PDA

View Full Version : Can't imagine anything going wrong with this idea...

Anti Federalist
12-29-2011, 01:51 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Weapons Sales to Iraq Move Ahead Despite U.S. Worries

By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and ERIC SCHMITT
Published: December 28, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/29/world/middleeast/us-military-sales-to-iraq-raise-concerns.html

BAGHDAD — The Obama administration is moving ahead with the sale of nearly $11 billion worth of arms and training for the Iraqi military despite concerns that Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki is seeking to consolidate authority, create a one-party Shiite-dominated state and abandon the American-backed power-sharing government.

The military aid, including advanced fighter jets and battle tanks, is meant to help the Iraqi government protect its borders and rebuild a military that before the 1991 Persian Gulf war was one of the largest in the world; it was disbanded in 2003 after the United States invasion.

But the sales of the weapons — some of which have already been delivered — are moving ahead even though Mr. Maliki has failed to carry out an agreement that would have limited his ability to marginalize the Sunnis and turn the military into a sectarian force. While the United States is eager to beef up Iraq’s military, at least in part as a hedge against Iranian influence, there are also fears that the move could backfire if the Baghdad government ultimately aligns more closely with the Shiite theocracy in Tehran than with Washington.

ShaneEnochs
12-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Step 1 - Overthrow government
Step 2 - Prop up new dictator
Step 3 - Things go badly
Step 4 - Repeat

Pauls' Revere
12-29-2011, 02:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AftHOPB3Bqc

Let me guess, this leader becomes a puppet dictator which gets overthrown years from now and is replaced by a religous Iman or some sort that hates America for it's involvement in thier internal affairs and invasion during the Iraq war. [see also Iran].

John F Kennedy III
12-29-2011, 02:37 AM
Step 3 - Things go badly
Step 4 - Repeat

^^^ Das.

Mani
12-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Where's the problem? We need to give them more guns and give their government elite officials billions of dollars for their pockets....aahm...I mean foreign aid...for the children...yah the children, that's what it's for...

bunklocoempire
12-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Step 3 - Things go badly
Step 4 - Repeat

... and making money for the connected every step of the way.

Tax Americans/borrow, give money as military aid, sell weapons, pocket money.

Isn't it interesting how we are robbed to arm foreigners abroad while here at home the hoops to jump through to aquire arms for ourselves are endless.

Hardly anything chaps my hide more. :mad::mad::mad:

Simple
12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
1 sell them the weapons
2 wait for it
3 media hype their weapons development
4 invasion

phill4paul
12-29-2011, 10:08 PM
What does a nuke w/ a delivery system go for? Maybe we might could get rid of the deficit.

Pericles
12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Where is the step where some of is pay off certain foreign government officials to sneak some of our weapons back into "friendly" hands?

specsaregood
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM
The military aid, including advanced fighter jets and battle tanks, is meant to help the Iraqi government protect its borders and rebuild a military that before the 1991 Persian Gulf war was one of the largest in the world;

Yeah, thats just what they need. It served them so well last go around; I'm sure they need to protect themselves from their neighbors. lol

liberty2897
12-30-2011, 01:06 AM
The military aid, including advanced fighter jets and battle tanks, is meant to help the Iraqi government protect its borders and rebuild a military that before the 1991 Persian Gulf war was one of the largest in the world;

Or maybe it is meant to help these defense contractors who I'm sure have no influence whatsoever on our elected representatives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_defense_contractors

Bringing freedom to the world through crosshairs one, two, or three nations at a time. Who else is going to do it if not U.S. taxpayers? We love freedom!

South Park Fan
12-30-2011, 01:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AftHOPB3Bqc

Let me guess, this leader becomes a puppet dictator which gets overthrown years from now and is replaced by a religous Iman or some sort that hates America for it's involvement in thier internal affairs and invasion during the Iraq war. [see also Iran].

It helps that we removed a few steps from the process by directly putting a Shia theocrat as the puppet dictator.