PDA

View Full Version : Video update - Jack Hunter on Fox News (12/29)

Matt Collins
12-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Jack Hunter will be on Fox News today (12/29) at 12:20p ET. This is the Official Thread. :cool:

Thanks Fermli for the tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybucFjomi0

trojansc82
12-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Just saw it. He did a great job with the Milli-Vanilli comparison.

Canderson
12-29-2011, 11:40 AM
He was over eager and she was a terrible interviewer

fade
12-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I caught part of it. Couldn't tell what was going on - had some customers in the store. Seemed like he did a good job of re-framing her questions and viewpoints.

Tyler_Durden
12-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Just saw it. He did a great job with the Milli-Vanilli comparison.

posted that quote on my FB Page - "Ben Swann for Press Secretary 2012"

It was Classic!!

That reporter was being very rude to Jack!!

Paulatized
12-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Wish he had mentioned Ron Paul's military support.

niklarin
12-29-2011, 12:12 PM
toob?

braane
12-29-2011, 12:17 PM
The person giving the interview was terrible. Interrupting Jack every chance she got. Telling him he didn't 'answer the question' ... and she would ask an entirely new question 'reasking' him the question. It was a joke.

"Ahmadinejad hates that we have put sanctions on Iran, so he isn't wanting to sell us their oil!!!! He is evil!!!1!!!11!!1!"

Really? Really? He tells America to shove it where the sun don't shine because we throw sanctions on Iran... and he's the bad guy? Get real.

jct74
12-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Video:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1352378226001/does-ron-paul-think-iran-is-a-threat/

RonPaulCult
12-29-2011, 12:31 PM
What. A. Bitch. She didn't let him answer any of the questions.

G-Wohl
12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
What a bitch!

Hunter was classy enough to know that the talking head was probably told to be so hostile, making it appear to not even phase him. Nicely done on his part.

niklarin
12-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Video:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1352378226001/does-ron-paul-think-iran-is-a-threat/
Thanks!!

LawnWake
12-29-2011, 12:38 PM
He didn't try to answer it that well, though. The simple answer would've been ;AHMEDINEJAD DOESN'T MATTER. He's a puppet. He has nothing to say. Dude's just beating his chest.

KurtBoyer25L
12-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Chill out, gang. Jack did extremely well. That haircut makes him look like a real eccentric southern dandy.

Cody1
12-29-2011, 12:51 PM
She looked off camera to the right like three times lol. Pretty obvious.

AlexMerced
12-29-2011, 01:00 PM
He could've done better, he didn't answer her question, which Ron Paul did answer a hypothetical of this exact situation on center seat with bret baier

Ron Paul said something like "If it presented a threat to our national security I'd bring it to the congress, make my case, ge tthe approval, then go in fight it and win it"

Chieppa1
12-29-2011, 01:08 PM
He didn't answer the question. All he had to say is, "If Dr. Paul was President, we wouldn't have sanctions on Iran since they are a precursor to war. Iran is flexing their muscles in response to our intervention in their affairs."

SonofThunder
12-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I thought Jack did a decent job given the hostile way the reporter was treating him. I could tell he was setting up to answer the question but took too long to get around to the punchline - because she kept cutting him off.

Fermli
12-29-2011, 01:46 PM

neverseen
12-29-2011, 01:48 PM
what a voice/accent he has!

Brian4Liberty
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
The person giving the interview was terrible. Interrupting Jack every chance she got. Telling him he didn't 'answer the question' ... and she would ask an entirely new question 'reasking' him the question. It was a joke.

What a bitch!

Hunter was classy enough to know that the talking head was probably told to be so hostile, making it appear to not even phase him. Nicely done on his part.

You will never see the media harassing Newt or one of his spokespeople like that. She almost looked relieved that it was over. Remember, she was sent in there to attack, and she has a group of people who talk into her ear the whole time telling her what to do next.

Brian4Liberty
12-29-2011, 01:50 PM
I thought Jack did a decent job given the hostile way the reporter was treating him. I could tell he was setting up to answer the question but took too long to get around to the punchline - because she kept cutting him off.

Yep, good job under the circumstances!

Brett85
12-29-2011, 01:59 PM
I wish Jack would've pointed out that Ron actually has "the foreign policy that Republicans have traditionally supported."

JohnGalt23g
12-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Being a rude interrupting whore is one thing.

But when you do interrupt, sweetheart, the least you could do is get your lines straight.

Meiun
12-29-2011, 02:06 PM
well... isn't the proper answer here a better energy policy, not a different military policy? Seems to me having either multiple sources of energy, in terms of what is bought and what we produce, is a better mitigation to the rantings of a rogue (bully) nation. I really don't see how OUR military is involved here.

Appalachia
12-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Good job Jack

Czolgosz
12-29-2011, 02:20 PM
When black dudes imitate white guys, they sound like Jack Hunter. :D

Publicani
12-29-2011, 02:20 PM
He could've done better, he didn't answer her question, which Ron Paul did answer a hypothetical of this exact situation on center seat with bret baier

Ron Paul said something like "If it presented a threat to our national security I'd bring it to the congress, make my case, ge tthe approval, then go in fight it and win it"

That should have his first sentence. Then he could talk about other staff. He needs practice.

PaleoPaul
12-29-2011, 02:32 PM
He did decently, but Doug Wead is much better at being a spokesperson in interviews.

kuckfeynes
12-29-2011, 02:48 PM
He answered well, just a bit too wordy and convoluted.

