me to nominate my good brother who is a great guy and very smart. Or is he talking about Ron Paul?

Lou Dobbs

American
11-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Lou dobbs has said amny time he hates these free traders, he hasnt done his research very well and think that because WTO, NAFTO etc has "free trade" in the title its free trade.

RP would do well but he would need to spend some time with Lou to explain the simple stuff or he would just lamb baste him.

RP4ME
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Bloomberg? Not special interests? Huh? Isn't he just a liberal in disguise? This guy is for amnesty and big business...

Bloomberg isn't for special interests? I'm confused.

I agree - it was pathetic of Dobbs.....he acts liek b/c he is an OUTsider he woudl then be good for the US...teh recent article on him in Time and he was going on about founding fathers bla bla bal - is thsi teh elites response....give us another FAUX candidiate who can afford an Independent run?? Thsi could be an issue for us....Although! Peopel are waking up!

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 11:46 PM
I have to wonder why Lou is not currently listening to the masses?

Also, he keeps trying to get everyone to register Indpendent without saying it could impact the primaries! Sometimes I wonder!

I MORE than wonder. I used to watch him every night too. Not so much anymore. His lack of coverage of Ron Paul, more than disgusts me. I no longer trust him.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Lou dobbs has said amny time he hates these free traders, he hasnt done his research very well and think that because WTO, NAFTO etc has "free trade" in the title its free trade.

RP would do well but he would need to spend some time with Lou to explain the simple stuff or he would just lamb baste him.

Yeah, and unless you knew better, one would think that Paul is for NAFTA, etc. At the least, people would be confused. Because he says he is for free trade. If you look on his campaign site, you see he's AGAINST NAFTA, et al. At some point, he needs to explain that NAFTA is not a free trade agreement at all, but is a big government managed trade agreement.

hard@work
11-08-2007, 11:49 PM
He has definitely wrong interpretations of Ron Paul's positions. I heard him on Laura Ingraham yesterday morning and he was flat wrong on a couple of points. I don't get it either...he's usually pretty thorough. Something seems fishy.

Lou Dobbs will be at the library in my city tomorrow at 3:30 promoting his book. There has been ZERO promotion on this - I only saw it because I was looking at the library online calendar for my own event! In any case, I'm going and see if there's an opportunity to ask him what his deal is with Ron Paul.

Look sharp and let him know we are waiting for his reply from you. Tell him you're our response.

:)

Proemio
11-08-2007, 11:52 PM
its a set up for a BLOOMBERG run....dont be fooled!

Yes, no question at all.

Dobbs is what is appropriately called a sponge. His over-the-top 'populism' is meant to absorb and diffuse the energy of the angry citizen of which there are a lot and more every day. The PTB knows that of course and allows Dobbs to insult, smear and probably even libel everyone from the president down on a daily basis for months on end (with some notable exceptions) - a classic tool.

I love the MSM, they provide truly great entertainment...

PennCustom4RP
11-08-2007, 11:55 PM
You missed an important sentence.

"And let's disregard right now the current candidates."

No, I didn't miss this, but Lou may only be referring to the candidates at the top of the polls, and thought it was worth the effort.

Here is Lous rant in its entirety, addressing his (not) seeking office, trade etc...

Tonight, not for the first time, I'm under some attack by corporate supremacist and all of their good buddies and our Congress. The Democratic Party group called Third Way, it's a think tank, has conducted an extensive study, has entitled a new study "Why Lou Dobbs is Winning." In that study, they accuse me of being a neo-populist alarmist on trade because defending our middle class against the harsh effects of so called free trade is in their judgment alarmist.

Even more remarkable in this study, as first reported by politico.com, there is there report. The Third Way concedes that I am winning this argument entitling their study, "Why Lou Dobbs is Winning," but then the Third Way then sort of loses its way asserting that commentators like me present what it calls a unique threat to America's future and to free trade and the future of middle class. Hello. Folks you are corporatists. You are the free traders, the Mr. Market Morons who don't care about the quality of life in this country, who aren't investing in this country, who aren't investing in the education of our young people, who have absolutely abandoned your responsibilities to this society. Who are you kidding?

