PDA

View Full Version : It's going to be fun watching RP go up in the polls in the next few weeks.

wgadget
11-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Just sayin'.

:)

JosephTheLibertarian
11-08-2007, 10:09 PM
yeah, and now media doesn't matter as much now that we have a lot of $$$... media just will help with name reconition and support in states we're not really targeting

key words = 'as much'

they matter, but now at least we don't have to depend on them

xao
11-08-2007, 10:20 PM
yeah, and now media doesn't matter as much now that we have a lot of $$$... media just will help with name reconition and support in states we're not really targeting

key words = 'as much'

they matter, but now at least we don't have to depend on them

Isn't the wwweb wonderful. =)

Bradley in DC
11-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Just sayin'.

Don't bother, the polls are rigged. :rolleyes:

RPinSEAZ
11-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Why is he going to go up in the polls? Have you been talking to "republicans likely to vote" recently?

CJLauderdale4
11-08-2007, 11:36 PM
We'll see...

One good thing: go Google Ron Paul under News, and look at all of the "halfway decent", not completely negative press coverage he's getting from MSM news, just in the last 12-24 hours.

Not what we're typically accustomed to seeing...

Wyurm
11-08-2007, 11:37 PM

Lol, it seems you've turned into a contrarian of late. I remember when you showed how Dr. Paul even invested money in polls to determine how well his congressional campaign was doing.

Zydeco
11-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Just sayin'.

Crack open a beer, yes it will!

St. Ronny himself said, we're supposed to have fun while restoring the republic, make it two beers.

Zydeco
11-08-2007, 11:46 PM

Even Brad has seen the light!

RPinSEAZ
11-08-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm beginning to think that many 'supporters' are really just all talk honestly. Bragging about what a good job you did posting on the internet will not get Ron Paul in office.

Eric23
11-09-2007, 12:13 AM
You can only do so much behind a computer. People really need to start getting out there with their meet up groups and spreading the name of Dr. Paul.

PINN4CL3
11-09-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm beginning to think that many 'supporters' are really just all talk honestly. Bragging about what a good job you did posting on the internet will not get Ron Paul in office.

Look at it this way, alot of people are not comfortable going door to door, or heading out into the public sector handing out pamphlets. They weren't going to do it in the first place, so there's nothing lost or gained.

What the internet has done however, is offer these people who otherwise might not have done anything at all, a chance to contribute in their own way. People not comfortable talking face to face with strangers, may have instead wrote letters to Iowa, created youtube videos, or donated their hard earned money. That effort is not to be overlooked, and in general I'm sure no one appreciates the high and mighty attitude like "my effort is better than yours".

amonasro
11-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Look at it this way, alot of people are not comfortable going door to door, or heading out into the public sector handing out pamphlets. They weren't going to do it in the first place, so there's nothing lost or gained.

What the internet has done however, is offer these people who otherwise might not have done anything at all, a chance to contribute in their own way. People not comfortable talking face to face with strangers, may have instead wrote letters to Iowa, created youtube videos, or donated their hard earned money. That effort is not to be overlooked, and in general I'm sure no one appreciates the high and mighty attitude like "my effort is better than yours".

Just what I wanted to say but couldn't put it into words.

austin356
11-09-2007, 12:44 AM

We gonna make 'em comfortable. I absolutely hate the idea of going door to door, but if someone gives me a script and is helpin' we can literally canvass the entire nation (non-rural parts), with just existing meetup groups.

specsaregood
11-09-2007, 01:43 AM
//

RPinSEAZ
11-09-2007, 02:16 AM

All this is is a justification to be lazy. Thank god the founding fathers didn't make up excuses like this.

RPinSEAZ
11-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Uhm, many of us have. MANY. Our group in Jersey has been out EVERY week since this summer. In fact, the last two events, I have offered a flyer to people and they said, "Oh, you already gave me one of those a month ago." We have been working to saturate our area.

Thank you for your hard work.

PINN4CL3
11-09-2007, 12:25 PM
All this is is a justification to be lazy. Thank god the founding fathers didn't make up excuses like this.

You are comparing the founding fathers of our country, to average joe internet user in the year 2007? Now I've seen it all. Roll back the clock to 1776, and you don't think there were people then who supported candidates, but didn't get politically involved?

The internet now makes it easier for those people to help out. That is all. There will always be people more motivated, or more comfortable campaigning than others. Say thank you to those people and move on. You throwing around insults, and judging everybody, just makes you look obnoxious. It doesn't have the effect you desire.