The threats Ahmadinejad is making are in direct response to our sanctions. We are causing our our own grief. Simple as that.

NoPants
12-29-2011, 03:02 PM
I think he did very well. She came off as aggressive and the constant changing of the question was a sign of her also needing more experience. If you are going to interrupt when someone doesn't answer they way you want, you can't move on to another question. Either let theme finish and ask the next question, or interrupt and re-ask the question. There are ways of doing that, interrupt and say, "You're not answering my question, but moving on..."

Jack is very intelligent and did a good job. He knows his stuff and he'll get better at this as time goes on. He needs to condense the responses and "work" the question to get the desired talking points in without an annoying interviewer interrupting. It's just something that comes with experience and he's already doing it very well in my opinion but he will get even better. Live interviews, thinking on your feet and media appearances are not easy to do. Keep that in mind.

r3volution
12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
lol @ milli vanilli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-daGkBn2EvA

Eric39
12-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry to jump ship with y'all, but this guy sucked. The interviewer was actually giving a decent interview and asking good questions that could have been easily answered, but he wouldn't give a straight answer and just went off on a semi related tangent being very rude. Anyone who watches this and isn't on board already is not going to be persuaded.

How would I have answered the question about Iran and military power?

First off, Iran wouldnt block off trade if we stopped intervening and stopped dropping endless sanctions. Second, our military is not made stronger by how far away it is. Military spending is not soley the price of maintaining soldiers and arms, but the price of many forms of waste that neither benefit our troops or our interests, like keeping 50,000 people in Germany, who have to fly all the way back here each time they change out shifts. Also, even if Iran does obtain nuclear arms, they lack the adequate air force or ICBMs to reach American soil and as such are no threat to us, and Ron Paul has a record of defending israels right to use their superior military edge in the region for self defense like he did in 1981 when Israel attacked Iraqi nuclear reactors.

You see that? I gave a straight convincing argument minus rhetorical points. So why the hell can't campaign surrogates do it and look like well mannered adults? Come on Hunter.

unknown
12-29-2011, 03:33 PM
"Flexing his muscle", seriously?

gjdavis60
12-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Jack's statement about Romney, Gingrich and Milli Vanilli was classic, however I thought he was somewhat evasive about Ron's position on Iran's "threat" to close the Strait of Hormuz.

Later on Fox (Megyn Kelly hosting, I think) I saw an interview with some Gulf Oil exec and a guy from a financial service talking about Iran and the Strait of Hormuz. They were talking about how much of the world's oil transits the Strait and what the effect would be if it were closed. They all agreed that the U.S. Navy would intervene immediately to neutralize any Iranian forces and reopen the Strait. I found this discussion revealing as all these people (including an oil company executive) were speaking as if U.S. military intervention over the flow of oil was a given and the flow of foreign oil was a vital U.S. security interest. The obvious implication was that this was the reason we're really over there, although nobody would say it.

So my question is, what would Ron have to say about this situation? Does our dependence on foreign make a possible closing of the Strait a threat to our national security? Is the the U.S. military's responsibility to maintain open shipping lanes half way across the globe?

PreDeadMan
12-29-2011, 10:55 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1352378226001/does-ron-paul-think-iran-is-a-threat

Does Ron Paul Think Iran Is a Threat?
Dec 29, 2011- 5:15 -
Campaign adviser Jack Hunter responds

Here's the video I thought Hunter did great and the lady was pretty rude to him.

CharlesTX
12-29-2011, 11:09 PM
That lady was trained to ask questions like a bitch, just like Chris Wallace, Chris Matthews and all the other media bitches.

PreDeadMan
12-29-2011, 11:15 PM
That lady was trained to ask questions like a bitch, just like Chris Wallace, Chris Matthews and all the other media bitches.

yeah

LibertyEagle
12-29-2011, 11:18 PM
I think he did well, but I don't know why he didn't say, well, a President Paul wouldn't have sanctions on Iran in the first place. So, there would be no threat from Iran on closing the Strait of Hormuz.

terp
12-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Is this some holiday I haven't heard about? Jack Hunter's not allowed to finish answering a question day?

RileyE104
12-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't know why he didn't say, well, a President Paul wouldn't have sanctions on Iran in the first place. So, there would be no threat from Iran on closing the Strait of Hormuz.

Sometimes the simplest of explanations never come to us at the right moment, unfortunately.

Cleaner44
12-29-2011, 11:46 PM

+rep for calling out media bitches!

Knightskye
12-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Interrupt the fools who don't include the words "Keep military action on the table" in their response. That's the name of the game.

realtonygoodwin
12-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Distracted by Zorg...

Sola_Fide
12-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Any tube?

jct74
12-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Any tube?

Tube is in first post. I merged duplicate thread with original thread.

TheDriver
12-30-2011, 07:33 AM
He should have asked her: do you want answer the questions for me? If not, quit interrupting when I start to answer.

TheLasersShadow
12-30-2011, 07:49 AM
What. A. Bitch. She didn't let him answer any of the questions.

Wasn't much of an interview, was more of a I'm going to tell you how your wrong and don't dare try to answer the question logically... we can't have logic at FOX.

LibertyEagle
12-30-2011, 07:56 AM
He should have asked her: do you want answer the questions for me? If not, quit interrupting when I start to answer.

Love it. I think the viewers would too.

SonofThunder
12-30-2011, 08:03 AM
First off, Iran wouldnt block off trade if we stopped intervening and stopped dropping

OK, stop. You're done. Now she's asking you a new question. You didn't make a point. Now what?