And I'm not against globalization. Don't you call me a protectionist you son of a guns and your little think tank beanie hats. The fact is for the past 31 years, we've run consecutive trade deficits in this country. Over the past six years, millions of manufacturing and good paying middle class jobs have been exported by corporate America to cheap overseas labor markets. There's little doubt where the blame lies.

You know the idea that you at the Third Way are concerned and that the Democratic Party are concerned about the fact I'm winning on the issue of free trade. I think you need to calm down a little bit and ask yourself why the American people are persuaded, that we have to have mutuality and reciprocity and reason in our trade policies and why they no longer are comfortable with the corporate elites in this country who basically think it's fine for this nation to be the world's largest debtor nation and to rape and pillage and plunder our economy. Folks, why I'm winning is very simple. I'm talking straight and you're not.

I want to turn to another issue that came up and this is why I am not running for president or why I am running for president. What is this about the presidency? Folks, I'm proud to be an independent populous. I'm proud to be an advocacy journalist. Next year's presidential election is a turning point, I believe, for our entire nation. Matt Cooper, who is by the way in my opinion one of the country's best political analysts, wrote on his blog, "Watching Monsieur Lou on Larry King last night, I couldn't help but think he might yet toss his name on the ballot even though he's indicated otherwise. He kept calling on some as yet unnamed candidate to come forward and trumpet his issues. Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter came about as close as any candidates, but they lack Lou's populism." Well Matt, let me be absolutely clear. I'm here to remain an advocacy journalist to speak, if you will, truth to power and to be a real annoyance to both political parties that have abandoned both the common good and the national interest in this country. I've got a job. We've got enough politicians. What we need are better candidates. What I really hope is that everybody watching this broadcast, I truly believe this. Let's reach out. I'm going to invite everybody watching this broadcast, think about who you want to be our next president. And let's disregard right now the current candidates. They are already, if you will, in play. But look around and think about a man or a woman who is -- who is not of a political family or a dynasty, who has independent notion of what constitutes public service, who has a real commitment to the people, who has a principled life, a vision for this country and in whom you would be confident, in whom we could all be confident of leadership of this nation through the 21st century.

We'd love to hear from you on this and we're going to build a special place on the website. I'm going to ask you to please think about it. It may be a mayor. It may be a carpenter. It may be a doctor. It may be someone. I would like to consider it not being an attorney. We have enough of those in my humble opinion running. But I'm not going to disqualify them. But I would like to say, I'd just like to see a representative American that we might get behind, a man or woman who really has a lot to offer this nation and a commitment to the people and not corporate America or special interest. Think about it. We would love to hear from you on this issue.

Richandler
11-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Lou is insane. First, what independent is going to have any money to run that isn't Michael Bloomberg who by the way is a politician and elitist. He can't be going for Gore because that is the same. Nearly everything Lou describes in a politician is Ron Paul. I think the only reason Lou has a show is to be different. No one at CNN believes his bull but they go with it anyway because it gives them ratings. Unless of course he's suggesting Dr. Phil or something.

He isn't allowed to endorse a candidate yet it's fine to say all the candidates are worthless? That makes no sense. He is obviously look for some thing to cling on too. He's never going to find what he's looking for if he remains so dammn ignorant. It just like all the modern crap on tv that constantly makes thing mysterious or figuring out a story that will never be solved like Lost or something.

tsetsefly
11-09-2007, 12:23 AM

because he is a statist isolationist, he still wants the US to engage in tariff wars with other countries...

hard@work
11-09-2007, 12:44 AM
because he is a statist isolationist, he still wants the US to engage in tariff wars with other countries...

This can only happen if we have a Ron Paul presidency for at least one term. I'm really thinking Lou might be interested in Paul. Hard to figure out since he does not discuss him directly.

terlinguatx
11-09-2007, 01:07 AM

xao
11-09-2007, 01:13 AM
ha. yeah, I never thought of that. He does seem to be pitching switch to indpendent alot, planting seeds.

He's planting seeds. He did the same EXACT thing in 2004. I was already an independent then and there was no Ron Paul running however.

Now that Ron Paul is running, it is absolutely detrimental to him if people are registered as independents instead of Republicans. At least for the primary.
You can always switch back to any party AFTER the primaries.

xao
11-09-2007, 01:14 AM
they're reporters, they have to remain unbiased but their rhetoric obviously supports paul and listernrs pick up on that

I hope so but what about people who aren't online?

The way I look at it, the less people that are online, the less informed the public is.

xao
11-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Lou is insane. First, what independent is going to have any money to run that isn't Michael Bloomberg who by the way is a politician and elitist. He can't be going for Gore because that is the same. Nearly everything Lou describes in a politician is Ron Paul. I think the only reason Lou has a show is to be different. No one at CNN believes his bull but they go with it anyway because it gives them ratings. Unless of course he's suggesting Dr. Phil or something.

He isn't allowed to endorse a candidate yet it's fine to say all the candidates are worthless? That makes no sense. He is obviously look for some thing to cling on too. He's never going to find what he's looking for if he remains so dammn ignorant. It just like all the modern crap on tv that constantly makes thing mysterious or figuring out a story that will never be solved like Lost or something.

He takes votes away from Ron by telling undecided people to register as an indy.

And the problem lies in the facts that Dobb's platform is anti-illegals so this could potentially hurt as this is very popular with most americans.

syborius
11-09-2007, 01:22 AM
the Doctor part is telling. Even though he is a bit hawkish on the war, I think he is open minded enough to see the big picture. He can become another cafferty fort he movement, there is no doubt in my mind, with enough push, he will be a secret supporter, and will do more segments with RP. So, definitely time to Email Bomb. :D

PennCustom4RP
11-09-2007, 01:50 AM
the Doctor part is telling. Even though he is a bit hawkish on the war, I think he is open minded enough to see the big picture. He can become another cafferty fort he movement, there is no doubt in my mind, with enough push, he will be a secret supporter, and will do more segments with RP. So, definitely time to Email Bomb. :D

This is my thinking as well. Jack Cafferty didn't have much to say about RP, now has everything to say about him....
CNN in general didn't say much, until the big $$ of Nov.5...there is a change afoot.

hard@work
11-09-2007, 02:04 AM

The doctor part was almost calculated. Unless I've completely missed the mark on how big media psyche works Dobbs is either pushing us to act or trying to adgitate us. Again - there is no way he does not know that we all believe 1000% that Dr. Paul fits the description he gave us.

And to top that off he's made mention of "so called" free trade. He has never actually knocked true free trade. That is a very smart man, and I know he understand the difference between the philosophical freedom to exchange goods and services unhindered between the people and the corporatist managed trade agreements written by the corporate lobby forced on our people. Fascinating thoughts I wonder what is going through his mind with this. It's still quite possible he could care less about Dr. Paul, but perhaps he's trying to make a statement without comming outright (for whatever reason I can speculate).

Regardless, this is time to lobby him and any other media pundit. Especially since we are the only anti-corporatist movement of this size and strength right now. And Dr. Paul is quite clear on how he feels about a democratic republic and the rights of competing views. The only way even the Green party has a chance is if Dr. Paul is elected.

I think Dobbs might just be aware of all this. And perhaps he is reaching out to us while at the same time challenging his audience with a message that directly fits our candidate.

Richandler
11-09-2007, 02:09 AM
The doctor part was almost calculated. Unless I've completely missed the mark on how big media psyche works Dobbs is either pushing us to act or trying to adgitate us. Again - there is no way he does not know that we all believe 1000% that Dr. Paul fits the description he gave us.

And to top that off he's made mention of "so called" free trade. He has never actually knocked true free trade. That is a very smart man, and I know he understand the difference between the philosophical freedom to exchange goods and services unhindered between the people and the corporatist managed trade agreements written by the corporate lobby forced on our people. Fascinating thoughts I wonder what is going through his mind with this. It's still quite possible he could care less about Dr. Paul, but perhaps he's trying to make a statement without comming outright (for whatever reason I can speculate).

Regardless, this is time to lobby him and any other media pundit. Especially since we are the only anti-corporatist movement of this size and strength right now. And Dr. Paul is quite clear on how he feels about a democratic republic and the rights of competing views. The only way even the Green party has a chance is if Dr. Paul is elected.

I think Dobbs might just be aware of all this. And perhaps he is reaching out to us while at the same time challenging his audience with a message that directly fits our candidate.

And by telling everyone to register Independent it falls right into his plan?

I wonder if Lou has read the American Freedom Agenda Act 2007 and if was willing to endorse that?

Swmorgan77
11-09-2007, 02:13 AM

Lou Dobbs

Uhm where has Lou been? We did that 10 months ago when we (the freedom movement) prevailed upon Dr. Paul to run.

hard@work
11-09-2007, 02:19 AM
And by telling everyone to register Independent it falls right into his plan?

I did not say that I was not suspicious of his motivations. But I can also say I do not know what he is dealing with and what a Ron Paul endorsement would mean for his personal and proffesional life. If I was in a sticky spot and wanted to push Ron Paul under the eye of who knows what goes on behind those cameras I might take the lines he's taken. Also, Dobbs may suspect (as we all do) that Ron Paul will be going third party if he doesn't win the primary.

Heck, find me someone that isn't 80% certain at this point that we have a 60% chance at pulling an upset and a 90% chance at a 3rd party very well funded run.

Just speculation of course. And if Dobbs truly is a "populist", well ... we are the population.

Richandler
11-09-2007, 02:35 AM
I did not say that I was not suspicious of his motivations. But I can also say I do not know what he is dealing with and what a Ron Paul endorsement would mean for his personal and proffesional life. If I was in a sticky spot and wanted to push Ron Paul under the eye of who knows what goes on behind those cameras I might take the lines he's taken. Also, Dobbs may suspect (as we all do) that Ron Paul will be going third party if he doesn't win the primary.

Heck, find me someone that isn't 80% certain at this point that we have a 60% chance at pulling an upset and a 90% chance at a 3rd party very well funded run.

Just speculation of course. And if Dobbs truly is a "populist", well ... we are the population.

The thing is the endorsement doesn't matter one bit. No journalist has to endorse Paul because they won't. The thing that is essential is coverage. When Chris Mathews Talks about Hillary Clinton all day who do you think most of his viewers are going to vote for. He can even say a thousand times that he disagrees with her but it won't change the fact that most people who watch his show will vote Hillary. This is where Lou Dobbs has been a complete crook. Even on a day where Ron raises 4.3 Million Dobbs refuses to say Ron or Paul. Dobb's motivation seems to be to do everything in his power to make sure Paul's movement doesn't catch on with his audience. I seriously wish we as a movement would boycott the MSM altogether.

Mark
11-09-2007, 02:46 AM
I seriously wish we as a movement would boycott the MSM altogether.

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

Sun-tzu

Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)

Richandler
11-09-2007, 02:51 AM

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

Sun-tzu

Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)

The media isn't our enemy. Your enemy doesn't ignore you. Also, not to sound like Giuliani, but that rule failed on 9/11.

PennCustom4RP
11-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Uhm where has Lou been? We did that 10 months ago when we (the freedom movement) prevailed upon Dr. Paul to run.

A lot has changed in the last 10 months...

hard@work
11-09-2007, 03:03 AM
The thing is the endorsement doesn't matter one bit. No journalist has to endorse Paul because they won't. The thing that is essential is coverage. When Chris Mathews Talks about Hillary Clinton all day who do you think most of his viewers are going to vote for. He can even say a thousand times that he disagrees with her but it won't change the fact that most people who watch his show will vote Hillary. This is where Lou Dobbs has been a complete crook. Even on a day where Ron raises 4.3 Million Dobbs refuses to say Ron or Paul. Dobb's motivation seems to be to do everything in his power to make sure Paul's movement doesn't catch on with his audience. I seriously wish we as a movement would boycott the MSM altogether.

That may very well be true and it is definately what we have seen with Olberman who has shown his true colors to us all. But I still hang on to the idea that it is possible Dobbs has his own agenda, and calling himself a populist calling for the very thing that Ron Paul stands for who is running a populist campaign ... and is a doctor... it's uncanny. So perhaps before Lou makes this decision he needs us to step up. And if we the people do not stand tall and petition Lou then what chance do we have of winning him to our side? To just write him off completely is defeatist, we cannot faulter in our petitioning of the 4th estate.

The very best thing you can do is to politely voice your frustrations and concerns to him. Please do, we need this and we need this now.

hard@work
11-09-2007, 03:03 AM
A lot has changed in the last 10 months...

Try 72 hours - amazing!!

ButchHowdy
11-09-2007, 05:27 AM

I don't believe Lou 'hates' free trade - but he does not like cheating and imbalance.

Por Ejemplo, you should have seen his lemon-sucking look in discussing China's building of an automobile factory just over the California/Mexican border to avoid the 25% China/US tariff , a tariff that is non-existent when dealing through Mexico, thanks to NAFTA.

As to Lou's support of a candidate? I've watched him for years and he is a true professional poker-face. Let's just gnaw on the 'bone' he's thrown at us for now!

Richandler
11-09-2007, 05:36 AM
That may very well be true and it is definately what we have seen with Olberman who has shown his true colors to us all. But I still hang on to the idea that it is possible Dobbs has his own agenda, and calling himself a populist calling for the very thing that Ron Paul stands for who is running a populist campaign ... and is a doctor... it's uncanny. So perhaps before Lou makes this decision he needs us to step up. And if we the people do not stand tall and petition Lou then what chance do we have of winning him to our side? To just write him off completely is defeatist, we cannot faulter in our petitioning of the 4th estate.

The very best thing you can do is to politely voice your frustrations and concerns to him. Please do, we need this and we need this now.

I voice my opinion by turning off his show. He got his new slot through ratings. Tanking the ratings sends a message. Same with Olbermann.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Ever since he came back after his surgery, Lou has been on a "throw the bums out" tirade. No one in public office is any good and we should all become "independent", according to him.

Dr. Paul used to be a frequent guest, but now Lou's show is hurting his campaign.

Nefertiti
11-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Pat Buchanan running as an independent if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination would be our best choice, because of the legal impediments that would prevent Ron Paul from doing so. And then he would get his protectionist as well.

Adamsa
11-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Is Lou against the war?

Jimmy
11-09-2007, 07:20 AM

Who does he work for again? :rolleyes:

USAFCapt
11-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Here's what I wrote to him:

Lou
I heard you on Laura's radio show yesterday mentioning Ron Paul. You said he was against Public Schooling but that is wrong. Dr Paul is against Federal control of public schools, ie the Dept of Education. States should have control over their own schools, just like it says in the 10th amendment.

I am throwing all my weight and words behind Dr. Paul. He is a congressman who is not corrupt. He has been married for 40 years with 5 children and 18 grandchildren. He understands the value of life and he understands the constitution, two things the federal government left in its rear view mirror a long time ago.

RPFTW!
11-09-2007, 08:35 AM
So far 3 emails to Lou and he still hasn't had Ron on his show.